2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I doubt they check the date of secondary received and submitted unless it's something ridiculous but even then if you're a good fit for the school and they see that you're doing things that keep you busy 24/7, then you should be fine. Keep your head up! We will all be OK :)
That being said...I have been more irritable than usual because of all of this haha

Members don't see this ad.

Yay! II this afternoon ^_^ I submitted my secondary 7/15, if this is helpful for anyone trying to gauge when to expect things. Waaahhhh I'm excited! I knew someone who got in here and was very impressed by the environment and the happiness of the students. Can't wait to be on campus and see what it's like as well.

Reactions: 4 users
Yay! II this afternoon ^_^ I submitted my secondary 7/15, if this is helpful for anyone trying to gauge when to expect things. Waaahhhh I'm excited! I knew someone who got in here and was very impressed by the environment and the happiness of the students. Can't wait to be on campus and see what it's like as well.

Congrats, what are your stats? I submitted 7/13 but nothing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
II!!!!! QUINNIPIAC I LOVE YOU! My first one, I am so happy.

LizzyM ~ 71. Complete 7/13.

I live approx. 10 minutes from campus and am happy to help anybody with directions / anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
II!!!!! QUINNIPIAC I LOVE YOU! My first one, I am so happy.

IS, LizzyM ~ 71. Complete 7/13.

I live approx. 10 minutes from campus and am happy to help anybody with directions / anything else.

For all you getting IIs, did your status on the application portal ever change? I submitted 7/13 and it's just said "your application is ready!" Ever since.

For all you getting IIs, did your status on the application portal ever change? I submitted 7/13 and it's just said "your application is ready!" Ever since.

No change in the status that I noticed, it still says app is ready. But there's an interview tab.

Congrats, what are your stats? I submitted 7/13 but nothing yet.

Thank you! Idk my LizzyM because I was too afraid to compute it >_< But my overall science gpa is a 3.0 (postbacc 3.98 and an undergrad gpa too low to function), MCAT 520, URM, non-traditional, disadvantaged. And just like FindingNismo, I didn't get a status change but an "Interview" tab showed up.

EDIT: I'm OOS, a California applicant

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Idk my LizzyM because I was too afraid to compute it >_< But my overall science gpa is a 3.0 (postbacc 3.98 and an undergrad gpa too low to function), MCAT 520, URM, non-traditional, disadvantaged. And just like FindingNismo, I didn't get a status change but an "Interview" tab showed up.

EDIT: I'm OOS, a California applicant

Congrats. Sounds like you definitely deserve it.

Incoming M1 here, just began orientation. I'm still freshly entering medical school here but you guys can ask me questions if you want!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that. I hope we both get something soon

Yeah trying to remain optimistic. Just want one II that way I know I don't have a bad rec (which I should not) or even a dreaded typo (which I do not think I do).

Good luck to you too!

I got passed over by Hofstra, Quinnipiac, and Albany
It's the first day you didn't get passed up. I got an interview a month after someone who submitted the same time. Means nothing that you didn't get one today.

Reactions: 1 users
It's the first day you didn't get passed up. I got an interview a month after someone who submitted the same time. Means nothing that you didn't get one today.
Yeah all I can do is hope. I just want an approval that there are no serious flaws on my application. That is what I am becoming slightly worried about.

Yeah all I can do is hope. I just want an approval that there are no serious flaws on my application. That is what I am becoming slightly worried about.

I received a DO interview but no MD thus far, so i dont think i made any errors or have a bad rec

Yeah trying to remain optimistic. Just want one II that way I know I don't have a bad rec (which I should not) or even a dreaded typo (which I do not think I do).

Good luck to you too!

Glad I'm not the only one paranoid about having a bad rec. I've heard horror stories.

I received a DO interview but no MD thus far, so i dont think i made any errors or have a bad rec

Yeah that confirms it. I unfortunately decided not to apply DO this time around. If I have to reapply, I want to keep the DO schools as non reapplicant schools. But good for you! Your time will come then!

Glad I'm not the only one paranoid about having a bad rec. I've heard horror stories.

Exactly. I am just praying for a positive sign. I still feel like getting small-pooled or being put on hold is not a positive sign enough.

Reactions: 1 users
To those offered an II... are you booking your hotel now or waiting until closer to your interview? What hotel are you going with?

(I couldn't find any info about student hosts so hotels are likely the only option)

II just now! First one of the cycle! So excited and guess this means no red flags! :)

Reactions: 8 users
Thank you so much!

Thanks! Was complete 7/7. Got a lesson in the whole "dont worry if someone complete later than you gets an interview earlier" thing.
Yeah trying to keep calm, I was complete 7/12 so hoping to join you! Well congratulations, again!!! :)

To those offered an II... are you booking your hotel now or waiting until closer to your interview? What hotel are you going with?

(I couldn't find any info about student hosts so hotels are likely the only option)
Bump

I myself wont be staying overnight since I live less than 2 hours away, but I believe most stay at the best western thats a mile away or so. North Haven isn't exactly NYC or Boston so prices don't really fluctuate.

Last edited:
Not getting a hotel here either, but yeah, the best western is one or two exits away and probably your best bet. hotels in New Haven are a bit more expensive there's additional traffic.

hey guys I have a quick question and would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out! I know in the secondary email, they recommend to send it in within 2 weeks...I know it is okay to send it in after the two week period.

I retook the mcat July 22 (AMCAS submitted in June and verified) so do you think I should wait for my score to come back to submit or can I trust them to wait for my score to come back if I submit the secondary before my score comes back?

hey guys I have a quick question and would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out! I know in the secondary email, they recommend to send it in within 2 weeks...I know it is okay to send it in after the two week period.

I retook the mcat July 22 (AMCAS submitted in June and verified) so do you think I should wait for my score to come back to submit or can I trust them to wait for my score to come back if I submit the secondary before my score comes back?
if you indicated on AMCAS that you have a future score, you should be fine. you can also just call them!

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your complete date/stats?

Complete 7/8. Just gonna paste what I posted in another thread so you don't have to go digging...

3.4 cGPA (science is a bit lower) but I have an upward trend and I took a semester of postbacc science coursework.

512 MCAT. 1.5 years of undergraduate research and currently doing research at a pretty competitive institution (with great PI letter). I'm first author on a paper that is currently undergoing revisions. I have a large amount of teaching and shadowing experience. I was also a scribe for a year.