2016-2017 Michigan State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! When were you complete?
Not sure exactly. Mid july. Ill edit with exact date later when i get a chance to get on a computer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got a new email and excitedly checked it but it was just from neopets ugh

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II!

LizzyM of 72. I'll pull up my dates later but I think I was complete mid July.

I'm actually OOS but am alumna.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im assuming the campus our interview is at is necessarily the campus we would end up attending out of the two? Anybody know for sure how that works?

Im assuming the campus our interview is at is necessarily the campus we would end up attending out of the two? Anybody know for sure how that works?
Pretty sure interviews are in both places, then after you are admitted you give your site preference and then you are assigned a site. So this place you interview at is not always where you attend (someone correct me if I am wrong, but this is how it worked for my friend).

Pretty sure interviews are in both places, then after you are admitted you give your site preference and then you are assigned a site. So this place you interview at is not always where you attend (someone correct me if I am wrong, but this is how it worked for my friend).
That would be great. Ill take what I can get if I get accepted, but east lansing would be so much easier for me with my family. Grand rapids is twice as far away.

I'm not sure if that's how it works. I'm interviewing in East Lansing, so I hope it is! But according to their website, half of the class goes to each site, and the "Office of Admissions makes all placement decisions. Preclinical campus placement information will typically be sent out in April."

The site makes it seem like there's no option in the selection process. So I don't if it's random or not. I guess that's something to ask on interview day.

Last edited:
I just emailed to ask. Ill update here when I get a response.

You put in site preference and reason (like if you have family in GR or something) and they will tell everyone where they are later. So it's not random and not first come/first served

I've talked to a few admissions people. Given this was a year or two ago but I think it still stands!

You put in site preference and reason (like if you have family in GR or something) and they will tell everyone where they are later. So it's not random and not first come/first served

I've talked to a few admissions people. Given this was a year or two ago but I think it still stands!
Any idea what the likelihood is of getting your preference?

my interview is in GR...im actually excited. I already saw EL during my com interview so it'll be cool to see how it differs from GR

Any idea what the likelihood is of getting your preference?

I've heard pretty good because it's 50/50 and both campuses have people who want it. But I've been to EL and GR campuses (MSU ugrad) and they're both pretty awesome and I think almost everyone would be happy at either!

Anyone interviewing at the grand rapids campus on the 30th, Im staying at the hawthorne suites by windham the night before. If anyone else is staying there I should be able to give one or two ppl a lift to the campus the morning of....

Anyone interviewing at the grand rapids campus on the 30th, Im staying at the hawthorne suites by windham the night before. If anyone else is staying there I should be able to give one or two ppl a lift to the campus the morning of....

Can you PM me? :)

for those of you interviewing at the GR campus, what hotels are you staying at? trying to find something not too costly yet not too meh. (if you know what I mean)

for those of you interviewing at the GR campus, what hotels are you staying at? trying to find something not too costly yet not too meh. (if you know what I mean)
If you wanna go all out, stay at the amway! Haha

For those of you with II's/acceptances, how long did it take to hear back from when you submitted your secondaries?

I've been forwarded for preliminary review since 7/27. That where everyone else is at?

Are they slow to give out II's or is it just the sampling bias associated with SDN users? Because this thread seems dead

Are they slow to give out II's or is it just the sampling bias associated with SDN users? Because this thread seems dead

I think they are just slow but so far, a majority of MD school threads are slow. The DO school threads are lit tho

I think they are just slow but so far, a majority of MD school threads are slow. The DO school threads are lit tho
Yeah, there has been a lot of action in the DO schools. I do think that the big name private school threads are lit though. I did get a straight up rejection from oakland so i got that going for me.

Yeah, there has been a lot of action in the DO schools. I do think that the big name private school threads are lit though. I did get a straight up rejection from oakland so i got that going for me.

lmaoooooo same man... its all good tho

Their Twitter said they're giving out interviews until March so don't worry if you don't have one yet :)

Reactions: 2 users
Their Twitter said they're giving out interviews until March so don't worry if you don't have one yet :)
Idk exactly how it works, but they say later II's have the same chance of acceptance as earlier II's. They budget amounts of acceptances throughout the cycle, in some fashion.

I was put on hold, is that a natural progression of the process or is my app actually on hold (aka bad)?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you get an email about being on hold or did you just see it on the portal?

No email I just checked today and it says "hold- your app has been reviewed and is on hold for comparison to a larger applicant pool. Your status will change after an interview decision is made."

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile