2021-2022 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well this can’t be right… the class of 2026 has almost 300 members!
The Facebook has several upperclassmen (M2s-M4s) and even some people who just graduated. There are also several people I personally know who are in the group that have committed to other places (they just didn't leave the group).

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an email asking if I was still interested in remaining on the alternate list. I would be more interested in getting accepted but they got me by the balls. God speed

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes!!! But also what does their email mean?
I recall reading somewhere that around mid June MSUCHM will "release" a select group of people from their waitlist and keep a portion on the waitlist for future openings. But that could just be word of mouth and inaccurate. If true, then maybe they are estimating who to keep on or the number of people to drop?

I recall reading somewhere that around mid June MSUCHM will "release" a select group of people from their waitlist and keep a portion on the waitlist for future openings. But that could just be word of mouth and inaccurate. If true, then maybe they are estimating who to keep on or the number of people to drop?
Why would they estimate if they just asked??? Are we assuming not everyone got an email today?

Why would they estimate if they just asked??? Are we assuming not everyone got an email today?
I would assume everyone received the email. Probably just seeing if anyone is already planning on dropping after obtaining leases/planning elsewhere that way those people can be removed off waitlist. Then the remaining people would be dedicated to the program and have no hesitancy accepting. But, once again, this is based off of word of mouth where I'd heard they remove a portion later in June. I certainly could be wrong.

I would assume everyone received the email. Probably just seeing if anyone is already planning on dropping after obtaining leases/planning elsewhere that way those people can be removed off waitlist. Then the remaining people would be dedicated to the program and have no hesitancy accepting. But, once again, this is based off of word of mouth where I'd heard they remove a portion later in June. I certainly could be wrong.
Thanks for the information. Does that also mean at this Time they filled in the incoming class?

Thanks for the information. Does that also mean at this Time they filled in the incoming class?
No clue on that end. I've just been assuming waitlist means they have and are just picking up from the pool whenever a spot opens.

Got a call from Dr. Maurer this morn, accepted off WL 🥹
Congrats! Was the call between 6-9pm EST? Also what area code was the call from, not trying to accidentally send them to voicemail 😵‍💫

Still hoping for some more waitlist movement! Saw the Facebook group go down a couple people so maybe students are still withdrawing.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like compared to last years forum, the waitlist movement this year is alot slower?

The silence in here is deafening 😂😂😂😭😭😭
Part of me is just telling myself to wait until end of July before I panic, the other part of me is obsessed over checking this forum multiple times a day 🫠

Looks like GroupMe went from 100 to 102 members. Anyone get a phone call yesterday?

do you know what orientation entails?
I’ve heard it’s like summer camp with lots of ice breakers and team activities. I also think they go over several different aspects of med school through presentations and introduce you to who you’ll be working with, your learning societies, advisors, etc.

Has anyone here gotten off the waitlist since May 11th?

Feels really odd that it’s been almost three weeks without movement. Even the Facebook group hasn’t increased in size much since that time either…

Just called admissions. She said that she thinks adcoms are either meeting this upcoming week or the week after to finalize the class and we should know by mid-June if we've been accepted or not. Good luck everyone😮‍💨

Reactions: 1 users
Just called admissions. She said that she thinks adcoms are either meeting this upcoming week or the week after to finalize the class and we should know by mid-June if we've been accepted or not. Good luck everyone😮‍💨
What the heck does that mean? That they are already full and finalizing next week? Or that they will continue filling next week?

What the heck does that mean? That they are already full and finalizing next week? Or that they will continue filling next week?
No, the class is not full yet. There are some open spots left which will be filled by mid-June. The committee will meet within the next two weeks to finish filling the class.

No, the class is not full yet. There are some open spots left which will be filled by mid-June. The committee will meet within the next two weeks to finish filling the class.
Ahhh I see what you mean. I thought this was one of those “vanilla” admissions office answers for a second 😂😂😂
Thanks for doing the leg work for all of us waiting!

Reaaally hoping it’s a big acceptance wave as it has felt so quiet around here otherwise.

Also have offers from schools that start by the end of the month sooooo I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later…

Reaaally hoping it’s a big acceptance wave as it has felt so quiet around here otherwise.

Also have offers from schools that start by the end of the month sooooo I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later…

Even if the seats are all currently full, with CTE deadline not for another 30+ days, I’m sure there will be some opening up. Fingers crossed that you get to matriculate at your preferred school, congrats either way!

Just got the acceptance call like half an hour ago from Dr. Maurer!!!!

GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS HOPEFULLY YOU ALL GET A CALL SOON

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Stats: In-state, 509 MCAT, 3.67 cumulative GPA, and I think 3.59 science GPA (I know it was 3.5x for sure)

GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS HOPEFULLY YOU ALL GET A CALL SOON QUOTE]

Congrats!

Stats: In-state, 509 MCAT, 3.67 cumulative GPA, and I think 3.59 science GPA (I know it was 3.5x for sure)

GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS HOPEFULLY YOU ALL GET A CALL SOON <3
Congrats!! Did you send a letter or any updates?

Just got the call by Dr.Maurer!!! URM 501, 3.6gpa and 3.5sgpa. No update or letter of intent sent

Does MSUCHM only give acceptance offers on tuesdays and wednesdays? Does anybody know?

Glad that more waitlist movement is starting though, it’s been a quiet 2 weeks.

Does MSUCHM only give acceptance offers on tuesdays and wednesdays? Does anybody know?

I’ve seen people claim they have gotten a call on a M, T, W, and F. I’ve read that they usually call between 5-9pm (some saying 6-9pm) and then there’s other people like yesterday and today who got calls in the AM/early PM. And lastly I’ve heard the call showed up in caller ID as “MI State Univ” (an iPhone). East Lansing area code is 517 fyi. And if you don’t answer they leave a voicemail with your acceptance so don’t panic if you missed it, but I’m sure we’d all prefer to have that phone call conversation.

Hope this helps!

Congrats!! Did you send a letter or any updates?
I didn’t! I interviewed in February so I didn’t really feel the need for an update letter. The only thing I did was reply to the email they sent asking if we were still interested in remaining on the waitlist.

I’ve seen people claim they have gotten a call on a M, T, W, and F. I’ve read that they usually call between 5-9pm (some saying 6-9pm) and then there’s other people like yesterday and today who got calls in the AM/early PM. And lastly I’ve heard the call showed up in caller ID as “MI State Univ” (an iPhone). East Lansing area code is 517 fyi. And if you don’t answer they leave a voicemail with your acceptance so don’t panic if you missed it, but I’m sure we’d all prefer to have that phone call conversation.

Hope this helps!
The caller ID on my phone said “Joel Maurer” and my heart dropped lol. I picked up, said “hello” and then the line cut out :( but I did get a voicemail 2 (very long) mins later haha

The caller ID on my phone said “Joel Maurer” and my heart dropped lol. I picked up, said “hello” and then the line cut out :( but I did get a voicemail 2 (very long) mins later haha

Oh wow, those 2 minutes must have felt like an eternity! Happy for you, and hoping more calls roll out soon :) thanks for sharing how it showed up on your phone.

• Care
My toxic trait is checking my MSU CHM Applicant Portal in case if for some reason my phone wasn’t working when Dr. Maurer calls and hoping I get an exciting update there 🫠

My toxic trait is checking my MSU CHM Applicant Portal in case if for some reason my phone wasn’t working when Dr. Maurer calls and hoping I get an exciting update there 🫠
I have been doing that too. The struggle is real.

Has anyone else been R from the WL? I didn’t think they would do this until the end of the month. Now I’m sweating

Has anyone else been R from the WL? I didn’t think they would do this until the end of the month. Now I’m sweating

I’m wondering the same thing. In my mind I figured they would send out all the As and when seats fill then send out the Rs. I got a call earlier today from Lansing and I couldn’t rip my nitrile gloves off quick enough to answer just to hear a sales pitch from a car dealership I spared him what I was thinking and just hung up lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
I also caught the R (IS) on Friday, hoping the people still hanging in there get in! All the best to yall!

• Sad
[mention]havefaithmd22 [/mention] [mention]hopefulindividual_ [/mention] sorry to hear that, and greatly appreciate your willingness to share with us. Wish you both lots of luck! You both made it this far for a reason so keep your head up.

• Care
You guys, I am SHAKING! I just got the call from Dr. Maurer like 15 mins ago, got the acceptance!

IS, this is my number one choice and I’m committing. Interviewed 11/19, Alternate list 12/16

I submitted a LOI, updated activity letter, and additional LoR by another MD first week of April.

I’m pushing out all the positive energy to the rest of you guys still waiting for the call, hang in there!

Reactions: 8 users