2015-2016 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!!!! Got the email about an hour ago! Can't breathe.

Didn't send any LOI's or updates. Interviewed 2/3. Went to UCLA for undergrad as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!!! GOT THE EMAIL A HALF HOUR AGO. ON CLOUD 9!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted too 47 minutes ago!!!! :) :) :)

Sent 2 LOI's. Interviewed in December.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted as well via e-mail. Sent in two LORs and an LOI last month. :) so happy to get into my first choice!

Reactions: 2 users
have any march interviewees been accepted?

Yup. Seeing how there's this many acceptances already, I'm moving on.
Also interviewed in October, did pretty poorly on the MMI so not surprised. Congratulations to all the folks that finally heard back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send out rejection letters? I'd really like the honor of a rejection letter. Would help provide me with some closure and allow me to move on.
Anyone hear back with a rejection letter?

Do they send out rejection letters? I'd really like the honor of a rejection letter. Would help provide me with some closure and allow me to move on.

unfortunately, unless they've changed it up this year, UCLA doesn't send out rejection letters until the entire class has officially matriculated, which is likely mid-late July. i know the wait is terrible, but do know that if you haven't heard back, all of you are still considered for each and every spot that opens up from now until then.

Reactions: 1 user
Trying to understand what the chances are for someone on the waitlist. How does a school not rank its waitlisted applicants? Do they then pick at random? Also, does the waitlist really go all the way up till the first day of class? has that ever been seen before? Thanks

Trying to understand what the chances are for someone on the waitlist. How does a school not rank its waitlisted applicants? Do they then pick at random? Also, does the waitlist really go all the way up till the first day of class? has that ever been seen before? Thanks

Maintaining a waitlist until the 1st day of orientation is not unusual, or unique to this institution. Just to echo what my classmate said, it isn't over until it's over. For now, that means that you are still being considered for admission, so remain hopeful. I know the wait is definitely frustrating, but I am rooting for you all! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Long time lurker, first time poster. Accepted today off of the waitlist! Keep your heads up guys..the list is still moving! ;)

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know if one were to get accepted at this late in the cycle, what are the chances of getting a financial aid package? I understand it is situation dependent but is there still a shot at getting some sort of aid from the school? If so, how generous could it be? Any current students could weigh in on it. Thanks so much!

Does anyone know if one were to get accepted at this late in the cycle, what are the chances of getting a financial aid package? I understand it is situation dependent but is there still a shot at getting some sort of aid from the school? If so, how generous could it be? Any current students could weigh in on it. Thanks so much!

Do you mean merit-based aid? If you mean a financial aid package, in general, then all you would need to do is fill out the forms that are highlighted either on your acceptance letter, or the accepted checklist, and an estimated package will be given to you.

did those recently accepted send letters of intent/interest?

Guys, under "final decision letter", is it supposed to say "decision sent"? thats what it says for me. For some reason, I thought it was supposed to say "letter sent"?

Guys, under "final decision letter", is it supposed to say "decision sent"? thats what it says for me. For some reason, I thought it was supposed to say "letter sent"?
My understanding is that they don't reject until the very end of the cycle, so I'd put my money on an acceptance! They not too long ago re-did the med school's website, it's entirely possible a few minor other things were changed along the way.

Hmm, I just got that too. Fingers crossed for good news.
Also have decision sent. If we all have this I think it's likely a mass rejection, and they would have emailed/called us this late in the cycle if we were being accepted.

Just spoke with a friend who was rejected from DG's waitlist two years ago. Same thing happened, with a physical reject letter and no email.
The finality of it is a bit refreshing!

Decision sent 6/7 as well on my portal. Dang, I was hoping to write a snarky email rejecting them first.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Decision Sent in the portal. Just got the rejection email at 3am. Brutal. This one stings. It's been a long wait, but at least there's some closure at DGSOM.

Decision Sent in the portal. Just got the rejection email at 3am. Brutal. This one stings. It's been a long wait, but at least there's some closure at DGSOM.

+1 minus the sting for me. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

got rejected by email this morning - oh wells, already committed to my top choice, but i'm glad i can let go of dgsom! good luck to everyone!

Rejected, don't think I'll be applying here again. Did not feel genuinely considered

Sorry folks ;( At least you have some closure. I'm still waiting.... got used to the silence I guess!

Is there any hope at all...? I haven't heard back yet. I feel like my file is accumulating dust in the corner as the newer and younger students apply this time around.
:(