2015-2016 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there any hope at all...? I haven't heard back yet. I feel like my file is accumulating dust in the corner as the newer and younger students apply this time around.
:(

Are you an accepted student? or wait listed at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone! i'm applying to DGSOM this cycle and I was wondering if you guys think I could be screened out from receiving a secondary solely because of a 3.44 science gpa?
-deciding whether or not to take an extra year to improve this before applying here
thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone! i'm applying to DGSOM this cycle and I was wondering if you guys think I could be screened out from receiving a secondary solely because of a 3.44 science gpa?
-deciding whether or not to take an extra year to improve this before applying here
thanks!
You would likely not get screened out solely on a 3.4 science GPA...much depends on the rest of your application. BUT, if you can improve your application (GPA and in other areas) by waiting a year, then by all means do so. You should apply with the best application you are capable of. Don't rush things. A good application is better than a fast one. And remember, even with a great application there are no guarantees that any particular school will accept you or even offer you an interview.

What does the rest of your package look like? Overall GPA, MCAT, EC's?

You would likely not get screened out solely on a 3.4 science GPA...much depends on the rest of your application. BUT, if you can improve your application (GPA and in other areas) by waiting a year, then by all means do so. You should apply with the best application you are capable of. Don't rush things. A good application is better than a fast one. And remember, even with a great application there are no guarantees that any particular school will accept you or even offer you an interview.

What does the rest of your package look like? Overall GPA, MCAT, EC's?

Thanks for your reply! (sorry for getting back to you so late)

I have an overall gpa of 3.64 from a top ten, anticipating an mcat around 508-510, ecs: lots of community service, very strong research experience (1st author pub, poster presentations, conferences)
im pretty set on applying this cycle for personal reasons but will be taking a few science courses during summer and fall and will send those grades as updates during the cycle (I believe DGSOM is receptive to updates from what I hear) what do you think?

Just got accepted today!!! can someone link the fb group for class of 2020? :)

Hi SDNers,

My friend got accepted off the WL here on Monday! So I guess it is moving even this late in the game. She interviewed in February or March. UCLA undergrad.

Good luck to you all.

Accepted via phone call from Dr. Hall about an hour ago

Reactions: 8 users