2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted into my home school!! Withdrawing my acceptance. Hoping for good WL movement to those waiting. UCLA is an amazing school and the class seem very welcoming and very nice people. Best of luck to all of you🫡

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just a question for the open: Do you guys think that the CYMS tool delayed WL movement or that ppl are just underreporting online?

Just a question for the open: Do you guys think that the CYMS tool delayed WL movement or that ppl are just underreporting online?

While cyms might be contributing to a delay, looks like there has been a reasonable amount of movement at Geffen. So, it’s unclear if there is actually a delay. Also, I think cyms was fixed last Thursday/Friday?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if there are going to be more movement and when does ucla WL movement usually end?
It's honestly super hard to tell because it's all a matter of how many people getting off the waitlist ultimately choose to commit to UCLA. Anecdotally, WL movement last year went until end of May, and some folks even got offers June and July.

Reactions: 2 users
Wondering if there’s a way to see about how many waitlist offers have been sent out already (beyond SDN stalking haha)? Or if anyone knows approximate numbers…Seems like things have been slowing down recently so wondering if I should officially give up hope lol

Reactions: 1 users
Any movement this week?? Hoping for some more as people decline their offers

Any movement this week?? Hoping for some more as people decline their offers
Yesterday was the deadline for people to respond to the acceptance offer from the waitlist, so hopefully there will be some movement today/early next week, but unsure :/

Reactions: 4 users
we will hear good news this week, i am manifesting it for all of my lovely WL friends <3

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know how we may be able to enhance our chance for merit-based scholarship consideration? Received acceptance 2 weeks ago but have not heard back regarding scholarship

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how we may be able to enhance our chance for merit-based scholarship consideration? Received acceptance 2 weeks ago but have not heard back regarding scholarship

I reached out recently regarding this because my acceptance email said "your application is being considered for merit scholarship", but the dean told me all merit scholarship has been awarded and they have nothing left to offer . But they probably send out a template email to everyone 🫣.

I reached out recently regarding this because my acceptance email said "your application is being considered for merit scholarship", but the dean told me all merit scholarship has been awarded and they have nothing left to offer . But they probably send out a template email to everyone 🫣.

Aww got it, thank you for letting me know!!!

Has anyone heard if there's been any movement recently? Feel like there theoretically should be as people decline their WL offers, but haven't heard anything personally.

Reactions: 3 users
had my hopes up bc a current student said they were regular waitlist and got in may 2.....it's may 17 now....any day ucla...pls

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know how long WL offers are given? I know UCLA's CTE deadline is 6/1 but last year's thread showed people still getting As in June and during my interview, adcoms mentioned that one year, a student got off the WL even on the Friday before orientation in August. The only other school I was accepted to has a CTE deadline of 7/1 but I'm so desperately trying to hold out hope for UCLA o_O

Reactions: 1 users
People who got the travel voucher for 2nd look visit, did you receive reimbursement yet?

does anyone know if the class is full now 😭😭😭😭 will there be more movement

• Sad
does anyone know if the class is full now will there be more movement

Can’t exactly answer your question but 6/1 is the school’s last day to commit to Geffen. So there might be some movement then but that really depends.

Reactions: 2 users
I just ended up PTE’ing elsewhere, so that’ll hopefully open up a spot! Good luck y’all!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just out of curiosity, but has anyone called admissions for a hint of WL position? E.g. did they make past your position last year, are you in top third, etc. How did they respond?

Just out of curiosity, but has anyone called admissions for a hint of WL position? E.g. did they make past your position last year, are you in top third, etc. How did they respond?
They wouldn't say anything when I tried asking

On the CTE deadline, which programs do we need to email to withdraw? Only the ones that show up on the CYMS tool? What about programs who interviewed us but ghosted us after interview without giving any admissions status (A, WL, or R) until now?

On the CTE deadline, which programs do we need to email to withdraw? Only the ones that show up on the CYMS tool? What about programs who interviewed us but ghosted us after interview without giving any admissions status (A, WL, or R) until now?
That's insane @ being ghosted POST interview. Such a lack of courtesy on the school's part.

True! Also i don’t think schools are actually worried about under enrollment with the amount of applicants they have
Yeah, there's like no chance they're worried about that lol

Last edited:
Got the acceptance call yesterday afternoon... So grateful and excited beyond belief 😭

Can anyone add me to the groupme please? tysm, looking forward to it!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Do we think that there will be any more movement in the event some candidates did not CTE on June 1st?

Can I get the group me too 🥹 i got accepted a month ago, I didn't know there was

same concern here!

i am worried because i didn't sign up for the PREview until late , so I am taking it July 14th which means that UCLA will get it Aug 14th-ish , so if i submit my secondaries before that (if i get offered them) then will that mean they wont look at my whole application until Aug14th??
(LM 72.5, OOS)
Hello, did this end up affecting your admission chances?

Hello, did this end up affecting your admission chances?
For me I ended up getting an interview invite in Aug before taking the PREview in Sep. The actual interview was 2 weeks after I took the PREview and I ended up getting waitlisted here.

During second look, the dean said that preview is recommended but isn’t an ultimate determinant in A/R/WL