2014-2015 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II from 7/29. Complete: 7/21. Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Cool trick!
I was having the same issue! On top of that, I just got an email for "Missing Items" and they are missing my secondary and LOR, but it gives me an error saying I already submitted when starting a new app... so I guess we wait then!

Hey all, help -- I submitted my app but forgot to write down the fee waiver email address I'm supposed to send it to, and I can't find it online. Can someone send me the email address? Many thanks in advance!

Good luck applying this cycle everyone!

Hey all, help -- I submitted my app but forgot to write down the fee waiver email address I'm supposed to send it to, and I can't find it online. Can someone send me the email address? Many thanks in advance!

Good luck applying this cycle everyone!
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invitation! Definitely keep checking your status online, because I didn't get an e-mail. If there's an interview invite, you should see a new little blue chat bubble under your Fall 2015 app thing. click it and big congratulations will pop up :)

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invitation! Definitely keep checking your status online, because I didn't get an e-mail. If there's an interview invite, you should see a new little blue chat bubble under your Fall 2015 app thing. click it and big congratulations will pop up :)
This is on the page where it says fall 2015?

This is on the page where it says fall 2015?

It's actually on the main page, but right underneath where it says "Fall 2015". Not the page after you click on Fall 2015 where it has the dates everything was received

Reactions: 2 users
Do any current students know what time the interview day ends? I'm trying to decide if I can make a 5:30 flight out of Syracuse, or if I should be safe and go for a 7 pm flight

Congrats! if you dont mind me asking, what were your stats?

Do any current students know what time the interview day ends? I'm trying to decide if I can make a 5:30 flight out of Syracuse, or if I should be safe and go for a 7 pm flight
I would go with the 7! What day will you be there?

I would go with the 7! What day will you be there?
Yea, better to be safe. And sept 22 (the first Monday I could sign up for). Now I'm trying to decide if I should try for a student host or take advantage of the hotel discounts

Yea, better to be safe. And sept 22 (the first Monday I could sign up for). Now I'm trying to decide if I should try for a student host or take advantage of the hotel discounts
Same day as me ;) see you then!

II IS, not sure when I got it because I haven't received an email but like someone mentioned it states I have an interview on their portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
II IS, not sure when I got it because I haven't received an email but like someone mentioned it states I have an interview on their portal.
If you don't mind me asking have you ever gotten a completed email? when were you marked as complete? Thanks in advance

OOS II, only know because of status checking. I hope it is legit lol. Only seem to have interviews on mondays and wednesdays if that matters to anyone.

OOS II, only know because of status checking. I hope it is legit lol. Only seem to have interviews on mondays and wednesdays if that matters to anyone.

When were u complete and what stats do u have?

How long after LOR, submitted apps and payments were in did people get the confirmation email? If anyone called up to find out the status of their app after how long did you wait to contact them?
Thanks guys and gals

How long after LOR, submitted apps and payments were in did people get the confirmation email? If anyone called up to find out the status of their app after how long did you wait to contact them?
Thanks guys and gals
I didn't get a complete email actually. A day after my secondary was received they emailed me telling me I had missing items. I turned in my secondary a few days after and called them 2 weeks later to confirm my status!

Received an II today. Completed July 23, LizzyM score = 74.5. I didn't receive an email regarding it; I found out by checking the secondary site. I was stressing out about getting invites, but it's nice to know that my application is good enough for SUNY Upstate and hopefully other schools as well. Just hang in there!!

edit: Received the II email an hour later

Last edited:
OOS II on 8/11/14 at 4PM PST.

OOO my first II! OOS, received complete email on 8/1. I'm mad excited!

I didn't get a complete email actually. A day after my secondary was received they emailed me telling me I had missing items. I turned in my secondary a few days after and called them 2 weeks later to confirm my status!
Thanks! I'm shakin' in my boots waiting for all these responses.

Just got an II today!!

IS 3.19 sGPA, 3.21 cGPA, 38 MCAT

Reactions: 1 users
II as well.. Got the email a few hours ago. Happy as a bear paw clam!

@RonaldSwanson you give me hope! I also have low GPA (but my MCAT doesn't compensate as well as yours does haha) - can I ask if you have stellar ECs/recs/other exceptional circumstances?

I just submitted my secondary app and paid for the fee today but I did not receive any email confirming that I completed my sec app.. Is this normal?? Nothing is marked under "status" and "received".

@RonaldSwanson you give me hope! I also have low GPA (but my MCAT doesn't compensate as well as yours does haha) - can I ask if you have stellar ECs/recs/other exceptional circumstances?

Well my undergrad GPA was 2.94 (I had above a 3.0 for my last 5 semesters, when I switched to become an English major), and my post-bacc GPA was 4.00. I have 4000 hours working in the ER, 1000 hours volunteering as an EMT, and 500 hours of research.

Well my undergrad GPA was 2.94 (I had above a 3.0 for my last 5 semesters, when I switched to become an English major), and my post-bacc GPA was 4.00. I have 4000 hours working in the ER, 1000 hours volunteering as an EMT, and 500 hours of research.
thank you :) my GPA is in a similar range to you with a strong upward trend towards senior year. I have strong research (2000+ hours during undergrad, then full time after grad) and acceptable level of clinical experience, but pretty diverse ECs/non-medical volunteering. so here's to hoping! (now just gotta wait for my school's committee letter to complete my file UGH)

Last edited:
Complete 8/1
II 8/11
MCAT: 30, GPA 3.45 (science and cum)
In state (from Syracuse)
Lots of EC/ patient care hours

Anyone have MMI advice?
There is hope for people without a perfect academic record! Good luck.

just got an email telling me that my application is complete and is under evaluation... did any of you guys get this email and how long did it take for them to notify you of an interview request??

I did, ant it took them 12 days (7 days after they downloaded my LoR, even though it was available for a while)

17 days since LOR was loaded, still not marked as complete. My dear state school, we should at least meet and see if we are a good fit. After all, I spent every Xmas appreciating your beautiful winter scene.

Quick question. Does everyone elses application preference say "not entered "?

Mine says entered. You are screwed bro, i'd start panicking....like right now (jk...it says not entered).
Good one. Just askimg because it has a number for other schools who use the same system

II this morning!! So excited!!
As a heads up to others, checked the status update this morning, didn't recieve an email

Last edited:
As a heads up to others, checked the status update this morning, didn't recieve an email

Where is the status update? Is it on the secondary, because I don't see any status on mine.

Also when were you complete/do you mind sharing stats?