2014-2015 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cool trick!
I was having the same issue! On top of that, I just got an email for "Missing Items" and they are missing my secondary and LOR, but it gives me an error saying I already submitted when starting a new app... so I guess we wait then!

Same here, hopefully it will get sorted out today.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought I submitted it, but I got an e-mail and my status only has the fee as "received." I thought maybe it just wasn't complete because of my letters. Does the status say "secondary application received" for you?? It is letting me start a new app...

EDIT: I don't think it's letting me start the new one, actually, so I guess your trick works

Cool trick!
I was having the same issue! On top of that, I just got an email for "Missing Items" and they are missing my secondary and LOR, but it gives me an error saying I already submitted when starting a new app... so I guess we wait then!

At what point did it stop you when you attempted to start a new app? I submitted my secondary last night, but I get to the section with my name and it still hasn't stopped me yet...

I also received the missing items e-mail this morning!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can get to the page, but after filling in that first page of info it'll stop you (it stops you after you hit submit on the first page). Don't worry, if you got an email about payment received when you submitted, likely you did submit everything. I think everyone's getting the email.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else get the email about rural scholarship program? "Strongly suggest you to apply"

Anyone know if biostatistics or psych stats would fulfill their statistics requirement? Or do they want pure math stats?

Update: I checked the status page just now and it says they received the secondary + LORs.

Update: I checked the status page just now and it says they received the secondary + LORs.

I just received an email stating that my file is complete and will now be reviewed by the committee! Gl everyone, keeping my fingers crossed :).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No secondary for me yet, IS

Begging for secondary questions here...

I just received an email stating that my file is complete and will now be reviewed by the committee! Gl everyone, keeping my fingers crossed :).

Did anyone else get an email like this?

While I was completing the secondary, it said if I got FAP, I'd need to email my approval to an address to get the secondary fee waived. (Chicago has the same process) I thought I'd come back and read that address once I finish the application, but it doesn't allow me to go back.
I called the admission office to confirm the email address and the lady on the phone does not really know about FAP and she was utterly confused as to why I don't go talk to AAMC about FAP. Even after I explained to her, she still sounded that she doesn't really see the point...I don't know...:eyebrow:

They haven't uploaded my letters yet. Anyone else having similar problems? I'm getting anxious. And hungry.

While I was completing the secondary, it said if I got FAP, I'd need to email my approval to an address to get the secondary fee waived. (Chicago has the same process) I thought I'd come back and read that address once I finish the application, but it doesn't allow me to go back.
I called the admission office to confirm the email address and the lady on the phone does not really know about FAP and she was utterly confused as to why I don't go talk to AAMC about FAP. Even after I explained to her, she still sounded that she doesn't really see the point...I don't know...:eyebrow:

[EMAIL='[email protected]'][email protected]

Be at peace.[/EMAIL]

Update: Received a complete email today.

Reactions: 1 users
Received secondary on the 16th and sent an e-mail regarding some questions for my prerequisite courses before I submit... but still haven't heard back from them yet. I called and they said they've been backlogged on e-mails. Should I submit anyway? It's soon to hit that "2 week threshold" and I hate delaying such a simple secondary with few essays..

I am guessing there are no essays for this secondary? Can someone confirm? Thanks!

I didn't get such email. I mean, not yet...come on, I already have a place to stay for four years near syracuse.

Submitted on the 22nd and still no complete email...

Submitted my application but it didn't ask for a secondary app fee. Got an e-mail recently asking me to check my application to see what items are missing from it. So I checked it, and it said that the payment hasn't been received. I know for sure that it didn't ask for payment because I didn't write down that I've paid for it. I can't start a new application either... What should I do???

Submitted my application but it didn't ask for a secondary app fee. Got an e-mail recently asking me to check my application to see what items are missing from it. So I checked it, and it said that the payment hasn't been received. I know for sure that it didn't ask for payment because I didn't write down that I've paid for it. I can't start a new application either... What should I do???
Click the link that says "Contact us if you have questions."

Just wanted to add that upstate has begun sending out IIs. Received mine on the 29th of July by email, IS applicant

Reactions: 4 users
received the App is Complete email today

GUYS PLEASE CHECK YOUR STATUS VIA THEIR PAGE!!!!

I just checked and found my II

I had an outstanding II from 3 days ago, I was not email notified!

Super excited for this one in my backyard!!!!

Reactions: 5 users

Congrats! How do you check it? Is it on the page where it says the dates your LORs were received?

That's awesome! Would you mind tell us the date of your secondary completion? Is it on the page it says Application Summary where you see the II?

Congrats! how do you check the status of your app? i just see the application summary.

Right when you sign in to the secondary page log in portal, scroll to the bottom where it shows your submitted file. The "Congratulations you've been selected for an interview" is in big bold with links to sign up.

And my secondary was compete 7/18

Did it work out? I had to call stony brook for my secondary, some email accounts just don't work well with their system maybe.

Yea they claimed ive been emailed twice. I got the information over the phone though, wish I called sooner. I had a wierd thing with ezpass where I couldn't get their emails so maybe its just not compatible with their system like you said.

Right when you sign in to the secondary page log in portal, scroll to the bottom where it shows your submitted file. The "Congratulations you've been selected for an interview" is in big bold with links to sign up.

And my secondary was compete 7/18
That's a pretty quick turnaround. Thanks for the info. Again, congrats!

I just got a secondary I have a 26 MCAT (9BS. 7VR, 10PS) 240h nursing home, 140h shadowing, in a research job now. Im not a URM or in state. Think I have a shot?