2014-2015 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same, accepted earlier today. Already at the bar lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I guess I'm rejected.. I didn't get anything in e-mail, I interviewed in early Nov, but people who did December interview got the decision.. :( Did you guys get the email today morning?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I guess I'm rejected.. I didn't get anything in e-mail, I interviewed in early Nov, but people who did December interview got the decision.. :(
Not necessarily! It has been widely speculated that a large portion of the entering class is admitted in March, meaning there is still hope! Not to mention last year they took 60 off the wait-list..

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all of those who have decided to join GRU's Class of 2019 and good luck to all of those who are still waiting to hear some news!

My name is Natascha Solomon. I am an almost 23 year old female presently in the GRU College of Dental Medicine Class of 2018. I am looking for a female roommate for Fall 2015.

Overall, I am a studious, down-to-earth girl. I enjoy working-out and spending time outdoors whenever time permits. I am a non-smoker, very organized, and clean individual. I’m looking for someone with similar attributes. I am currently living at Brigham Woods on the top floor in a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom apartment. It is only a 10-15 minute drive to school. The apartment and its complex feel very tranquil after the daily stresses of a dental student. It has a very nice gym, pool, and car wash station with vacuum. Ultimately, it has great amenities and extremely helpful employees. It is a very secure location as it is a gated community, and it has 24-hour emergency maintenance. It is located near some of the newest shopping centers that Augusta has to offer. The following is a link describing my apartment community at greater length: http://www.brighamwoodsapts.com/

If you are interested in having me as your roommate, then please feel free to call or text me at the following number: 678-763-3117.

Once again, Good Luck!!! :)

Accepted around 4:30PM today! Interviewed on 11/3
Congrats to everyone who got accepted & good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted at 4:30pm today in the locker room, people had no idea why I was freaking out!
GPA 3.89, MCAT 28, interviewed October 30th.

Reactions: 2 users
Usually a lurker but I thought I would contribute to the convo. Congrats to those accepted today! I interviewed 10/8 and still waiting. Hoping they don't decide that I need to see how next cycle goes. Numbers are fine, ECs are well-rounded. I struggle with interviews and I'm afraid that may have gotten me this time.

So... That Facebook page so we can be real people now?? Haha

Reactions: 5 users
Usually a lurker but I thought I would contribute to the convo. Congrats to those accepted today! I interviewed 10/8 and still waiting. Hoping they don't decide that I need to see how next cycle goes. Numbers are fine, ECs are well-rounded. I struggle with interviews and I'm afraid that may have gotten me this time.
I also interviewed on 10/8. Keep the faith! We will make it in!

So can any student just make a facebook page?? Congrats to those who are in! Can't wait to meet you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview early Oct OOS accepted yesterday.

Yea, I interviewed 10/16 and no response while people who have interviewed past me are getting in. Anyone with a 31+ mcat score in this same scenario?

Yea, I interviewed 10/16 and no response while people who have interviewed past me are getting in. Anyone with a 31+ mcat score in this same scenario?
Was in your position last year. Interviewed 9/18 MCAT 33, eventually wait listed, but I had poor EC that time

how long did it take the last wave of acceptances to receive their campus assignment?

I'm guessing II's are pretty much finished now? Anyone know? Too bad they don't take updates after the secondary deadline.

I don't think so my friend got one yesterday and I just got one today. They have interviews open whole last week of feb sooo there's still hope!

Just a reminder...for those anxiously waiting to hear, acceptances will continue for MONTHS. It is a monster class @ 230, although a state with 10 million people might normally have 2 public medical schools (which explains the need for an unusually large class). By May, a number of cancelled acceptances will come in as people accepted back as early as October get WL offers from schools like BCM, for example. MCG has readily noted in the past to applicants that a good percentage of its matriculants are accepted from its WL. When you get into Anatomy, nobody will know whether you were accepted back in October or not until May, or even June...you will simply be an MS1 on your way to becoming a doctor. Keep the faith...and good luck! :) :luck:

I don't think so my friend got one yesterday and I just got one today. They have interviews open whole last week of feb sooo there's still hope!
Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete?! Anxiously waiting for ii here, haha

That's awesome! I thought it was over. Congrats to you! Do you also mind sharing stats?

Gah finished my secondary I think end of September. But was waiting for my new mcat. 3.6 29

Hey, congrats! Knock it out of the park. :banana:

Thanks my fellow bulldawg!

Same here. Got an II on Wednesday afternoon. Will be interviewing next week. Don't give up hope. Last year, I got an invite to interview at another school in late March. Interviewed April 2nd there and never made it off the waitlist. There's still movement this time of year at many schools.

Can anyone speak to the interview style here?

there is two 30 minutes interviews with admissions committee member. one is open-file and the other is closed file interview. there are 28 admissions committee members and the two of interviewers will be your advocate at the admissions committee meeting. You need 15 yes votes from the members to get an outright acceptance. Your job is to impress the heck out of the interviewers, so that they can speak highly of you during the admissions meeting. Keep in mind that other ad.com. members will vouch for the person that they have interviewed.

Has any accepted students received their student ID yet? If so, when were you accepted?

Got my email today! I'm officially going! I've been creeping all over the curriculum pages and adding all the texts to an amazon wishlist and researching how the **** to memorize all this **** and what exactly happens during third and fourth years seems really fuzzy and we have to do this application **** all over again for residency and omg Step 1, 2, 2 and a half, and 3?! I just.. I'm SO EXCITED YA'LL NO ONE UNDERSTANDS. BE WITH ME

Oh wah it deleted all my cursing. I like cursing.

Reactions: 1 users
Got my email today! I'm officially going! I've been creeping all over the curriculum pages and adding all the texts to an amazon wishlist and researching how the **** to memorize all this **** and what exactly happens during third and fourth years seems really fuzzy and we have to do this application **** all over again for residency and omg Step 1, 2, 2 and a half, and 3?! I just.. I'm SO EXCITED YA'LL NO ONE UNDERSTANDS. BE WITH ME

ME UNDERSTAND! But haven't got my ID or student email yet... :(

So I sent in my deposit and signed acceptance letter to MCG last week. I got the confirmation email saying that they got it.
So what happens next? (like I know I will be assigned to a campus, etc.)

Could someone help me come up with a brief timeline? like when to take out the loans (yay... loans), look for housing, etc.

Thanks so much in advance and have a great day!

Is the second look thing in Augusta worth it if I'm going to the Athens campus?

Is the second look thing in Augusta worth it if I'm going to the Athens campus?

It might be worth it to check out the Harrison education commons if you weren't able to do so during your original tour.

Hey just wondering... So if our interview date has passed and we have seen other people at that date or after that have been accepted does this most likely mean we will find our status yes, no, or waitlisted in May? Does anyone know? I am trying to calm my nerves and stop jumping at every mail alert I get... I was assuming these upcoming February, March, and April meetings would be to be to review these last interviews that are getting interviews in February/March?

What is the second look thing? I've been meaning to go see the new commons with the SO

Does anybody know when the last batch of interviews goes out/ have they already been sent out?

So I sent in my deposit and signed acceptance letter to MCG last week. I got the confirmation email saying that they got it.

Could someone help me come up with a brief timeline? like when to take out the loans (yay... loans), look for housing, etc.

Interviewed 12/2. Accepted 2/4. Lizzy ~ 70. In-state.

Also looking for guidance on what to do after acceptance. I will be sending transcripts and working on immunization stuff for now. But I am also looking for information regarding off-campus housing, financial aid/loans and resources for underclassmen interact with upperclassmen about their experience.

I am guessing we won't receive information regarding student IDs until later around May-ish when everyone decides where they are heading.

Posting mainly for therapeutic reasons. Just wondering if anyone knows when they send out notifications if you have been wait-listed or not. I heard it was around April.

Stats: 3.93, 35
In state, interviewed on 10/24

Posting mainly for therapeutic reasons. Just wondering if anyone knows when they send out notifications if you have been wait-listed or not. I heard it was around April.

Last year I got mine around April...

So I was accepted in Nov. And like you I've kinda been wondering what all I need to do. I finished FAFSA, got all my immunization titers done (haven't submitted it yet bc the TB test has to be 90 days prior to the start of school and it was too early). I haven't started housing yet or loans (besides a fafsa bc I'm waiting on fin aid options like stafford or grad plus which comes through the office of fin aid. They don't start any of that til way later so I think we are just supposed to hang tight

I got waitlisted last year on April 2nd. Don't give up if you haven't heard yet.
I have a friend with a 35MCAT and some awesome GPA who got waitlisted last year but got in early May, but decided to go to a different school instead.

Does anyone happen to know or have a guess when the Harrison scholars will be chosen?

I heard MCG is moving to P/F for both pre-clinical years. Can anyone corroborate ? I think right now only the first year is P/F and the second year is graded?

Also, does anyone know if MCG ranks internally or not?

I heard MCG is moving to P/F for both pre-clinical years. Can anyone corroborate ? I think right now only the first year is P/F and the second year is graded?

Also, does anyone know if MCG ranks internally or not?
I asked if they were planning to do second year as P/F during my interview, and I was told that they were unsure. Whether that means that they aren't changing or that they're considering it and admissions isn't told, I'm not really sure.