2014-2015 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I asked if they were planning to do second year as P/F during my interview, and I was told that they were unsure. Whether that means that they aren't changing or that they're considering it and admissions isn't told, I'm not really sure.

Thanks for the information! I think this change would involve the curriculum office instead of admissions. Did you hear anything about MCG ranking internally?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the information! I think this change would involve the curriculum office instead of admissions. Did you hear anything about MCG ranking internally?
Just asked one of my friends who's a first year and she said that there's no internal ranking

Where did y'all have your immunization titer test done?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm getting the idea that they actually send mass acceptances around March? Or is that simple when they notify if you've been waitlisted? If I interviewed 10/16, do I actually have a chance at acceptance if I haven't heard back? I don't like false hope, but I also don't really mind applying again next year.

So I'm getting the idea that they actually send mass acceptances around March? Or is that simple when they notify if you've been waitlisted? If I interviewed 10/16, do I actually have a chance at acceptance if I haven't heard back? I don't like false hope, but I also don't really mind applying again next year.
I"m sure many people are in this situation, so if anybody knows, let us know! :)

I'm sure you still have a chance for acceptance. Plus, they pull up quite a few from waitlist. But its always good to have backup plan if you don't get in. I would start identify the weak points in your application.

Is there even a Second Look Day for MCG?

Last edited:
Is there even a Second Look Day for MCG? During the interview day the admission staff that was doing the introduction didn't even know what that was when asked. She also kept calling simulation patient robots "cadavers". By the way, I was told from a first year student that only nursing students use the simulation dummies and it is not part of the medical school curriculum. This is kind of a bummer.

Yeah they sent out an email, I think it said its March 27th.

Is there even a Second Look Day for MCG? During the interview day the admission staff that was doing the introduction didn't even know what that was when asked. She also kept calling simulation patient robots "cadavers". By the way, I was told from a first year student that only nursing students use the simulation dummies and it is not part of the medical school curriculum. This is kind of a bummer.

There is a second look, there's two actually. (odd that some of the admission staff didn't know that, I wouldn't worry too much about that bud) One is catered more towards minority students and the other is a more general one for everybody else who got accepted. And trust me, whether you use the dummies or not, I'm sure all the other experiences/education/a million and one resources/etc you receive from this institution will prepare you to be the physician your patients will need you to be. If you are seriously concerned about not being taught via simulation dummies I don't really know what to tell you.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think having the dummies for medical students won't make a difference in terms of education but it would have been nice to work with it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiousity, about how long did it take you guys to get a campus assignment after you got accepted?

Out of curiousity, about how long did it take you guys to get a campus assignment after you got accepted?

I was accepted in December and received my campus assignment in January. It is my understanding that they assign campuses in huge waves. So people who were accepted way before me got their campus assignments the same day I did.

Has anyone who interviewed on or after 12/10/14 heard anything??

I interviewed 12/18 and it's been radio silence.

I interviewed 12/18 and it's been radio silence.
Hey, I interviewed 10/16 and its been quiet as well. Want some advice? Live your life. We are very young and we have a whole future ahead of ourselves. If you don't get in, you don't get in. I'd say go and ask out that girl you had a crush on!

Withdrew after an II today. There are two dates left. Best of luck to all of those who are waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
when is the regular (non-urm) second look day?

received my GRU Jag ID & campus email address today

Not for the Harrison. You are automatically considered for half if you are above a 34 mcat and full above a 35

Also, I would think they would finish deciding most of the acceptances before they consider scholarships but that is just a guess

Last edited:
Randomly received an email about checking out the FAQs and stated that they hope that I will find it helpful as I review my file and prepare for possible reapplication.

Then at the end they said "We appreciate your interest in the Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University and wish you well in the future."

Wasn't a formal rejection but it seems like I was rejected, oh well. Complete in July, OOS, LizzyM<70. Congrats to everyone accepted here and good luck with your futures!

Not for the Harrison. You are automatically considered for half if you are above a 34 mcat and full above a 35

Also, I would think they would finish deciding most of the acceptances before they consider scholarships but that is just a guess
How do you know this?

rejected pre-II. the "FAQ and tips for preparing for re-application" e-mail came about five minutes before the e-mail actually telling me I've been rejected. Nice.

How do you know this?

How do I know which part?

I'm going to assume you mean mcat cut offs? My interviewer told me that as long as you are accepted and meet those requirements, you are considered. I'm going to guess you have to fill out the fafsa as well. He also acted like my interview would be considered for the scholarship too

Last edited:
Anyone going to the MCG revisit day on 3/18?

I will, it's during my spring break. I'm wondering if it's worth going if I'm trying to go to the Athens campus? I guess there is always the chance I get placed in Augusta...

I will, it's during my spring break. I'm wondering if it's worth going if I'm trying to go to the Athens campus? I guess there is always the chance I get placed in Augusta...

Do you know when you find out about your campus assignment? Idk about mine yet

Anyone know if they send out acceptances in bunches or is it random?

Do you know when you find out about your campus assignment? Idk about mine yet

Idk man, the last set of acceptances found out about 1 month after they got accepted. Wonder if they'll be the same for us or wait until the next set of acceptances.

Anyone know when the next set of decisions will go out?

I replied the day before the deadline and didn't get a response.

They haven't been replying my emails recently for some reasons.
They asked me some info on my residency and never got back to me

I must admit I have not had the best experience with the way the MCG admissions office handles things.

I mailed my acceptance forms and money deposit one week prior to my two week deadline. It was confirmed to have arrived at the office 5 days before my deadline and yet I did not receive any indication of receipt from the admissions office until 5 days AFTER my deadline. And this was after calling the office every single day.

On a side note, is anyone living on campus?

Anyone know when the next set of decisions will go out?
They were supposed to have already met earlier in the week. Based on the emails that went out in the middle of the week, I'm hoping that the decisions for the March acceptances/waitlists will go out next week.

What e-mails went out last week? Also, does anybody know if MCG tells you where you are on the wait list if you're on it?

As someone who has been on the MCG waitlist for two years and likely a third, I can confirm that the two years prior they do not provide you with a number of where you rank.

Anyone knows if there is financial aid package to fill out for MCG?