2014-2015 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I submitted my application Nov. 1st, my secondary December 1st, and interviewed on Feb 6th and haven't heard anything as of yet. Does anyone know about how long it has been taking to send out acceptances/rejections? Has anyone from the Feb interview dates heard anything? I saw someone wrote that people where hearing back about a month later now is that still the case?

Hey, I submitted my application Nov. 1st, my secondary December 1st, and interviewed on Feb 6th and haven't heard anything as of yet. Does anyone know about how long it has been taking to send out acceptances/rejections? Has anyone from the Feb interview dates heard anything? I saw someone wrote that people where hearing back about a month later now is that still the case?
I interviewed a few weeks before you, and I just called the office earlier today. They said that some of their meetings had been cancelled so they were running behind, but that they met yesterday and are meeting today. I wasn't told whether they'd be releasing more decisions anytime soon though, just that it could be anywhere between now and April 15.

I interviewed a few weeks before you, and I just called the office earlier today. They said that some of their meetings had been cancelled so they were running behind, but that they met yesterday and are meeting today. I wasn't told whether they'd be releasing more decisions anytime soon though, just that it could be anywhere between now and April 15.

According to last year's thread, this sounds pretty accurate. I believe everyone should receive a verdict (i.e. accepted, rejected or waitlisted) by April 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Recieved my acceptance email this morning!! In state, interviewed Feb. 6th.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who interviewed late February receive an acceptance email this morning? Congrats to everyone who did!

Just got accepted! OOS interviewed mid-January.

Interviewed January 30th . . . Still no word. I thought I had amazing interviews. 32 MCAT and 3.9 G.P.A. MCG is my top choice. Feeling really discouraged right now :(

I've been lurking on here for a while. I interviewed 2/23, accepted today, and its at the top of my list. I can finally sleep easy!

Waitlisted today! Keep the faith everyone :)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if MCG typically has a lot of people getting in off the wait list?

The email was a bit confusing. Does accepting an offer off the waitlist binding, like I have to go to MCG?

Edit: I meaning if I have other offers and I am removed off the wait list, do I still get to weigh my options or at least have time to wait for a financial aid package before finally deciding on MCG?

Same question about accepting a position on the alternate list. are other admissions acceptances void if we accept the invitation off the alternate list or do we still have a choice?

Hey,

When you all accepted your spot on the alternate list. Were you asked to say yes or no to the regional clinical campuses as well? Mine says I said yes, but I do not remember clicking that and I want to make sure it was yes to the right thing.

Hey,

When you all accepted your spot on the alternate list. Were you asked to say yes or no to the regional clinical campuses as well? Mine says I said yes, but I do not remember clicking that and I want to make sure it was yes to the right thing.
Mine automatically went to no, lol. I didn't see a question actually asking if we were interested in the clinical campuses though...it brought it up in the email and then after I chose yes to the alternate list it defaulted me to no.

Hey,

Mine automatically said yes too!

I guess we'll have to wait until Monday to get some clarification with admissions

Mine automatically went to no, lol. I didn't see a question actually asking if we were interested in the clinical campuses though...it brought it up in the email and then after I chose yes to the alternate list it defaulted me to no.
Did you choose no on your original application? There was a question on there asking if you would consider going to a regional campus 3rd and 4th year. Idk maybe that is it. Everyone that was waitlisted, keep the faith! MCG moves a lot of people off of the waitlist according to my first year friend :)

Reactions: 1 users
That's probably correct. It's pretty much the same paragraph at the bottom of the email that is on the secondary.

Joining the waitlist party. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst over here. Honestly not sure how I would show "improvement" if I need to reapply. 32 MCAT 3.8 GPA. Shadowing in lots of healthcare settings and well-rounded ECs. Positive physician letter. Can any successful reapplicants offer some wisdom on whether simply having a better interview will improve your chances significantly? I thought my interviews went well but everyone says that and I have a history of not gaining acceptance where an interview is involved.

Does anyone know if all applicants are placed on the alternate list post interview if not accepted? Or are people really rejected as well, and the alternate list is a bit smaller? Just wondering if there is any real hope to getting pulled off the list...

I have never seen a post interview rejection. I think it's either accepted or alternate list. A lot of people will potentially come off, but no one knows where they fall on the list

I can confirm that they do issue rejections, at least this year. Rejected 3-3, waitlisted last year.

Waitlisted again as of yesterday.

This is my third time on the waitlist at MCG.

I interviewed March 2 this year.

I have never seen a post interview rejection. I think it's either accepted or alternate list. A lot of people will potentially come off, but no one knows where they fall on the list

I'd never heard of a post-rejection interview from MCG either until today.

Did you choose no on your original application? There was a question on there asking if you would consider going to a regional campus 3rd and 4th year. Idk maybe that is it. Everyone that was waitlisted, keep the faith! MCG moves a lot of people off of the waitlist according to my first year friend :)

Yes, they move people off the waitlist, but how many is hard to say. This is my third time on the waitlist which is killing me as MCG has been my top choice for a few years and I redefined the word "excited" when they finally opened the Equality Clinic.

I told one of my letter writers that next year, I am going to just email MCG and tell them they can save themselves some time (and me some money) and put me directly on the waitlist without interview.

Forgive me if this has been answered, but how important is the second look? Is it worth missing a whole day of classes and the trip to Augusta?