2013-2014 Louisiana State University - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats y'all!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all of the acceptances today! I too received my acceptance letter. Interviewed Dec 4th, NFA letter Dec 21st, accepted today. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Good luck to those still waiting for the mail!​

Reactions: 1 users
Serious question.

Who else wears their new hat every chance they get?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know for sure whether status letters are mailed out after every adcom meeting (i.e. still NFA)? I see there are mixed opinions on the thread regarding this. I interviewed in December, received a NFA on 2/4, and still haven't received a letter after the 2/7 adcom meeting. Stalking the mailman everyday is getting a little old...

Interview tomorrow. Please, diety, whatever you are. Help me. Help meeeeeeee.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know for sure whether status letters are mailed out after every adcom meeting (i.e. still NFA)? I see there are mixed opinions on the thread regarding this. I interviewed in December, received a NFA on 2/4, and still haven't received a letter after the 2/7 adcom meeting. Stalking the mailman everyday is getting a little old...
Yeah, they'll send you a letter even if they didn't change your status. 100% positive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! Could someone post the link to the class of 2018 Facebook group? I searched but I couldn't find it :/

Took some searching but I found the Facebook group. Let me know if the hyperlink doesn't work. I look forwarding to meeting all of you!

Took some searching but I found the Facebook group. Let me know if the hyperlink doesn't work. I look forwarding to meeting all of you!
You might want to email the L1 rep and let her know that the search string she sent out doesn't really work and supply her with whatever you did to find the group.

Congrats!!! Odd question though...how did you get mail today, since it is President's day? Does that not affect mail delivery in Louisiana?

Nah, I'm currently living in Chicago so it took longer to get here and had probably already arrived over the weekend when I didn't check.

I had previously thought that adcomm letters were not mailed out after every meeting but I was incorrect. They most definitely are mailed out.

Yeah, they'll send you a letter even if they didn't change your status. 100% positive.
Yes, they send you a ltter. I had previously thought they did not, but in fact, they do.

I interview on Tuesday. Im feeling prepared after attending their mock interview.

We had it at our school also. Unfortunately, it was after I had already interviewed.

I know...which didn't really make sense since my school is mostly out of state residents. But, from what I hear, it was helpful

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! It went great. Hoping for the best of the three letters!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! It went great. Hoping for the best of the three letters!
If you attend a La. school, are from La., and have decent gpa, mcat etc., you are almost a shoe-in.

I have a 2br 2 ba apt in uptown New Orleans 3 blocks from the park I am looking to share with a roommate. It is 825 per person a month. Shoot me a message if interested in some pictures.

Any tips? I interview the week after Mardi Gras
Not much to worry about. They always ask what you think professionalism means. When they ask what you like to do for fun avoid saying "pulling the wings off of flies and abusing small animals". Apparently they aren't cool with that.

Any tips? I interview the week after Mardi Gras
Most everyone interviewing is highly academic and capable of getting in. One thing often not portrayed by smart and ambitious individuals at an interview is capacity for compassion/being humble ( your stats and app already show your achievements) and your wish to help your colleagues out while working together for 4 years. In addition, show your willingness to also help the faculty ( maybe in the past you volunteered for a project a prof was conducting etc). You will bring a side of yourself that is not only academically excellent but you can show traits that indicate your success in practicing medicine ( teamwork, cooperation, compassion, selflessness).

As of today, it has been a full month since Certiphi began my background check. I have misdemeanors on my record, so I'm assuming that's why it's taking longer than normal (they have to verify everything that shows up on the report). If anybody else has been through a Certiphi background check with a blemished record, would you mind letting me know how long your background check took? PM is fine if you don't want to post it here. Thanks!

The last advocacy meeting was last Friday, right? Does anyone know when they will send out notifications?
Also, I was just a bit unclear about their meeting schedule; do they have advocacy meetings every 3 weeks and then send out status updates the following week?

The last advocacy meeting was last Friday, right? Does anyone know when they will send out notifications?
Also, I was just a bit unclear about their meeting schedule; do they have advocacy meetings every 3 weeks and then send out status updates the following week?

I'm still somewhat unclear about this, but it seemed to me Dr. Eubanks made a distinction between adcom and advocacy meetings.

Adcom meetings happen every three weeks, and they involve recent interviewees. Advocacy meetings are infrequent, maybe 2x per year, and those are for the people who aren't accepted or rejected during the adcom meetings.

I don't know who's party to the adcom meetings, but the advocacy meetings include one of your interviewers who is assigned as your advocate, as well as the rest of the admissions panel.

Edit: P.S. I also recall Eubanks mentioning letters being sent out the week after each adcom meeting, which means this week for anyone who has recently interviewed. Mardi Gras might delay the delivery, however.

Which reminds me: Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

Last edited:
For anyone recently accepted, has your deposit cleared yet? I literally hand delivered mine the day after I got my acceptance letter hah and received an email confirmation of deposit from the admissions office. However my check hasn't cleared yet and it's been a good 3 weeks almost.

II today! Scheduled for middle of March.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

For some reason it's saying "This content is currently unavailable"?...