2021-2022 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
based on all of this, im assuming if the choose your med school tool hasn't popped up and they haven't called/emailed, I should expect a rejection next week via the mail?

Members don't see this ad.

based on all of this, im assuming if the choose your med school tool hasn't popped up and they haven't called/emailed, I should expect a rejection next week via the mail?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the CYMS tool only pops up if you have at least one MD acceptance. So dont give up hope for a waitlist/ possible acceptance just yet! @inwantstobeadoctor do you have an acceptance elsewhere or is the tool popping up for you with just the waitlist?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the CYMS tool only pops up if you have at least one MD acceptance. So dont give up hope for a waitlist/ possible acceptance just yet! @inwantstobeadoctor do you have an acceptance elsewhere or is the tool popping up for you with just the waitlist?
No I just received an acceptance elsewhere like 2 days ago so I'm new to this choose your med school tool. I''m sorry for freaking people out!! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely not! I'm sorry for giving out that notion with my previous comment! So not my intention 😣

• Care
I deleted my previous comment. I totally didn't intend to cause any additional anxiety or start a specific narrative

the Choose your medical school only shows up if you've been accepted to at least 1 MD school

My guess is that if you haven't gotten a phone call from LSU you can still get in but it'll probably be a waitlist or a rejection letter in the mail. Just my thoughts but I could be wrong

Reactions: 1 users
also the Facebook group is at 197 members now so take that as you will..

It says no new members added but went up 15. To me that means people finally decided to accept their LSUNOLA acceptance. That being said Im sure some of us will be getting the calls next week but its time to start thinking of reapps. :( Second cycle depression.

• Care
I have a letter coming tomorrow…. But since I haven’t gotten a phone call or email imma assume it’s waitlist or rejection…. Curse words curse words curse words

• Haha
I have a letter coming tomorrow…. But since I haven’t gotten a phone call or email imma assume it’s waitlist or rejection…. Curse words curse words curse words
No letter in my informed delivery, but you never know. Do you live in Nola?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also live in Nola and still don't see the letter in my informed delivery.

One of my friends who got in ED told me that they are filling spots rn and it's possible that we could hear back sometime soon.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Opened my letter. Placed on the prioritized alternative list and advised to think about applying again

• Care
Opened my letter. Placed on the prioritized alternative list and advised to think about applying again
Its possible that the people who didn't get that letter will be straight up rejected. I'll let you guys know if I get hit with an R

Its possible that the people who didn't get that letter will be straight up rejected. I'll let you guys know if I get hit with an R
That's true but it seems like no one else has gotten a letter yet/ seen a letter coming yet. So I think that means they can still get an email/call.

I don’t get if they advise to apply again why they don’t just reject. I’m glad you still have a chance (im criticizing their process)
same I just wish they were more transparent and efficient with this. Like they should let everyone know their final decision asap

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I don’t get if they advise to apply again why they don’t just reject. I’m glad you still have a chance (im criticizing their process)
Idk but it totally sucks. All of it sucks. Us waitlisted. Those rejected. Those with no word yet and left twiddling thumbs. Idk I’m over it

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
still nothing in informed delivery for me. honestly I just wish we all had answers right now, being in limbo is so frustrating.

• Care
Just got the A off the waitlist! Was via phone call. Also just received my WL letter yesterday.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Nothing again today in informed delivery. Has anyone called recently to ask about the status of letters being mailed? I live in New Orleans, so I'm getting a bit worried that I haven't received news yet.

Nothing again today in informed delivery. Has anyone called recently to ask about the status of letters being mailed? I live in New Orleans, so I'm getting a bit worried that I haven't received news yet.
nola based as well, I did not call them but I am mentally preparing myself for the R at this point and sadly a second application cycle! It seems based on this forum that waitlist spots were given out early in the week, I guess anything could happen still but I know that as time goes on the chances of getting in become smaller.

nola based as well, I did not call them but I am mentally preparing myself for the R at this point and sadly a second application cycle! It seems based on this forum that waitlist spots were given out early in the week, I guess anything could happen still but I know that as time goes on the chances of getting in become smaller.
yeah to me they had a full class and they give waitlist spots equal to the amount that have not committed. The rest of us are probably going to receive a second wave of Rs.

They did say “late the following week” so I’d wait until after Friday to call

"Otherwise we will be in touch regarding your status next month. Please make sure your preferred address and email are up to date." They also did say this. They might have meant just the beginning of May, but its not too clear.

Same letter coming in informed delivery today. I'm out of town tho so I won't be able to read it until tomorrow but I am already expecting bad news.

now is when we ask ourselves why were we so eager to have something pop up in our informed delivery even when we are expecting an R

Congrats to all the As! You guys pretty much passed the hardest obstacle for your future careers. As for the Rs, I relate to you guys a lot more; the cycle… the slow response … and the last minute punchline are all very exhausting. Just know that they’ll remember you in the next run even though it does not feel like that right now. No one is entitled to invalidate you from being a physician. And when you come back, they will be impressed by your resilience. Just keep focusing on your side hustles; it’ll distract you from the callous nature of these cycles but also strengthen you… on paper and real life.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users