2013-2014 Louisiana State University - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Live in New Orleans area. Second day with no letter in mail (since people have started getting letters).
Any significance or is mail just being delivered by horseback?
I live in NOLA...got letter Friday.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't received a letter. Anyone else in the same boat?

I still haven't received a letter. Anyone else in the same boat?

Got a prioritized alternate list letter in the mail yesterday. Dated 5/27. I'm in BR. Hope that helps

I got the same prioritized alternate letter! Wonder how many people got it because I know atleast four of my friends did!

Placed on the alternate list also. Do we know a ball park of how many usually come in off the list? I hear it just varies.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who's done the 3 steps on the financial aid website heard anything back from that? I received a few confirmation emails from the various parties involved but I haven't' heard anything from LSU-SOM since then (March/April).

Has anyone who's done the 3 steps on the financial aid website heard anything back from that? I received a few confirmation emails from the various parties involved but I haven't' heard anything from LSU-SOM since then (March/April).

I just called and was told that they haven't started processing freshman yet...

Reactions: 1 users
no one has posted on here in a while... did anyone get in off the waitlist yet?

Am I the only one who still can't get into the facebook group? If I need to be invited, can somebody add me or something?

Last week, I had my informational interview with the Admissions office. When asked about my plans for the upcoming year, I said that I was preparing to apply again but currently on the wait list. With that, the administrator said to take a look at this letter and see if that changes my plans for the upcoming year. He handed me the acceptance letter! He said that the movement on the wait list had been very slow this year, but a spot became available just last week. I am only posting this to give hope to current and future SDN'ers/pre-meds that question the movement on wait lists. Keep up with the hard work, because if this is your passion, it will happen for you. This was my second year in applying to LSU New Orleans, and I'm really honored to be given this opportunity to pursue my passion. Best of luck to everyone in pursuit of their dreams!

Reactions: 4 users
Last week, I had my informational interview with the Admissions office. When asked about my plans for the upcoming year, I said that I was preparing to apply again but currently on the wait list. With that, the administrator said to take a look at this letter and see if that changes my plans for the upcoming year. He handed me the acceptance letter! He said that the movement on the wait list had been very slow this year, but a spot became available just last week. I am only posting this to give hope to current and future SDN'ers/pre-meds that question the movement on wait lists. Keep up with the hard work, because if this is your passion, it will happen for you. This was my second year in applying to LSU New Orleans, and I'm really honored to be given this opportunity to pursue my passion. Best of luck to everyone in pursuit of their dreams!

Congrats!!

Congrats!!
CONGRATULATIONS! That is excellent. Knock'em dead! (haha, no pun intended)

Guys, I have a question.

Can med students at LSUHSC get tickets to football games at LSU at the student rate?

I know it sounds dumb, but I'm just curious.