2018-2019 Louisiana State University School of Medicine (New Orleans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any new interview invites going out??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Any new interview invites going out??
I'm not expecting any IIs until the end of the month. That is when the office administrator stated they would go out for the later part of March and possibly early April. Probably one more round of IIs after that to fill up the schedule to April 17/18 (the last date scheduled by the school for interviews).

Reactions: 1 user
Today is the BIG meeting! Best wishes to all!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for clarifying. Really hope the rest of us NFA get answers, and hopefully good ones!

Does anyone know the percentage of those accepted after advocacy ?

Not sure but think of it as roughly 50 spots remaining and those spots need to be offered by March 15

So it depends on how many people are NFAd at this point
Probably so, I don't know though lol. I think the last normal committee meeting was early February so maybe they'll squeeze another one of those in by March 15. Let's just stay hopeful!

Reactions: 1 users
Probably so, I don't know though lol. I think the last normal committee meeting was early February so maybe they'll squeeze another one of those in by March 15. Let's just stay hopeful!
I’m thinking the NFA meeting would establish the last seats

Reactions: 1 users
Praying the entire student doctor network users all get in :) If I am the 200th person accepted that is still okay because I would still be in the class.

II today around lunch! Real
Excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard back yet ?
Not yet. Last time letters went out I got mine the Friday after the meeting. Will letters be sent out this week? Believe me I'm checking constantly to see if I need to run to my mailbox lol.

Got another letter today. Said no change to my NFA status:( It's better than a rejection but I would rather know a definitive answer so I can either start preparing to move or making more preparations to reapply next cycle (retake MCAT, etc.). I wonder when I will know for sure. Best of luck to everyone else today and tomorrow waiting on letters.

Got another letter today. Said no change to my NFA status:( It's better than a rejection but I would rather know a definitive answer so I can either start preparing to move or making more preparations to reapply next cycle (retake MCAT, etc.). I wonder when I will know for sure. Best of luck to everyone else today and tomorrow waiting on letters.
They said all the way until May. Not to promising especially since they will have to fill their class by March 15. Either way there’s a ranked waitlist so there’s always a chance, and depending on the circumstances, a lot of people may or may not be accepted off the waitlist. So there’s still some bit of hope

They said all the way until May. Not to promising especially since they will have to fill their class by March 15. Either way there’s a ranked waitlist so there’s always a chance, and depending on the circumstances, a lot of people may or may not be accepted off the waitlist. So there’s still some bit of hope
Thanks for the info. For real though retaking the MCAT is something I only wanted to do if it was necessary. If I got rejected I was going to speak to someone in admissions about what I would need to do, but it's hard to plan while in limbo/purgatory. As unpleasant as it may be, I may need to start studying for the MCAT again anyway. I was hopeful the advocacy meeting would be my ticket in,

Thanks for the info. For real though retaking the MCAT is something I only wanted to do if it was necessary. If I got rejected I was going to speak to someone in admissions about what I would need to do, but it's hard to plan while in limbo/purgatory. As unpleasant as it may be, I may need to start studying for the MCAT again anyway. I was hopeful the advocacy meeting would be my ticket in,
I’m sorry to hear that but yeah don’t give up hope! Best plan is to just assume you’re reapplying/retaking the MCAT and hopefully good news will come in later.

So basically if you have been NFAd at this point you will be rejected or accepted off a waitlist

Hopefully there’s still some spots later for the NFAers

They will be sending out last invites sometime this month to fill April interviews

Hopefully the waitlist makes a lot of movement this year.expext to hear in May?

Do you know how they rank the waitlist?

I have no clue how they rank the waitlist, and I'm pretty sure they would not say where one individual ranks. While it is frustrating, I am already planning on reapplying and retaking the MCAT. Reapplying with the same stats would not make much sense. I would suggest the same for everyone else still NFA. While there is a small chance some people will opt out and spots open up, the odds of an acceptance at this point are considerably less after the last advocacy meeting (I believe the last advocacy meeting filled the rest of the class). I was hopeful I would get in because I thought 2/3 of my interviews were very good, but since this is still what I want to do for the rest of my life, I am not giving up. Just another year of life experience and reflection before putting in a lot of hard work.

The ranking of the waitlist is much like the rest of the application process- subjective. They will also not tell you your position on the waitlist. However, at this point it would absolutely be beneficial to get ready to apply again.
Third time reapplication here. I thought I had it after my first set of interviews here and here I am three years later. Moral of the story, gain another year of life experience and the opportunity to be humbled. Hopefully you make it this time, but don’t be crushed if not. Most of us have applied multiple years before getting in. Best of luck to you all. Hoping this is my year also.

Reactions: 4 users
To all those who reapplied and got an interview, how were your interviews this year compared to the first or second time you interviewed? Thanks in advance!

Do pre interview rejections come via email or mail? TIA!

Pre interview rejections come via snail mail.

Interviewed recently. What are my chances at this point?

Interviewed recently. What are my chances at this point?
I might be wrong, but this is just my assumption. Since I have already been NFA twice, I assume you will be put on the same subjective waitlist as me, and your chances may be just as good as mine. I don't think when you interview matters once you're on the dreaded ranked waiting list. They will go down the line, and if you had better stats than I did, you may be higher up. Long story short, I think your chances are as good as mine at this point. I have already started studying for the MCAT again in preparation of needing to reapply, if that helps.

Has anyone received an II this week? I spoke to someone in admissions last Thursday and they said they’ll be sending out the final invites this week. It kind of feels like a lost cause at this point, I’m just curious

Has anyone received an II this week? I spoke to someone in admissions last Thursday and they said they’ll be sending out the final invites this week. It kind of feels like a lost cause at this point, I’m just curious

I just got an interview invite...about god damn time too. Had every T,W,Th from 4/8 -4/17 with Tuesday 4/2 as well. Gonna pick the last slot so they have to wait on me which I’m sure is what they will be doing. As someone mentioned, I think they will be putting everyone in NFA at this point. Movement will come after the first week of May or so once MD schools purge their lists of those with double acceptances.

so we know for sure all IIs went out? When will I actually formally be rejected?

Admissions meeting today! May the odds be ever in your favor.

Reactions: 3 users
All of the new interviewees are guaranteed to be discussed, but they can bring up past NFA people as well.
At the advocacy meeting every NFA person is guaranteed to be discussed again.