2013-2014 Louisiana State University - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance letter came today- I am in Baton Rouge and the letter is postmarked 1/30. Looking forward to working with you.
Congrats!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like New Orleans didn't get any mail action but BR did? So maybe Monday?

Congrats, you guys! As far as I know, Shreve didn't get any mail action either, but maybe today's the day...

Seems like New Orleans didn't get any mail action but BR did? So maybe Monday?
I've heard from a few people that the mail seems to go to BR first and then comes back to NO. Don't know why... But yea that's probably why NO people are later

No letter in today's mail. New Orleans, La. (70124)

Last edited:
Man, just had to reschedule my interview from the 10th, and the first available date wasn't until March 14! Thanks to Tulane's policy of refusing to change interview dates

Acceptance letter came today! I'm located near New Orleans (Westbank).
Letter postmarked 1/31. Looks like it was mailed from 70810 (Baton Rouge). Odd but that's probably why BR saw letters sooner.

Hang tight, y'all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing for me either... Metairie (70001). :( I'm about to lose my mind ... Anybody with me?!

No essays!

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Good luck to everyone applying. Just going through this thread brings back anxiety about applying to med school. I graduated from LSU-NO a few years ago and i can say it was one of the best experiences of my life, and along the way made some life long friends. The school and faculty are top notch and will prepare you for whatever goals you have in ur career.

Reactions: 2 users
Ooo that's weird... But thanks for the info!! I thought they sent them to BR and mailed them from there. Which is weird too but idk

Accepted!!! Letter came in today's mail (I'm in New Orleans) and is dated Jan. 31st. Interviewed on Jan 22nd.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted, too!! Letter came to Shreveport today...same postmark, interviewed on Jan 13

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!! Letter came in today's mail (I'm in New Orleans) and is dated Jan. 31st. Interviewed on Jan 22nd.

For those accepted by Shreveport and New Orleans, what is the deadline you are given to make a decision? Or even if accepted by just one, what is the response time expected for acceptance/declination?

For those accepted by Shreveport and New Orleans, what is the deadline you are given to make a decision? Or even if accepted by just one, what is the response time expected for acceptance/declination?

PS- CONGRATS!!

Shreveport gave an explicit deadline to respond by (which was about 2 weeks from when letter was mailed). At Shreveport, the applicant accepts/declines the offer via email and no deposit was required. For New Orleans, you have 2 weeks from the day the acceptance letter arrives. A $100 deposit is required and the applicant accepts/declines the offer through postal mail. You can accept every offer from every school if you want to... but come May 15th you'll have to choose 1 school and withdraw your application from the rest. Any schools you paid a deposit to will send you a full refund if you withdraw your application before May 15th.

Shreveport gave an explicit deadline to respond by (which was about 2 weeks from when letter was mailed). At Shreveport, the applicant accepts/declines the offer via email and no deposit was required. For New Orleans, you have 2 weeks from the day the acceptance letter arrives. A $100 deposit is required and the applicant accepts/declines the offer through postal mail. You can accept every offer from every school if you want to... but come May 15th you'll have to choose 1 school and withdraw your application from the rest. Any schools you paid a deposit to will send you a full refund if you withdraw your application before May 15th.

Thanks so much for the information!

Does anyone have info on exactly what a NFA means and when the advocacy meeting is? I'm getting conflicting reports.

Does anyone have info on exactly what a NFA means and when the advocacy meeting is? I'm getting conflicting reports.

NFA is no further action ... Basically you are still in the race, neither accepted nor rejected. They go thru all the NFAs thus far at the advocacy meeting this Friday, 2/7. Some people will get officially accepted that date, others rejected and some NFA'ed further. From what I understand (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), you could be accepted from the NFA list at any time.

NFA is no further action ... Basically you are still in the race, neither accepted nor rejected. They go thru all the NFAs thus far at the advocacy meeting this Friday, 2/7. Some people will get officially accepted that date, others rejected and some NFA'ed further. From what I understand (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), you could be accepted from the NFA list at any time.

Yes, that's true. And I've been told and seen on older threads tht most ppl are NFAed before being accepted.

Does anyone know when the class is expected to be filled or approximately how many spots are left?

Does anyone know when the class is expected to be filled or approximately how many spots are left?

N/m, jokes are not funny.
Humor and neuroticism are mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
If someone is further NFA'ed after the advocacy meeting, do they receive another letter saying that? Basically does every single applicant receive a letter (either accepted, rejected or further NFA)?

If someone is further NFA'ed after the advocacy meeting, do they receive another letter saying that? Basically does every single applicant receive a letter (either accepted, rejected or further NFA)?
You don't receive another letter until you are accepted, rejected, or wait listed. You won't receive another NFA letter.

Per AAMC rules, all medical schools have to offer out all of their spots by March 30th. But from my interview it seems like they offer out most if not all of the spots in the middle of February to March. At least they said in my interview that that's when most people are accepted. And then all of those people have until May 15th to hold more than one spot at different schools. So then after May 15th there is another big wave of acceptances that go out. Hope it helps, but you can go to the AAMC website to get those specific dates if it would help you sleep better :)! Good luck!

Here's the link:
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/recommendations/admissionofficers/

Last year I received a NFA letter after every meeting, so I ended up getting like 3 NFA letters then The WL letter at the end of May. It's torture, I know but hang in there!

Last year I received a NFA letter after every meeting, so I ended up getting like 3 NFA letters then The WL letter at the end of May. It's torture, I know but hang in there!

You received a NFA letter after every advocacy meeting? When is the second advocacy meeting normally held?

You received a NFA letter after every advocacy meeting? When is the second advocacy meeting normally held?
I believe last year it was around the end of March/early April.

I have it on good faith that the much anticipated Facebook group will be created next week sometime, or at least a push will be made for it to be created next week.

Any word on the Facebook group??

Any word on the Facebook group??

Apparently it's the L1 class president who's supposed to make it. If someone knows who he is, maybe they can give him a little prod.

Also, did you apply this cycle? ED? RD?

Last edited:
Apparently it's the L1 class president who's supposed to make it. If someone knows who he is, maybe they can give him a little prod.

Also, did you apply this cycle? ED? RD?
Yes, applied ED & accepted. Can't wait to meet the Class of 2018

Reactions: 1 user
There was an adcomm meeting held this past Friday 2/7/14 as I understand it.

Just called and was told letters would be mailed out within the week.. No specifics

Last edited:
Acceptance letter came today!!!!!!

NFA'd after my interview on the 14th of January. Letter dated feb 11, postmarked 2/12/14 from 70810. I assume I was discussed at the feb 7 advocacy meeting.

Good luck everyone else!

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! NFA also after 1/8 interview... Letter dated 2/11 and postmarked 2/12 from BR! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Reactions: 8 users