2022-2023 LSU - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to the LSU New Orleans Secondary is here: LSUHSC School of Medicine

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey all, does anyone know when the send out secondaries to in-state applicants? Also does anyone know prompts from prior years? I know there is the optional talk about your values one but was unclear if that's it or if there are others.

Is anyone answering those questions on the primary care application if they are not applying for the primary care pathway? It's not listed as optional on the document upload screen, otherwise I would have submitted the secondary without it.

Also, here is the link for the secondary instructions if anyone has not received it: LSUHSC School of Medicine

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone answering those questions on the primary care application if they are not applying for the primary care pathway? It's not listed as optional on the document upload screen, otherwise I would have submitted the secondary without it.

Also, here is the link for the secondary instructions if anyone has not received it: LSUHSC School of Medicine
I ran into the same issue, I am thinking about uploading a blank document because I am not interested in the primary care pathway.

I ran into the same issue, I am thinking about uploading a blank document because I am not interested in the primary care pathway.
I emailed them, they said we can submit blanks for the questions. I would indicate that you don't want to apply to the pathway on the doc though.

Reactions: 1 user
For the stage 2 questionnaire are yall filling it out the work/volunteer section on their pdf? Or doing it on a separate page and attaching it. The boxes are kinda small but maybe they just want you to be really concise.

Canadian student just received secondary. Does any one know how many Canadians have matriculated last year (if any)? Also any other Canadians currently applying to LSU Orleans ?Thanks.

Canadian student just received secondary. Does any one know how many Canadians have matriculated last year (if any)? Also any other Canadians currently applying to LSU Orleans ?Thanks.
Not sure because it looks like Canadians are treated as OOS students and not International students. This is good because LSU doesn't accept international students.

Just got a second email saying my file is complete :/

Members don't see this ad :)
i got a complete email 8/8 and that my app is under “active consideration” today

check received 7/28

I got the email from LSU that I received a secondary application but I can't upload anything anywhere? Did anyone else have this problem? Like there's no link to the applicant gateway mentioned?

I got 3 emails from them about secondary app and the link was in one of those.

I got 3 emails from them about secondary app and the link was in one of those.
Ok thank you! I only got two emails from them so the one with the link must not have sent.

Does Anyone know whats the MCAT cutoff of OOS/Canadians? and also how multiple MCATs are evaluated?

MSAR says they look at most recent MCAT. I have heard through the grapevine that the MCAT cut off is 504, but I know IS people with lower scores who have gotten in.

I haven't heard a single thing from LSU New Orleans. I applied to Shreveport as well and received a secondary but i have not gotten any notification of even receiving my primary from the New Orleans location. Should I email them ??
Update : received rejection

Last edited:
I haven't heard a single thing from LSU New Orleans. I applied to Shreveport as well and received a secondary but i have not gotten any notification of even receiving my primary from the New Orleans location. Should I email them ??
how much time has elapsed btw submission and non response?

edit: i submitted primary 6/24 and got secondary from LSU nola 7/19

how much time has elapsed btw submission and non response?

edit: i submitted primary 6/24 and got secondary from LSU nola 7/19
i submitted primaries around the beginning of june, verified on 7/15. LSU Shreveport secondary received on 7/16

Are you a Louisiana resident? I am looking back at my emails and I got my LSU nola secondary the day after my AMCAS was approved. I would probably email.

II-- IS, 508, masters degree!!! congrats yall!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
IS II Recieved! MCAT: 513; cGPA: 3.59

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
II received! OOS - but deeeeeep ties. Grew up there, went to Tulane for UG/grad. Entire family still in LA. I am so over the moon to have gotten this invite!!!

Those that scheduled already -- idk about y'all, but I was in the middle of a volunteer job and scheduled it REAAAAL quick because I waited hours after my first invite (Tulane) and got a date in December. Anyyyyway, I did NOT follow LSU's instructions and write down my day. Pretty sure I remember, but pretty sure is not good enough. Anyone know where we can check our day/time?

II received! OOS - but deeeeeep ties. Grew up there, went to Tulane for UG/grad. Entire family still in LA. I am so over the moon to have gotten this invite!!!

Those that scheduled already -- idk about y'all, but I was in the middle of a volunteer job and scheduled it REAAAAL quick because I waited hours after my first invite (Tulane) and got a date in December. Anyyyyway, I did NOT follow LSU's instructions and write down my day. Pretty sure I remember, but pretty sure is not good enough. Anyone know where we can check our day/time?
So I was in a similar situation. I'm applying MD/MPH and scheduled asap for the 13th. Then I got another email saying that if you are going the MD/MPH route, then schedule it on Monday or Wednesday. The 13th is a Tuesday. I had to call and they rescheduled me for the 28th. They have access to the calendar, so just call and ask.

So I was in a similar situation. I'm applying MD/MPH and scheduled asap for the 13th. Then I got another email saying that if you are going the MD/MPH route, then schedule it on Monday or Wednesday. The 13th is a Tuesday. I had to call and they rescheduled me for the 28th. They have access to the calendar, so just call and ask.
Thanks for the info and congrats on your II!

How long did it take for you to be emailed complete? I submitted my 50$ fee via mail but it has not been checked although its been recieved. I wrote my name on the check, and hope they got it