2022-2023 LSU - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LSU sent an email about interest in MD/MPH. Did anyone else get this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email about sending in my fall grades? ... I have been out of school for 3 years

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email about sending in my fall grades? ... I have been out of school for 3 years
It says in the email if you are not enrolled in anything to just disregard the email. I think it's just to make sure they don't miss transcript updates from non-trads or people in post-bacc programs

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else hear back today? Like A or NFA?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday OOS, 10/2 complete

Last edited:
  • Love
LSU sent an email about interest in MD/MPH. Did anyone else get this?
Yea I got it too. In it now, haven't been accepted. Someone else in the meeting has been accepted though. It's a general email I'm assuming (unless someone didn't tell me I was accepted ☠️).

If we were NFA in Oct/Nov are we not brought up again till a Jan /Feb meeting?

anyone know when the next meeting is or when they'll be discussing nfa's from the past couple of months?

The next meeting for interviewees is January 27 and then the next NFA meeting is sometime in February.

Per the admissions team, interviews will continue until March and they have 2 more rounds left to go out.

Reactions: 3 users
My bad, didn't mean to say "next" ...just know they have one in February.

Last year NFA meeting was mid-Feb I know ppl who got in via NFA Feb 19 and first week of March. Just a matter of how fast and efficient the school is with admissions.

Is a letter of interest worth it? I sent a post II update on my activities (publications and stuff) back in November, thinking a LOI might be over kill

Is a letter of interest worth it? I sent a post II update on my activities (publications and stuff) back in November, thinking a LOI might be over kill
I think that as long as your LOI says meaningful things you should go ahead and send it

Congratulations! Were you previously waitlisted?
Thank you! No, I interviewed in January. They told us we were the last month of interviews before they start deciding on the NFA applicants with concurrent interviews though!

Reactions: 3 users
Got word the NFA meeting this Friday.

Reactions: 7 users
Got word the NFA meeting this Friday.
do you know if this means they will be sending out decisions friday or just reviewing NFAs? aka do i need to check my email every few minutes on friday

do you know if this means they will be sending out decisions friday or just reviewing NFAs? aka do i need to check my email every few minutes on friday
Just basing this off of last year, looks like we'd hear back early next week (Mon/Tues)

Not to be neurotic, I am just genuinely trying to under stand the process with NFAs etc, but if we got NFA'd and we do not get accepted this round of acceptances (so like after the meeting tomorrow) - that greatly lowers our chances of getting in right? Or do they continue to send out NFA acceptances into the spring?

Not to be neurotic, I am just genuinely trying to under stand the process with NFAs etc, but if we got NFA'd and we do not get accepted this round of acceptances (so like after the meeting tomorrow) - that greatly lowers our chances of getting in right? Or do they continue to send out NFA acceptances into the spring?
i feel like they will continue to send them out. because some people on the NFA list may not accept the acceptance. in terms of lowering chances i am not sure but am leaning towards yes, lowers chances.

any update on when we'll get an email this week? Also, any idea how many #s they're accepting from the NFA meeting?

hoping for either today or tomorrow since there was a meeting on Friday (based on an earlier post), but unsure about the number of NFA acceptances - would also like to know though if anyone else has insight on that