2021-2022 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else get that mini heart attack email?

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
at least it's confirmed that they're meeting next week they didn't specify which day tho

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
how are y'all feeling heading into this week?
Anxiety and stress on 3000. But also like sorta okay because I felt like my interviews went well… plus updating them on more recent clinical experience (mines were 4-5 years old at the time I interviewed). But idkkkkkkk. Anything can happen. How do you feel??

Anxiety and stress on 3000. But also like sorta okay because I felt like my interviews went well… plus updating them on more recent clinical experience (mines were 4-5 years old at the time I interviewed). But idkkkkkkk. Anything can happen. How do you feel??
just ready to get it over with honestly

IDK if this has been asked before but what is the exact date of this last meeting?

IDK if this has been asked before but what is the exact date of this last meeting?
They sent out an email for NFA’d people saying the last meeting is May 4th and decisions (accepted, rejected, waitlisted) will go out late the following week 😭

So if the final meeting is tomorrow should we hear back by the end of this week?

In previous years threads it looks like they called those who were accepted a day or two after the meeting and other decisions were mailed. I wonder if they are continuing the tradition this year or if acceptances will be mailed as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe AMCAS has a rule where if you are accepted after may 1st you must be notified within 24 hours of the acceptance, so I'm guessing either phone call or email would = A and a letter = R or waitlist, with that being said I am extremely nervous!!

Much to my chagrin, I withdrew my A yesterday. Good luck to everyone who has yet to hear back!

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
what if they went to bourbon street and decided to reject everyone else??

• Haha
Fb has 186 now and yesterday it was 184, so I guess they people are getting phone calls.
Well, it's at least good that they are letting people know if they've been accepted. If they just sent out a bunch of mail and made ppl wait for a week that would not be good.

Reactions: 1 users
no phone calls or emails today?
Nothing , hopefully good news is coming to us all. The FB group number constantly fluctuates. It was 180 last weekend and earlier this week it was184. Today it went up to 186 , so maybe so.

I honestly wish they would let us know ASAP, especially after May 1st cuz this is crucial for waitlist traffic. Like if they met yesterday, the latest they should send out decisions is this Friday. The fact that they still use MAIL in the 21st century is honestly so stupid. Every other medical school in the country will let ppl know by email because it's so much faster quicker and more efficient.

Ahhhhh hoping for a call tomorrow but preparing myself for the worst 🥺 good luck everyone <3

• Care
Me rn

Attachments

• 6f79rg.jpg
    6f79rg.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
any 504 number pls call me. If I don't hear anything I might have to call Morris Bart to sue them for emotional distress....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So I’m looking on my app and under the choose your med school tool LSUNOLA was the only school not there and now it’s there (was added yesterday) and says I’m on the alternate list…. As in waitlisted I guess…. :(
well I don't have a single MD acceptance so it's not even showing up for me. I just wish LSU would let us know our decision ASAP instead of sending everything through mail.

• Care
So I’m looking on my app and under the choose your med school tool LSUNOLA was the only school not there and now it’s there (was added yesterday) and says I’m on the alternate list…. As in waitlisted I guess…. :(
+1. Thanks for the heads up! I'll be withdrawing my waitlist spot so I can start planning ahead and finally move on with my life lol. Congrats to all those accepted and good luck everyone!

• Care