2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so when does the committee meet/how often do they meet from here on out?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a zoom interview earlier today and am concerned about how I did. I don't think that I "killed it" but answered each question as honestly and coherently as I could.

The contrasting advice of "you should have done as many mock interviews as possible" and "its super relaxed, just be yourself" is extremely frustrating and nerve racking. In a sense I feel like there are "right" answers to a test and I don't have the corresponding notes. I fear that my answers were average at best and at worst meandering.

What I am really trying to get at is: how much will an interview make or break an application in general? Should I even be concerned about it as it is pretty late in the cycle to be interviewing?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a zoom interview earlier today and am concerned about how I did. I don't think that I "killed it" but answered each question as honestly and coherently as I could.

The contrasting advice of "you should have done as many mock interviews as possible" and "its super relaxed, just be yourself" is extremely frustrating and nerve racking. In a sense I feel like there are "right" answers to a test and I don't have the corresponding notes. I fear that my answers were average at best and at worst meandering.

What I am really trying to get at is: how much will an interview make or break an application in general? Should I even be concerned about it as it is pretty late in the cycle to be interviewing?
It really stinks when you feel like you didn't perform well in a pivotal aspect of your application. While I wasn't there and I can't comment how you actually did, I will say that we often make things worse in our head than they actually are. Also, the people interviewing you have interviewed hundreds, probably thousands of students. Unless you pulled an Ace Ventura and talked with your butt cheeks, I have a feeling that you did OK, and the bad things that you're focusing on won't even be remembered.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't they need to offer 200 spots by the 15th? If the last meeting was on 2/26, part of me thinks it would make sense if there was another meeting tomorrow. I'm not expecting anything to change to my status, but I still think they have seats to fill.

At this point, I don't think I'm getting an interview here. Been under active consideration for many months now.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
What exactly is the difference between the advocacy meeting and committee meeting?
The committee meeting is the meeting after your interview where they decide if you are accepted, NFA, or denied.

if you are nfa, then they can bring you up at other committee meetings but they also might not bring you up at these other committee meetings.

One of your interviewers is your advocate. At the advocacy meeting, all the NFA people are guaranteed to brought up by their advocate and get discussed then. I assume the may 6 one is the last advocacy meeting for the cycle and thus hopefully we will all hear back by then.

hope that answers your question !

Are they still sending out II?

The committee meeting is the meeting after your interview where they decide if you are accepted, NFA, or denied.

if you are nfa, then they can bring you up at other committee meetings but they also might not bring you up at these other committee meetings.

One of your interviewers is your advocate. At the advocacy meeting, all the NFA people are guaranteed to brought up by their advocate and get discussed then. I assume the may 6 one is the last advocacy meeting for the cycle and thus hopefully we will all hear back by then.

hope that answers your question !
It did thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the final set of invites for April interviews will be sent out?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I reckon I'll call on Thursday and ask if they're done sending out interviews. This is the only MD school that I haven't heard back from yet.

Reactions: 4 users
I reckon I'll call on Thursday and ask if they're done sending out interviews. This is the only MD school that I haven't heard back from yet.
Spoke with Ms. Paulette this morning. She said that the last interview date is April 21. The April interview invites will go out tomorrow and/or Monday.

Reactions: 4 users
Spoke with Ms. Paulette this morning. She said that the last interview date is April 21. The April interview invites will go out tomorrow and/or Monday.
Does that basically mean the last interviews will he sent out tomorrow and/or Monday? Or they’re just starting to send out April interviews?

Does that basically mean the last interviews will he sent out tomorrow and/or Monday? Or they’re just starting to send out April interviews?
It sounds like it, but you can always call and ask specifically

I probably don't know anything but I wouldn't be surprised if interview invites are sent out Monday b/c today is match day.

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything?

Last edited:
Can any current students tell me a bit about what the first week is like? My brother is getting married in Philly the first weekend and I’m most likely going to miss that Friday and the following Monday. Anything I should be worried about there? TIA!

Can any current students tell me a bit about what the first week is like? My brother is getting married in Philly the first weekend and I’m most likely going to miss that Friday and the following Monday. Anything I should be worried about there? TIA!
It’s hard to say. Your first week will probably look very different from ours (current L1) because we were limited to Zoom. We did have some mandatory meetings and an intro TBL (on CSI course policies) that first week. If those are still on Zoom, you should be good. You can log in from anywhere. If the introductory meetings and TBL are in person you might run into some scheduling trouble.

Any idea if any II were sent out the past week? Someone mentioned the last interview date is 4/21 :(

Any idea if any II were sent out the past week? Someone mentioned the last interview date is 4/21 :(
I called last Thursday and as of then they had not been sent out yet.

Interviewed 3/10 and informed delivery has a letter posted 3/29/21. Anyone in a similar boat???

NFA letter today, interviewed beginning of March. Figured that was best case scenario with the interview being so late.

II on 3/26! Was not expecting to hear anything this late in the cycle. Anyone know if there is any hope with it being so late?

I have an interview for April 12th and I'm really not sure what I should be expecting. Any other MD/MPH applicants out here still waiting on this?

It’s looking like those interview invites we were wondering about were sent out so now their cycle is pretty much over? Esp considering their last day is April 21st and someone above has April 12th.

I have an interview for April 12th and I'm really not sure what I should be expecting. Any other MD/MPH applicants out here still waiting on this?
April 7th MD/MPH here, I'm nervous for the interview but hope it goes well! Also a reapplicant

Based on the email sent out today, are students going to be informed of scholarships they receive via email? Is that what webadmit refers to?

Is anyone still on NFA?

Does anyone know the dates of the April Committe Meeting and the May Advocacy Meeting?

Does anyone know the dates of the April Committe Meeting and the May Advocacy Meeting?
During the interview I think they said they meet again April 23rd. Not sure about the Advocacy Meeting.

Interview went well IMO!

My only new observation about NOLA is this: I feel like not as many people as normal were accepted at the big Feb advocacy meeting as compared to past years. It's strange that there also aren't 200 people in the FB group. I hope that means that there will be a lot of phone calls going out in May and that all of us in the SDN clan will get one.

Reactions: 3 users
I emailed asking about my status and their interview season and their response was to hit me with a big fat R LOL

• Care
Can any current students comment on the “pre-matriculation program” i just got an email about? i will be abroad visiting my family during those weeks and i can’t exactly change it