2010-2011 University of California - Los Angeles Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about the rejections, no decision here. This is the first time I've been glad to see a blank box next to "Final Decision Letter" lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Throwing out another confirmation that it is indeed a rejection letter. But as I checked the mail I just got into UCSF, GL to those still on the wait list! I hope all the best!

Fingers were trembling as I signed it. Then I saw the blank box. My one and only interview.

Sorry to those who got rejections. :( Totally know how you feel.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fingers were trembling as I signed it. Then I saw the blank box. My one and only interview.

Sorry to those who got rejections. :( Totally know how you feel.

Just checked my status again and it says letter sent on 5/31. Hopefully this is just a waitlist letter but I'm not liking my chances right now...

Just checked my status again and it says letter sent on 5/31. Hopefully this is just a waitlist letter but I'm not liking my chances right now...

+1.. looking at last year's threads the people who got "letter sent" without the accepted student checklist could have gotten either a rejection or WL letter (they didn't send out either only rej or WL letters but not the other on the same date, so the date wasn't indicative of anything). Maybe some people with letter sent on 5/27 were actually waitlisted? Not everyone replied. It's a little unsettling though that the adcomm never mentioned making a WL to me, also it seems pretty late in the cycle to make the distinction between a WL or pending decision (we're all waiting, aren't we?). Then again the admissions office kept emphasizing to me that they don't make post-interview rejections, although they clearly do. Either way looks like we'll have to wait till the mail comes in.

Same here. Letter sent on 5/31. Unknown status..... let's pray....

Status changed to Letter sent on 5/31 for me too! Interviewed Nov. 2, this wait has been insane, I'm totally emotionless about seeing whats in that letter at this point.

Status is still blank for me. I also interviewed in November... and remember waiting anxiously for Jan 15, Feb 15, March 15... hah.

Black for me as well - considering just withdrawing to end the pain of waiting - lol

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten a letter that isn't a rejection? I just got a letter sent status update 6/3... this is not going to be good haha

has anyone gotten a letter that isn't a rejection? I just got a letter sent status update 6/3... this is not going to be good haha

+1

best we can hope for is wait list i guess?

does anyone have a blank status

Last edited:
anyone know if today's status updates are rejections?

hey so I just checked mine and also have letter sent 6/3

so I'm in Europe and not near a phone and have very little communication...my mom said she called the school (I did not tell her to do this...but this is obviously where the neurotic premed tendencies come from) to ask my status...saying hadn't been rejected or accepted...and they said that meant waitlist.
She called on Wednesday I think

so...who knows what all that means!?

I tried, but I must have just missed them, so I called the dean's office...they were a little busy since today is apparently graduation

my letter "sent on 5/31" didn't arrive yet... I live in San Diego so i'm pretty surprised by this. Called in to see whats goin on but there was no answer.

Has anyone gotten their letter "sent on 5/31"yet??? :confused:

Just checked - mine is still blank. :confused:

+1 still blank. I really think they may be going slightly in the order of interview dates, but then again, there were a couple of folks who said they interviewed in November and still were blank statuses. No idea what this means. I personally think this is all a mind game.

letter sent today too... but no accepted student checklist. grr

WHY DON'T THEY JUST EMAIL US DECISION LETTERS?!?!!?!? gawd. get with it ucla med.

Interviewed late Feb. and OOS applicant. My status is still blank.

Will someone who's received a "letter sent" status change within the past week let us know what kind of letter they actually got?

Interviewed late Feb. and OOS applicant. My status is still blank.

Will someone who's received a "letter sent" status change within the past week let us know what kind of letter they actually got?

So far, it seems that all of them sent 5/31 were rejections. The ones sent today are going to be wait lists.... i hope :xf: :)

So far, it seems that all of them sent 5/31 were rejections. The ones sent today are going to be wait lists.... i hope :xf: :)

I am one of the 5/31 folks. I am placed on a 'Hold' category. They say it is a second priority waitlist and applicants in this category will not be considered before July.
I don't know how this is different from a reject.
Thought you guys might want to know though.

Looks like it's time for more waiting.

GL everyone

Not sure if this will help because they seem to be doing things different than last year, but there does appear to be either hold, waitlist, or rejection resulting from letter sent status. This is the final updated list of what happened last year (from http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=9647039&postcount=2379)

No status update

aaivazi, November Interview
Zenith1987, IS, Jan 14th, faculty + student interview
Purkinje123, IS, February 22, faculty interview
polishfrizzle, IS, Late Feb, faculty interview
poorman, OOS, March 1, faculty + student interview
chickensandwich, is, mar 3, faculty interview
bond006, March 5, faculty interview

Status Change 4/16

Clarkent, OOS, Early January, faculty interview [Accepted]
Zeb0rg, IS, February 17, faculty interview [Accepted]
exersci, March 4 [Accepted]

Status Change 4/21

Drdrpetepete, February 16, [Waitlisted]
kair, IS, February 18, faculty interview [Waitlisted]
echidna, IS, March 2, faculty interview [Waitlisted]
kalpit210, IS, March 10, faculty interview [Waitlisted]
jturkel, OOS, March 16, faculty interview [Waitlisted]
7franks(DS), OOS March 25, faculty interview [Waitlisted]
new09, [Waitlisted]
electrolyte, IS, March 5, faculty interview [Waitlisted]

Status Change 4/23

gbc1989, IS, September, faculty interview [Hold]
Imeya70, IS, October, faculty interview
boogiebear575, IS, Jan 4, faculty
gene90, OOS, February 16, faculty interview [Hold]
danzingintherain, IS, February 17, faculty interview [Hold]
GoBeers, IS, February 18, faculty interview
shuythuyshuy, IS, Late February, faculty + student interview [Rejection]
yasminc, IS, March 9, faculty interview [Hold]
MiniMoo, IS, March 11, faculty interview [Waitlisted]
yummieyimmie, IS, March 18, faculty interview [Hold]
Brownleaterbag, [Rejection]
dohraymeee, IS, October 6, faculty interview [Hold]
elementals, IS, Jan 6, faculty interview [Hold]
bbon, OOS, early Dec., faculty interview [Hold]

Status Change 4/28

ilovebear, IS, October, faculty interview [Waitlisted]
tomfadial, OOS, October 15th, faculty + student interview
kierkegaard, IS, November, faculty + student interview [Waitlisted]
Ged42, IS, February 19, faculty interview [Waitlisted]
wicky (DS), IS, mid November, faculty only [Accepted]

Status Change 4/30

Kaiv Man, IS, March 11, faculty interview
smile2, IS, March 1, faculty interview [Hold]
premedoenophile, IS, February 9, faculty interview [Hold]
scaundo, OOS, March 19, faculty interview [Hold]
makoo88, OOS, March 3, faculty interview [WL]
angie67(DS), OOS, February 16, faculty interview
mg474, OOS, Late March, faculty interview [WL]

And this was the waitlist thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=724689

Make what you make of it at your own risk :(

+1 still blank. I really think they may be going slightly in the order of interview dates, but then again, there were a couple of folks who said they interviewed in November and still were blank statuses. No idea what this means. I personally think this is all a mind game.
Yup, I interviewed in early December. I'll go with your mind game theory.

Ya I also received the "Letter sent " status today. I interviewed 01/25. Hoping for the best!

FWIW, I interviewed in late December and do not have a status update yet. Sorry to those not considered anymore, I hope you guys are at least on your way somewhere else.. For the hold list, I know July seems far away but hang in there. Here's to lots of movement this summer. Cheers and enjoy your Fridays!

I interviewed in November and mine is still blank.

withdrew yesterday, so i hope one of you guys gets my spot! :) good luck!!

my 5/31 letter was to indicate that i've been put on "HOLD"

I still dont have any updates on my status page. Am I wrong in assuming that this is good news? Or at the very least isn't bad news? I'm already getting excited at the mere hint of receiving good news from UCLA haha.

I still dont have any updates on my status page. Am I wrong in assuming that this is good news? Or at the very least isn't bad news? I'm already getting excited at the mere hint of receiving good news from UCLA haha.

So far the letters being sent without an accepted student checklist link are rejections (obvious bad news) and holds (probably worse news than WL). I'm still feeling pretty good about my blank status!

What does your "hold" letter say?

I interviewed in November and its still blank

They must have sent the letters based on outcome.

I thought it's also partly due to interview time as it seems like those who received letters all interviewed prior to January. GAH. I guess we can look forward to another massive letter send-out this week.

Last edited:
lol, screw ucla. they are the ultimate troll of any admissions process.

rejection letter from 06/03......interviewed 01/25........my dream school.......good luck to the rest of you. i'm now hoping to come here for residency.

Has anyone who interviewed in March or later heard back yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.