2008-2009 Wake Forest University Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is? I'm guessing the 18th or something.

Members don't see this ad.

Just interviewed Monday, and LOVED it!

Members don't see this ad :)
So the adcom met yesterday... I hope they moved the waitlist a little bit.

So the adcom met yesterday... I hope they moved the waitlist a little bit.

+1 :thumbup:

I sent my grades and an update email since the last meeting. Let's see if it did any good......

So i got an interview, but only dates left are march 10,11, and 13. This kind of sucks will most probably withdraw :( anyone know if they schedule you if someone else drops out.

any good news today?

any good news today?

Nope nothing... they may have not even updated statuses today.

But I'm sure the major movement of the waiting list isn't until mid/late March

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody interviewing Tuesday, March 3rd?

If so, do you want to grab a drink or two? I'll be at the wingate in Winston Salem tomorrow.

If you do go for a drink I suggest Noma downtown.. New bar and grill it's pretty nice. If you're more a brewery type of person try Foothills. Good luck in your interview!

If you do go for a drink I suggest Noma downtown.. New bar and grill it's pretty nice. If you're more a brewery type of person try Foothills. Good luck in your interview!

Thanks a lot! I will definitely check those places out.

So my fate is being decided tomorrow.

How long has it generally taken following the committee meeting at which you were discussed? They told us ~1 week.

I was thinking of calling maybe on the 5th to see if they would just tell me how I fared.

So my fate is being decided tomorrow.

How long has it generally taken following the committee meeting at which you were discussed? They told us ~1 week.

I was thinking of calling maybe on the 5th to see if they would just tell me how I fared.

They have usually posted status updates on the Friday's after the meeting. I don't think it does any good calling, because they won't tell you anything over the phone about a decision...

Yup usually Friday after, but there has been a few instances of notifications going out the Monday after (that was the case for my batch, and maybe one other). Good luck!

Let's hope we have some good news today. :luck:

I read in U.S. News that WFUSM gives grants/scholarships to 68% of its students. Anybody know how much the average student receives? Is this aid significant or just a couple thousand dollars awarded to the average student?

what's the deal today kids? Any news?

Come on wake; lets MOVE that waitlist

what's the deal today kids? Any news?

Come on wake; lets MOVE that waitlist

If they do it.. I think they'll do it around 3 or 4 this afternoon (change statuses)

When do you guys think they'll start having waitlist movement? Are they still interviewing?

I believe they interview through the end of next week (13th)

waitlisted...ugh

Same, got placed on the "Alternative List"

Does Wake reject people post interview?

I know of only one rejection post interview. They interview such a small % that I don't imagine they reject too many (aka everyone they interview is qualified for admission, so they simply waitlist a whole bunch of people and fill the class with an already great selection via the interview selection).

Guys, I was accepted off the waitlist several weeks ago, so what they tell you about it being a rolling waitlist is at least partially true. My impression is that they, unlike most schools, never have more acceptances out than spots, and only accept new people once they have open spots (this may not be entirely accurate, but the point is they don't accept a high proportion of people right away). So a waitlist is not at all necessarily a bad result from an interview. Obviously, an acceptance is much better, but I don't think anyone should interpret a waitlist as a "they don't like me" or "I have no chance" kind of situation.

Guys, I was accepted off the waitlist several weeks ago, so what they tell you about it being a rolling waitlist is at least partially true. My impression is that they, unlike most schools, never have more acceptances out than spots, and only accept new people once they have open spots (this may not be entirely accurate, but the point is they don't accept a high proportion of people right away). So a waitlist is not at all necessarily a bad result from an interview. Obviously, an acceptance is much better, but I don't think anyone should interpret a waitlist as a "they don't like me" or "I have no chance" kind of situation.

LOI time, I suppose. Whether I=intent/interest is up for debate. $$$>>UAB

i called and always they tell me there has been no waitlist movement :(. what's the deal bearferret!

When I interviewed at Wake I specifically asked an adcom member if they over accept. The adcom member assured me that they only accept 120 students at a time and do not over accept. This is why there is such a large number of students that get accepted off of the waitlist at WFUSM compared to other school's waitlists.

When I interviewed at Wake I specifically asked an adcom member if they over accept. The adcom member assured me that they only accept 120 students at a time and do not over accept. This is why there is such a large number of students that get accepted off of the waitlist at WFUSM compared to other school's waitlists.

hopefully there'll be some waitlist movement once the non-rolling schools send out their decisions in a couple of weeks

hopefully there'll be some waitlist movement once the non-rolling schools send out their decisions in a couple of weeks

I hope so.

I was reading my waitlist letter. Does it mean that we have to send a letter to indicate our interest? Or just "particular interest?" Whatever that means.

I hope so.

I was reading my waitlist letter. Does it mean that we have to send a letter to indicate our interest? Or just "particular interest?" Whatever that means.

I called when I was WLed and was told to email/write a letter accepting your WL position.

Does anyone know when the next committee meeting is?

i called and always they tell me there has been no waitlist movement :(. what's the deal bearferret!
Hey man...the admissions director I talked to the other day said waitlists really dont start moving significanly till late april.

Hey man...the admissions director I talked to the other day said waitlists really dont start moving significanly till late april.

I agree... I called also and the secretary told me that most of the movement on the waitlist is in April and May...

Maybe this time next month we'll have some happy un-waitlisted people....

that would make me quite happy

*500th*

Has anyone called and asked about where they stand on the waitlist? I'm assuming that it is ranked? Or is it unranked? I can't remember... I looked all over their website and couldn't find anything about it.

Has anyone called and asked about where they stand on the waitlist? I'm assuming that it is ranked? Or is it unranked? I can't remember... I looked all over their website and couldn't find anything about it.

its unranked in past years...

So I've never wanted to get to the end of April so bad before as now... I'm ready to see some waitlist movement...haha

Since Wake's orientation week is the last week of July, do they require all accepted applicants to notify them of their decision by April 15th?

By May 15 of the matriculation year (April 15 for schools whose first day of class is on or before July 30), each applicant who has received an offer of acceptance from more than one school choose the specific school at which the applicant prefers to enroll and withdraw his or her application, by written correspondence delivered by regular or electronic methods, from all other schools from which acceptance offers have been received.

That is in the applicant guide for AAMC (http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/applicants.htm)

Status
Not open for further replies.