2008-2009 Wake Forest University Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont think Its out yet, but I did get an email saying "Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches"

Yay for one of my first choices!!!

1. In which service activity that you listed on the AMCAS application do you feel made the most impact on someone else? Briefly elaborate (3-5 sentences).

Which service activity had the most impact on you? Briefly elaborate (3-5 sentences).

Then another optional essay....Do you have something else you want to add?

LORs-2-1 non science, and 1 science

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I dont think Its out yet, but I did get an email saying "Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches"

Yay for one of my first choices!!!

*will update later with prompts*

Ditto to all of the above for me too :) ... although...not sure why I'm smiling....full-time job + secondaries (aka second full time job?) = SO busy. Apparently it's summer. Or so I'm told.

Did y'all actually receive an e-mail saying this or is this just your updated status on their website? I have the same thing...but mine is my status on the site, no e-mail yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having trouble logging in.

for empllld number do you put user ID?

yay, wake forest doesnt hate me after all!!

I was just confirmed as worthy of a secondary today....they are obviously going over AMCAS apps. in bunches

Yay it says they are sending me a secondary as well! Hopefully it comes soon!

I can't access the status page- it just keeps trying to load?

wait it worked in explore just not firefox- I am on hold til MCAT scores released- at least they didn't reject me prior to those scores!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone tell me if Wake Forest screens applicants by AMCAS primary? Or do they send secondaries to everyone? Thanks !

unless it changed from last year they screen the secondaries...and it isn't done with any type of pattern....i think they read all the applications and then the decide who is the best fit....last year we tried to figure out how they decided and we just couldn't find the one common factor between ppl...

unless it changed from last year they screen the secondaries...and it isn't done with any type of pattern....i think they read all the applications and then the decide who is the best fit....last year we tried to figure out how they decided and we just couldn't find the one common factor between ppl...

Did you mean to say they screen the primaries? Or do they send secondary applications to every applicant like many schools?

They screen the primaries.

OMG. I passed the screening.

I am getting hit by good news left and right.

I think I have something in my eye....

Just got an email from WFU with a link to the application: will post questions soon...

alright...wake's was just sent to me...I posted the questions up top.

Hey...if i dont have a premed committee or a letter service, but I am using interfolio on my own...I shouldnt have to send in those two forms, should I??

yay! got it.

just noticed they have a 3 week deadline. i haven't noticed this on any others so far.

does it have to do with when you are verified? I have a 3.6ish GPA and a 36ish MCAT, yet hasn't been given anything from wake forest yet. I was verified 2 days ago.

does it have to do with when you are verified? I have a 3.6ish GPA and a 36ish MCAT, yet hasn't been given anything from wake forest yet. I was verified 2 days ago.

Yeah, I was verified about a week ago and just got it.

i havent gotten anything either... and was recently verified

j/w, what's a 36ish mcat?

Wow loving these 3-5 sentence secondary essays =)

Anyone writing anything in the personal comments section?

just a question...i know they mentioned interfolio, virtualevals..but does it say anywhere it is okay for regular mail delivery of lor's from our career center..?

I'm sorry but does anyone know if we are obliged to answer the SAT score question? Additionally if we are, where can I look to find those scores?

I'm sorry but does anyone know if we are obliged to answer the SAT score question? Additionally if we are, where can I look to find those scores?
If you dont know, it probably wont matter...Just call and make sure.

Hey...if i dont have a premed committee or a letter service, but I am using interfolio on my own...I shouldnt have to send in those two forms, should I??
Does anyone know the answer to this question?

So if our status page says "You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail."

Does that mean we got screened out? Bummer!

So if our status page says "You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail."

Does that mean we got screened out? Bummer!
When I got rejected last year, pre secondary from there EAP program, thats what mine said.

Sorry:(

where is this elusive status page?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! I kept waiting and waiting for VCU and Wake :rolleyes: came into play! Score!

this is my first screened secondary......I was so excited i skipped down the research halls.

To JD: I think so mate....I am really sorry. On the MSAR they say "secondaries will be given and everyone else will be notified of their status."

So it sounds like their screening is pretty tough... Any idea what % get interviews if given a secondary?

they gave out about 500 interviews last year, so depending on how tough they screen for secondaries, I could answer that question.

I cannot recall the school, but from my memory they gave around 2,000 secondaries....so if this is the mean for schools that screen, maybe 25%......

Ok, I got it to load, but what are we supposed to put in the EmplID field?

Ok, I got it to load, but what are we supposed to put in the EmplID field?

The email I received had two sets of numbers, I used those for the fields (even though the second field had a different label).

So it sounds like their screening is pretty tough... Any idea what % get interviews if given a secondary?

I don't think you have to worry, they email you if you pass the screen as well.

I've been seeing the same message for a while now:

"Your application is being reviewed. When the review is complete, you will be notified if there is a status change."

... Don't know why, but I have a bad feeling. I know this message probably doesn't have anything to do with my status either way, but still... bad feeling.

I've been seeing the same message for a while now:

"Your application is being reviewed. When the review is complete, you will be notified if there is a status change."

... Don't know why, but I have a bad feeling. I know this message probably doesn't have anything to do with my status either way, but still... bad feeling.

How did you get into the status page if they haven't sent you the secondary invite yet?

1. In which service activity that you listed on the AMCAS application do you feel made the most impact on someone else? Briefly elaborate (3-5 sentences).

Which service activity had the most impact on you? Briefly elaborate (3-5 sentences).

Then another optional essay....Do you have something else you want to add?

1. Can a service activity include a clinically-based employment experience, or does it have to be non-paid?

2. ANOTHER open-ended "tell us whatever you want question." aahh hate the idea of copy/pasting from other schools, feel compelled to tweek it and make it more school-specific if possible. thoughts?:scared:

1. Can a service activity include a clinically-based employment experience, or does it have to be non-paid?

2. ANOTHER open-ended "tell us whatever you want question." aahh hate the idea of copy/pasting from other schools, feel compelled to tweek it and make it more school-specific if possible. thoughts?:scared:
1) I dont see why not
2) go for it.

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

If you use interfolio or the like, these separate letters are not required.

From http://www1.wfubmc.edu/MDProgram/Admissions/faq.htm:

We prefer a premed committee report, if our school has one. If not, there are forms attached to the secondary application that should be downloaded and given to two professors, one science and one non-science. If your school uses a letter service, we will accept that and you do not have to have the form on the secondary application filled out. We also accept recommendations from VirtualEvals and Interfolio. If you are using one of these services, you do not have to have the evaluation forms on the secondary filled out.

Last edited:
So the LOR requirement is 2 letters......but does anyone know if they have a limit on how many additional letters you can send (if any)??

they gave out about 500 interviews last year, so depending on how tough they screen for secondaries, I could answer that question.

I cannot recall the school, but from my memory they gave around 2,000 secondaries....so if this is the mean for schools that screen, maybe 25%......
This doesnt answer the question, but according to the bulletin I got from my visit.

"Approximately 9% of all applicants are asked to visit WFU for interviews from sept to march.

So the LOR requirement is 2 letters......but does anyone know if they have a limit on how many additional letters you can send (if any)??
I called and asked if I could send an extra, and they said I could and it wasnt frowned upon...
I probably wouldnt send more than 4 or 5 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.