2008-2009 Wake Forest University Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird because they let me schedule for Feb 3rd. All of January is full.

I'm going to call them then! :eek:

Update: I just called and I'm in the 'Top Interview Pool' and they will call me when something opens up.

Update Again: Interview scheduled!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anybody receive an interview invite recently? And if so, how far out was it?

I received an interview invite this morning via status page update. I scheduled it for one of the two dates that were left in January. There were availabilities in February, too.

Yesssssssss interview!!! I've visited the medical school and everything about it is awesome, from what I've seen and heard. :xf: - hope all goes smoothly for me.

yeshimash!

i is wondering if anyone gets off on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
so if the meeting during which they will talk about my application is on Wednesday, what day should I expect to hear from them??

thanks!

you should be expecting your waitlist email either friday or monday. high chance friday

you should be expecting your waitlist email either friday or monday. high chance friday

Why should mets1986 be expecting a waitlist email instead of an acceptance? There is no need to crush someone's hopes before a decision has even been made.

I'm just wondering how you know that all seats are filled?

yea can anyone else confirm that all seats are filled at this point??

Members don't see this ad :)
wtf no decisions today?

seems like you enjoy make such posts like those above on many threads....more power to ya!!! Not sure why you do it...but...ok!!!

Is that the extent of your social life?.....":idea:all seats filled"....I bet you get a kick out of that...LOL

What's up guys!!!!!

I am interviewing at Wake on Feb 11th (getting in on the 10th). I plan on just renting a car...soooooooooooo if anyone needs a ride into Winston-Salem just shoot me a private message.

Has anyone seen anything about student hosts?

Thanks,

Riceman04

well i guess it is not true that the class is full as i just got my accept e-mail/letter this afternoon! yay!!

Congrats Mets!

The class may be full, but there are constantly people who decide on other schools for any variety of reasons so the waitlist moves very fast and very significantly (i.e. I sent in a letter last week withdrawing my acceptance. It is a GREAT school and has INCREDIBLE facilities. I just felt like I fit in better at another school.).

I'm sure many of you on the waitlist WILL get in.

GOOD LUCK!!

:idea: all seats are filled.
Having interviewed in mid December and being told that my application would be discussed at the Jan 7th admissions meeting, I received an acceptance on the 13th.

I think its highly doubtful they're already pulling from the waitlist with such a short turn around time. Schools routinely accept more applicants than the number of seats available, knowing that many will attend elsewhere. Unless Wake follows a different standard, which I'm unaware of, the statements made by some previous posters are purely conjecture.

Good luck to those still waiting!

According to the email waitlist letter, "Because we choose not to overfill our entering class, many excellent candidates with a good chance of gaining admission are placed on the alternate list."

Seems they do not over accept. Makes the odds of an acceptance off the waitlist more likely.

Good luck.

According to the email waitlist letter, "Because we choose not to overfill our entering class, many excellent candidates with a good chance of gaining admission are placed on the alternate list."
Good luck.

Thanks for correcting me.

Does the letter specifically mention that all the seats are already filled? They may in fact save a handful for those still interviewing in Jan-Feb.

Seems they do not over accept. Makes the odds of an acceptance off the waitlist more likely.

Good luck.

You hit the nail on the head. I think it is the same concept as "over-accepting" except Wake just chooses to be very frugal with their initial acceptances (many/some of which do not decide to go to WFU).

The letter says nothing about the class being filled, although I was waitlisted back in..... November so I'm sure the class was not filled at that point. The letter also wants letters of interest if you are on the waitlist so they know to keep your file active....... may be their way of trying to boost their accepted:matriculated ratio.

What's up guys!!!!!

I am interviewing at Wake on Feb 11th (getting in on the 10th). I plan on just renting a car...soooooooooooo if anyone needs a ride into Winston-Salem just shoot me a private message.

Has anyone seen anything about student hosts?

Thanks,

Riceman04
If you call there office, they should be able to set you up with a host.

In case anyone is wondering about notifications, etc... I interviewed on January 13th and found out today that I was accepted! My status page changed around noon, and I received the e-mail a few hours later. I am SO excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Anyone see or hear anything about the waitlist moving?

Do you get a hard copy version of the acceptance with an envelope to send the deposit in with/verify your interest in the acceptance?

Or do you respond via email re: the acceptance and send in your check on your own?

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Is anyone else interviewing next Monday the 16th?

Do you get a hard copy version of the acceptance with an envelope to send the deposit in with/verify your interest in the acceptance?

Or do you respond via email re: the acceptance and send in your check on your own?

Thanks in advance for sharing!

You will get a hard copy in the mail, but there isn't a form to return. So type up a brief letter (like 1-2 sentences) indicating that you would like to accept your position in the class and include a $100 check.

for the info...

and :luck::luck: to all who are still waiting.

Just got my acceptance this afternoon! Interviewed 1/27

just got accepted off the waitlist today!!!

when were you waitlisted and did you send them updates or anything between when you got waitlisted and when you got accepted?

when were you waitlisted and did you send them updates or anything between when you got waitlisted and when you got accepted?

I interviewed in the middle of December and was put on the waitlist on the 13th of January. As instructed by the people down there, I wrote a letter of interest and also sent in an updated transcript from Fall Semester...seems like it worked because it only took a week and a half to get off the list.

I interviewed in the middle of December and was put on the waitlist on the 13th of January. As instructed by the people down there, I wrote a letter of interest and also sent in an updated transcript from Fall Semester...seems like it worked because it only took a week and a half to get off the list.

CONGRATS on your acceptance!!

Okay, I'm anal, or I have OCD ... but I want to know ... did you send your LOI via email or snail-mail?

CONGRATS on your acceptance!!

Okay, I'm anal, or I have OCD ... but I want to know ... did you send your LOI via email or snail-mail?

I sent a typed up snail mail letter and enclosed my transcript with it.

I'm assuming there was an adcom meeting last week, so there won't be much going on this week? Or do they increase their meetings near the end of interview season?

Hey guys, anyone accepted to Wake Forest through the Early Assurance Program? Holler

I have (and know many other people who) have withdrawn their app from Wake post-acceptance in the last couple of weeks. From what some of my friends who go there say, the waitlist moves pretty fast and starts to pick up around this time when people with multiple acceptances start making decisions. IMO, I would think it would move a little bit faster this year considering the economy (people choosing to go to a cheaper public school). Of course, that's just my opinion..take it for what its worth.

I have (and know many other people who) have withdrawn their app from Wake post-acceptance in the last couple of weeks. From what some of my friends who go there say, the waitlist moves pretty fast and starts to pick up around this time when people with multiple acceptances start making decisions. IMO, I would think it would move a little bit faster this year considering the economy (people choosing to go to a cheaper public school). Of course, that's just my opinion..take it for what its worth.

I hope so... I really liked Wake Forest a lot. I would love an acceptance in the next few days...

Received an interview invite today - very excited!

me too. I don't have a lot of money right now, and the air fare is going to hurt, but this is a great school in a great location... my sister went to wake for undergrad, so I've visited a few times... so I guess it is worth a shot! :)

Got an email this evening saying that though my application was in an interview pool, interview spots have all been filled. (I'm not sure if that means they're actually all full - might just be full enough to know that they won't be pulling anyone from whichever pool I was in.)

Too bad.

I feel honored to receive a rejection from this fine institution at 10:20 PM.

I got invited to a interview for the Early Assurance Program in a couple of weeks. i am so excited but very nervous as well.
Can anyone fill in on what i should expect? your experience? questions you were asked? were they lay back? or was it hardcore?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.