SUNY Buffalo Early Assurance Program (Medical)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prmedstudent10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me more about the interview? What questions will be asked? Are you grouped in with all of the regular admissions students? Any helpful tips? Also, is the program binding? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone please tell me more about the interview? What questions will be asked? Are you grouped in with all of the regular admissions students? Any helpful tips? Also, is the program binding? Thanks in advance!

Its a regular med school interview so check the resources on that.. on studentdoctor they have interview questions so you can check that out (but its not really necessary since the interviews are generally very conversational). The program isnt binding and you go through the whole day with the regular admissions students so its pretty much exactly the same.

Thanks NYBills987 :] Can you tell me how many apply to the program, how many get an interview, and how many actually make it in?

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone that's from Buffalo, and went to UB for undergrad, I wish I could have applied Early Assurance. My SAT score wasn't even remotely good enough to try it. Having a seat waiting in medical school after the sophomore year of undergrad must be amazing for the lucky few that manage to do it, especially since no MCAT score is required.:)

Studying and sitting for the MCAT and applying through regular admissions was not easy at all for me, and I was a nervous wreck the entire time. Waiting on the UB waitlist for nearly 5 months (with no other interviews for most of it) didn't help my anxiety, either.

To the OP, if you qualify for Early Assurance admissions, and really want to attend UB Medical School, absolutely do it for a chance at saving yourself a huge amount of aggravation. In the regular admissions process, there are no guarantees at all for anyone.

Thanks for the advice Maxwell7301 :] I actually got an interview for the EAP, but I'm extremely nervous :[ Of the total amount of people who get asked for an interview, does anyone know how many actually get into the program?

Thanks for the advice Maxwell7301 :] I actually got an interview for the EAP, but I'm extremely nervous :[ Of the total amount of people who get asked for an interview, does anyone know how many actually get into the program?

I would guess that very few people interview for it, so congrats on the invite! I don't know what the chances of acceptance are, but I would guess that they are pretty good. They must like you if they want to interview you, so be yourself and do the best you can!

Any advice for someone who is horrendous at interviewing? My answers just come off as less than stellar. Other than practicing, what else can I do? (I interview in a couple of days). I have looked at the interview feedback questions.

Any advice for someone who is horrendous at interviewing? My answers just come off as less than stellar. Other than practicing, what else can I do? (I interview in a couple of days). I have looked at the interview feedback questions.

Just practice answering the questions. Have a close friend ask you questions, and answer them like it's the real thing. That helped me a lot.

Also, I'm sure you will be better than you think. I thought I would be terrible at interviewing, but it seemed to go smoothly enough.

If you're, say, 0.02 points below a 3.75, what are the odds of you getting an interview? Even if your SAT score is 100+ points above the minimum?

Status
Not open for further replies.