Rocky Vista University (RVU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview waitlist from CO via the portal. No email or anything but looks like some decisions are up!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Where exactly on the portal do you find that information? Is is "Admissions Status" where it says "Stage" and "Description"?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Interview waitlist from CO via the portal. No email or anything but looks like some decisions are up!

How did you check? Did it come up in the "Admissions Status" tab?

Pre-interview waitlist? Is that on waitlist to possibly interview? And Where? I just see "complete" under admissions status on mine. I was submittied 7/6 and fully complete 7/18.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I just wanted to make sure. The curriculum that they offer in Colorado would be identical to the one that will be offer in Utah right?

Has anyone tried submitting one of the applications before receiving an invite to do the secondary?

I got one for the Utah campus and then added the Colorado campus one to my list. I see both secondary applications in the portal and am thinking of just filling it out now... any thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone tried submitting one of the applications before receiving an invite to do the secondary?

I got one for the Utah campus and then added the Colorado campus one to my list. I see both secondary applications in the portal and am thinking of just filling it out now... any thoughts?

Im in the same boat, I submitted my Utah secondary but havent heard from CO yet. Im gonna wait another week or so to see if I hear from CO.

Strange, mines kinda the opposite. My CO one processed a while ago, but my UT still sits at "applicant"

Strange, mines kinda the opposite. My CO one processed a while ago, but my UT still sits at "applicant"

Same. I was complete at CO on the 20th yet I'm still "applicant" at UT. Not sure why.

How long did it take to go from the "Applicant" status to "Complete"? I submitted to both on 7/20 and i'm still in the "applicant" phase/status

I submitted on the 11th and was complete on the 20th.

My spreadsheet says submitted the 10th and completed the 18th....and I submitted both the same day

Members don't see this ad :)
Question about the LOR requirements, it says 2 letters should be from "natural" or "biomedical" sciences.

I have letters from neurosciences and pharmacology (from an SMP). Do you think those would work?

I would think so. My LORs were from my biochem and anatomy professors and I'm complete at both campuses.

Finally got my secondary invite! Had to basically get back in line after I got my MCAT score for both campuses

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anybody get a complete status for RVU Utah yet? I recently got my CO secondary, but submitted Utah a while ago and I still haven't seen anything about being complete

I was complete on Thursday.

Anybody get a complete status for RVU Utah yet? I recently got my CO secondary, but submitted Utah a while ago and I still haven't seen anything about being complete

utah took a while for me too. submitted 7/13 and wasn't complete until 7/29.

Does RVU CO pre screen secondaries? I got mine on Friday but I was just curious. Thanks!

I was reading in last years thread that RVU has a dress code policy? Can any current students comment as to whether this is still the case..

I was reading in last years thread that RVU has a dress code policy? Can any current students comment as to whether this is still the case..
Yes there is a dress code. It should be able to be found in the student manual online but it's really simple.
It's business casual (essentially no shorts, no shirts with logos, and at least care about what you look like). Although, there are casual Fridays that are nice.

quoted from the student handbook

Students are expected to dress in a manner which demonstrates respect for other students, faculty, administration, staff, and visitors. As part of professionalism, students must abide by a business casual dress code.In accordance with business casual guidelines, slacks/trousers and jeans are appropriate, as are dresses and skirts with modest lengths. Collared shirts, sweaters, blouses, and turtlenecks are acceptable. Examples of clothing that are not appropriate include the following:shorts, mini-skirts, sweatpants, pajama pants, exercise pants, leggings (made of spandex or other form-fitting materials), t-shirts, shirts with spaghetti straps, halter tops, and clothing that may expose the midriff and torso. In addition, flip-flops and baseball caps are inappropriate. Questions regarding appropriate attire may be directed to the Office of Student Affairs.

quoted from the student handbook

Students are expected to dress in a manner which demonstrates respect for other students, faculty, administration, staff, and visitors. As part of professionalism, students must abide by a business casual dress code.In accordance with business casual guidelines, slacks/trousers and jeans are appropriate, as are dresses and skirts with modest lengths. Collared shirts, sweaters, blouses, and turtlenecks are acceptable. Examples of clothing that are not appropriate include the following:shorts, mini-skirts, sweatpants, pajama pants, exercise pants, leggings (made of spandex or other form-fitting materials), t-shirts, shirts with spaghetti straps, halter tops, and clothing that may expose the midriff and torso. In addition, flip-flops and baseball caps are inappropriate. Questions regarding appropriate attire may be directed to the Office of Student Affairs.
Just to clarify - this is for just clinicals or also everyday lectures?

Just to clarify - this is for just clinicals or also everyday lectures?
it's for everyday lecture. but you can wear jeans and a t-shirt with no logos. so it's not a big difference from what people normally would wear to lectures. the dress code is also NOT in affect on weekends or after 5 pm on the weekdays, so you can come to school on the weekends or after 5 in your sweats or pjs

Last edited:
Hurry up and move me to complete UT.....I submitted on the 10th!

Sitting with "Stage: FILEC / Description: File Complete" for a little while now! Really looking forward to IIs.

Rejected as well. Bummer. Was a top OOS choice for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

For those that got rejected I'm assuming from CO and not UT?

me too as well. I wonder if there was a mistake. I literally sent in my secondary last Friday and got the rejection email this morning, which was barely 4 days ago...

I got the rejections from CO last week. I guess they send them out as they go...

do they send out rejections via email or only via the portal?

Current first year. Yes there's a code but it's very chill. Basically no shorts, sweatpants, flip-flops, or t-shirts with large graphics. After 5 you're totally free to where whatever you want as well as weekends (campus is open 24 hours). It hasn't been a problem/neusance for me or my friends at all. On the contrary it's nice seeing students in decent clothing coming from NY/ San Diego where most guys came to lecture in boxers/tank tops.

Wow this is the scariest thread of the cycle yet. All I'm reading here are rejections and pre-interview waitlists. Anyone even get an II yet??

Some things to keep in mind. Rocky Vista takes usually around ~12-15 people from Colorado State's Masters program (at least), another ~5-10 students from the SUU/Dixie State pipeline program. This year they are also probably planning on taking another handful of students from their own new MSBS program. So you can assume that ~30-40 seats are already set aside from these pipeline/funnel programs. This leaves around (at most) ~120 seats open for everyone else. They received about 6,000 apps last year. Assuming the same number this year, it's going to be a VERY tough cycle for RVU's Colorado program. I know nothing about the Utah campus except that it's right next to Saint George which is the most beautiful, perfect city in America.

Reactions: 3 users
Would it be a bad idea to mention their good match list in my secondary? (as a reason why I want to attend)