2022-2023 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone else recently gotten an email that basically said they are going to review your file soon and to withdraw if you don't want to go to RVU anymore lol? this is my first communication from them since i sent my secondary in the summer

edit: apologies if this has already been asked
I received that today too

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone else recently gotten an email that basically said they are going to review your file soon and to withdraw if you don't want to go to RVU anymore lol? this is my first communication from them since i sent my secondary in the summer

Yes I got the same thing last night 🫡

Reactions: 2 users

I got one yesterday. I submitted my secondary last month in January

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Correct! In addition, there are some mandatory classes but not that many for example IPE and Ethics (around 2-3 times a month). Curriculum is also in block format so your first block will be muscleskeletal, next would be Biochem, etc.
So how often do students end up going to campus every week? Just wondering if it would be unrealistic to live in downtown denver as that is easier for my partner's work commute since she does not plan to drive.

So how often do students end up going to campus every week? Just wondering if it would be unrealistic to live in downtown denver as that is easier for my partner's work commute since she does not plan to drive.
I asked about commuting from CO Springs (because of my partner’s job as well) and the admin said tons of students commute with no issues so I imagine living in downtown Denver would be a similar situation. They noted if weather is an issue they will cancel/reschedule classes with enough time for those who commute.
For 1st and 2nd year I’m planning on being there most if not all week M-F (unless all classes happen to be online in one day), just make the most of your commute by finding study groups or using the library! :)

What lilred21 said is correct! Lots of people live in Denver, Colorado Spring, Littleton, Golden, Castle Rock, etc. I would say the mandatory classes depends on what block you are in. I watch most of my lectures after it is recorded so I do not go to class. My schedule for this week I had mandatory lab on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (these are going to be in the afternoon and could end around 6pm depending on what group you are).

What lilred21 said is correct! Lots of people live in Denver, Colorado Spring, Littleton, Golden, Castle Rock, etc. I would say the mandatory classes depends on what block you are in. I watch most of my lectures after it is recorded so I do not go to class. My schedule for this week I had mandatory lab on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (these are going to be in the afternoon and could end around 6pm depending on what group you are).
Thank you both! Is traffic pretty bad then since labs end around rush hour? Not sure if denver traffic is as bad as some other urban cities.

I recently got an email saying my application was in the q. Are they still giving interviews at this point?

Reactions: 1 users
II today after getting that "your application is about to be reviewed" email a couple days ago!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today after getting that "your application is about to be reviewed" email a couple days ago!

Same! Do they have only offer private loans as a for-profit institution? I’m gonna need that aid money

Can current students comment on the grading system? I saw on the website its is P/F with honors but it doesnt mention what the cutoff for H is.

Can current students comment on the grading system? I saw on the website its is P/F with honors but it doesnt mention what the cutoff for H is.
90 to H, 70n to P. Pre clinical classes are curved to just under an 83 average if below.

Any interview tips that would be helpful? Also is there a formal interview day, or is it really just an interview on its own?

Recently accepted. Is there a groupme made for class of 2027? I do not have Facebook.

Any interview tips that would be helpful? Also is there a formal interview day, or is it really just an interview on its own?
The whole interview process only took about an hour, there were staff intros with everyone interviewing that day and then separate breakout rooms with you and your interviewers. It was very low stress, so just try to be as relaxed and friendly as possible 🙂

Does anyone know when adcom meets to determine interview decisions? I know it's once a month, but it looks like somewhere between the 2-3rd week of the month, with results mostly coming back on the third week. Hoping that I can hear back from RVU before putting in a large deposit else where lol

Any A’s today? I’ve been nervously refreshing my portal all morning lol

Getting nervous since I interviewed 1/31 and haven’t heard anything 😵‍💫

Was there a new drop down with your status, or was the update in the post-interview page?
Interview and post-interview tabs disappeared and a new “application status” tab showed up in drop down!

Has anyone who is going to the accepted students day March 9th received an email with more information?

Did anyone else receive an email about them hosting an application workshop? I thought it was an R and they were offering feedback services but they didn’t say that explicitly

Reactions: 4 users
Yes I’m not sure what that is about… it doesn’t seem too good though

Did anyone else receive an email about them hosting an application workshop? I thought it was an R and they were offering feedback services but they didn’t say that explicitly
Do you mind sharing if you interviewed?

yes, i got one too. i haven't interviewed yet. thought it was funny that it says "We understand the application process has many stressful stages of uncertainty" but they literally just added another layer of uncertainty

• Care
yes, i got one too. i haven't interviewed yet. thought it was funny that it says "We understand the application process has many stressful stages of uncertainty" but they literally just added another layer of uncertaint

Same