2021-2022 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been completed since September 30th and have heard nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

II received today! Does anyone know if there are still spots available in the class or just waitlist positions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an II! First of the cycle! Can anyone who has already interviewed please give me some insight? What kind of questions were asked?

Reactions: 2 users
II a few hours earlier!

Reactions: 1 user
II a few hours earlier!
When did you complete? I literally didn’t apply here since they sent me email saying they are wrapping up interview in December lol

When did you complete? I literally didn’t apply here since they sent me email saying they are wrapping up interview in December lol
I was complete around Christmas I believe

II around 1AM today! complete mid january but submitted secondary early november

Got the call today!!!! Could not be more excited!! Interviewed 1/12

Reactions: 1 users
II today! I had to check my portal!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/31 and have not heard back yet. Does anyone know when they will let everyone know? Also, what are some pros and cons for this school?
Interviewed on 2/2 and I have not heard back either. Has anyone heard back?

This very well could be a stretch but I know 2 current students and they both said that they've had a lot of snow the last two weeks and campus has been closed a lot of that time so maybe there's been some delays?

This very well could be a stretch but I know 2 current students and they both said that they've had a lot of snow the last two weeks and campus has been closed a lot of that time so maybe there's been some delays?
That could be maybe? I remember they told us doing the interview that they would get back to us latest by the end of February but if not then it could be due to this delay then.

Got an A a couple weeks ago! Really like RVU, but I'm waiting on my #1 choice school to follow up after interviewing. I saw the background test/drug screen for RVU must be started within 30 days and completed within 30 days. Does anyone know if that means it all has to be completed within 30 days of acceptance or just started within 30 days of acceptance then you get 30 more to finish? Don't want to do all of that if I get A at my top school (which I will hear back from soon).

Got an A a couple weeks ago! Really like RVU, but I'm waiting on my #1 choice school to follow up after interviewing. I saw the background test/drug screen for RVU must be started within 30 days and completed within 30 days. Does anyone know if that means it all has to be completed within 30 days of acceptance or just started within 30 days of acceptance then you get 30 more to finish? Don't want to do all of that if I get A at my top school (which I will hear back from soon).
I believe it's 30 days total. You don't get extra days that's why they say to start the process ASAP. I would shoot them an email saying you need more time due to personal reasons. They might work with you.

Anyone hear back from February interviews? Still waiting

I'm still waiting (interviewed early Feb) but is RVU CO still accredited? I saw online that they're not accredited anymore

I'm still waiting (interviewed early Feb) but is RVU CO still accredited? I saw online that they're not accredited anymore
Where did you see that? On their website they are still accredited, however their PA program is under accreditation-probation until March 2023.
From their website: Accreditations - Rocky Vista University
At its March 2021 meeting, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. ARC-PA) placed the Rocky Vista University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Rocky Vista University on Accreditation-Probation status until its next review in March 2023.

yea if you go on reddit, someone said they are not

Where did you see that? On their website they are still accredited, however their PA program is under accreditation-probation until March 2023.
From their website: Accreditations - Rocky Vista University
At its March 2021 meeting, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. ARC-PA) placed the Rocky Vista University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Rocky Vista University on Accreditation-Probation status until its next review in March 2023.
I saw on Reddit

Could someone share the link? I can't find anything on Reddit

So I just asked a current student and they told me because of the recent increase of class size by about 100 students, RVU has to go through a re-accreditation process. I don't think this is something we should be too worried about.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, I am also a current student. COCA visited a couple weeks ago. Im not sure they have to go through the entire process again, but they check to make sure the school can accommodate the additional students. Admin did not seemed worried.

This may be helpful:
How long is this going to take? Wow, this definitely changes everything for me. This can take up to many years from my understanding. I hope I am wrong.

Wow, this definitely changes everything for me
Why? its legit not a big deal. Its not like they lose accreditation. COCA just checks up on them to make sure they are doing well implementing their plan to accommodate more students. The bigger class started with current first years, so I would assume they would have to graduate to complete this process. This is what happens whenever any school increases class size, which feels like it has been happening frequently.

Why? its legit not a big deal. Its not like they lose accreditation. COCA just checks up on them to make sure they are doing well implementing their plan to accommodate more students. The bigger class started with current first years, so I would assume they would have to graduate to complete this process. This is what happens whenever any school increases class size, which feels like it has been happening frequently.
Okay. I will also send them an email since I feel a bit confused. RVU is my first choice, but I never want to go to an unaccredited school; this is coming from my experience with such schools that promise accreditation but never get one.

Also, thanks for replying!!

I think they mentioned getting back to us by a month, correct? Interviewed February 9th so does that mean I would for sure have an answer by March 9th?
I called them yesterday and they said they had been delayed quite a bit but said we should hear back this week or next!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I just got the APS email. I interviewed on 02/02. Somewhat sad because I definitely nailed my interview and was kind of thinking I would get accpeted. They said there are no more seats; that is why I am APS.

Accepted pending seat. Offered guaranteed admission in class of 2027 should I not get an open seat this year. Interviewed early Feb.

Damn, I just went on last year's thread, and man, oh man. They started accepting people (2 students, lol) off the APS in June and July. I hope the WL movement is not that slow this year, but we will see.