2021-2022 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on 11/9 and have not heard back yet. They said that the committee meets 1-2 times per month and as a result, we should expect at most 4 weeks before a decision. So technically could be any day.
Let us hope for the best. Next week should be 4 weeks from our interview date.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 10/26 and was accepted 11/9! stats: undergrad GPA 3.4, post-bach GPA 3.4, mcat: 507.
Their interview process was probably the nicest scenario I could imagine, mostly asking about myself - no tricks. It was really comfortable. Good luck everyone!! Your hardwork will pay off

Reactions: 1 user
If I submitted my app in the third week of November was I too late to be competative this cycle? ORM out of state with a LM of 70.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I submitted my app in the third week of November was I too late to be competative this cycle? ORM out of state with a LM of 70.
I saw a screenshot of a RVU email somewhere, I am not sure if it was on SDN or Reddit. But the screenshot was from this application cycle and it said that RVU plans on closing their interview season up as their class is almost filled. I am not sure what that means for those who applied later in the cycle, but just something I remember seeing.

I saw a screenshot of a RVU email somewhere, I am not sure if it was on SDN or Reddit. But the screenshot was from this application cycle and it said that RVU plans on closing their interview season up as their class is almost filled. I am not sure what that means for those who applied later in the cycle, but just something I remember seeing.
Can confirm - I got that email too. However, I was very surprised by this seeing how much movement there is at DO schools after the 12/14 deposit deadline until classes start. Maybe RVU doesn't have much??? Seems unlikely though

Interview Invite received this morning

Apparently there was a slight issue with there system sending out automated interviews they said in the email.

Interview Invite received this morning

Apparently there was a slight issue with there system sending out automated interviews they said in the email.
Same!, but they were excellent with response time, correction, etc

Has anyone's completion date of their recommendation of choice on their portal changed multiple times?? I'm curious if this means anything or just a glitch

Has anyone's completion date of their recommendation of choice on their portal changed multiple times?? I'm curious if this means anything or just a glitch
Mine has. I have been complete since 9/30. They said if I get an II then it’s either dec or Jan.

Curious if this means they are looking at our app or what???
To be fair. I did ask them if the class was full because I was kind of worried for myself and they gave me that information. They said that they may not need any more interviews post January but hopefully that's not the case.

To be fair. I did ask them if the class was full because I was kind of worried for myself and they gave me that information. They said that they may not need any more interviews post January but hopefully that's not the case.
Thanks so much for the information. That's good to know! I would have a hard time believing they wouldn't have any more IIs post January because of how much movement there is in the spring

No, I think it’s an option for elective rotations but CU charges RVU students extra for it
You and I cross paths when we interviewed with the home of the Jays two years ago. Hope all is going well for you at RVU.

Last edited:
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
No, I think it’s an option for elective rotations but CU charges RVU students extra for it
I saw on CU's website that they charge like $150 for visiting MD students, but then its something like $4,200 for visiting DO and IMG students to rotate there :rolleyes:

I saw on CU's website that they charge like $150 for visiting MD students, but then its something like $4,200 for visiting DO and IMG students to rotate there :rolleyes:
A new DO school is in the planning stages and is set to open in Greely CO in 2025? what is interesting is the new school will be associated with the University of Northern CO. Since the U of N. CO is a state funded public school, the new DO school may get some love from CU Anschutz for rotation and residency, or have preference over RVU students. I cannot see Anschutz charging state school DO students 4K to rotate their. Maybe they get a 50% discount? who knows.

A new DO school is in the planning stages and is set to open in Greely CO in 2025? what is interesting is the new school will be associated with the University of Northern CO. Since the U of N. CO is a state funded public school, the new DO school may get some love from CU Anschutz for rotation and residency, or have preference over RVU students. I cannot see Anschutz charging state school DO students 4K to rotate their. Maybe they get a 50% discount? who knows.
Im as second year. RVU told us the fee is due to state laws. Its a legislative issue, not an RVU issue. They want state funding to go to CO funded students. Based on that info I would agree. I think UNC will probably have more access to CU. But also they are different schools, so I would assume opportunities are still limited. Its not like OUHCOM has full access to Ohio State or Rowan SOM to Rowan Cooper. I was also listening to parts of the presentation UNC gave. They made it sound like they were only seeking state funding for the start up costs, and not yearly funding.

Does anyone know what it means for Recommendation of choice 12/03/21? This is what it says when I check my file status on the portal

Does anyone know what it means for Recommendation of choice 12/03/21? This is what it says when I check my file status on the portal
I dont think it really means anything. They review all of the LORs uploaded to AACOMAS, so I guess it could be any letter that wasnt from a professor/physician.

I dont think it really means anything. They review all of the LORs uploaded to AACOMAS, so I guess it could be any letter that wasnt from a professor/physician.
Gotcha. I was just confused because it said my supplemental application was marked complete on 10/11 and I haven't received any email updates since paying the secondary fee on that date.

Gotcha. I was just confused because it said my supplemental application was marked complete on 10/11 and I haven't received any email updates since paying the secondary fee on that date.
My understanding is that they keep things pretty quiet until they send you an II. I noticed in my portal that the date for Recommendation of Choice would change from time to time, but I didn't see any correlation to that later becoming an II. My guess is its some kind of glitch on their end that probably appears each time they look at your app. But this is purely speculation lol! Best of luck!

Just got this email

"Good afternoon,

We want to thank you again for interviewing with RVUCOM-CO! We hope you enjoyed talking with your interviewers.

Unfortunately, the Admissions Committee was not able to complete their review of the candidates who have recently interviewed at their last meeting, so the decisions have been delayed. We anticipate sending decisions out to you early next week after a second overflow meeting is held, pending the availability of the Dean to review and approve those decisions.

At this point in our cycle, there is a possibility that some of the acceptance decisions will shift to an “Accepted Pending Space” status (APS). What that means is that, based on our current deposits, our class is already filled, and we are therefore not able to offer an outright acceptance into this year’s class at this point in time. An APS offer guarantees you a seat in the next year’s class, entering July 2023, in the event that a seat does not open for you this year. If this is the case for you, we will explain this clearly when you are notified of the decision.

We know the waiting can be the hardest part of the process, so we truly appreciate your patience! Please feel free to reach out if you have questions in the meantime.

RVU Admissions Team"

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Just got this email

"Good afternoon,

We want to thank you again for interviewing with RVUCOM-CO! We hope you enjoyed talking with your interviewers.

Unfortunately, the Admissions Committee was not able to complete their review of the candidates who have recently interviewed at their last meeting, so the decisions have been delayed. We anticipate sending decisions out to you early next week after a second overflow meeting is held, pending the availability of the Dean to review and approve those decisions.

At this point in our cycle, there is a possibility that some of the acceptance decisions will shift to an “Accepted Pending Space” status (APS). What that means is that, based on our current deposits, our class is already filled, and we are therefore not able to offer an outright acceptance into this year’s class at this point in time. An APS offer guarantees you a seat in the next year’s class, entering July 2023, in the event that a seat does not open for you this year. If this is the case for you, we will explain this clearly when you are notified of the decision.

We know the waiting can be the hardest part of the process, so we truly appreciate your patience! Please feel free to reach out if you have questions in the meantime.

RVU Admissions Team"
Yeah, same.

• Care
Just got this email

"Good afternoon,

RVU Admissions Team"
Crazy that they have their class filled before Christmas.

• Care
  • Sad
The Colorado Facebook page only has 96 members. Last year's class matriculated 216 students, and I believe ~30 seats are reserved for their students in the Biomedical Master's program. I wonder how accurate that number is on Facebook?

Last edited:
Also, this happened last cycle. My friend was APS around this time, and she was called 3 weeks prior to the start of the semester with her acceptance.

Withdrew my A today. Keep your hopes up!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I withdrew my A today. Hope it goes to one of you! Best wishes

• Care
I withdrew my A today. Sure hope it goes to someone on here! Best of luck!

• Care
I was just accepted!!!!

Last edited:
Just got the call!!! I interviewed on December 6th. There's hope, guys!! Good luck to everyone, I hope you all get into medical school this cycle.

Just got the call!!! I interviewed on December 6th. There's hope, guys!! Good luck to everyone, I hope you all get into medical school this cycle.
Just got the call as well! Has anyone's status changed in the portal? The individual I spoke with said all the necessary info would be on the portal, but I was too stunned in the moment to take in everything they said.

Just got the call as well! Has anyone's status changed in the portal? The individual I spoke with said all the necessary info would be on the portal, but I was too stunned in the moment to take in everything they said.
I know right!! I was told that the accepted tab would appear after a day or two.

Post-Interview R the other day. All good though as I am lucky enough to have been accepted elsewhere. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Hey everyone! To all those who have been accepted, is there a GroupMe/WhatsApp created for the Class of 2026 cohort? I want to know before I create one myself.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! To all those who have been accepted, is there a GroupMe/WhatsApp created for the Class of 2026 cohort? I want to know before I create one myself.
Haven’t seen one yet, so go for it!

Here’s the group chat I created for all RVUCOM-CO Accepted students:

Feel free to share the link on the official Facebook page if anyone has been added to it yet. I’m still waiting to be added.

Last edited:
II today, complete quite late (September.) Will be declining :) good luck to everyone!

I submitted my primary mid-November (late ik) & just received a secondary today. I paid the supplemental fee before getting on here & am reading that their class is already full? Should I contact someone about trying to get that refunded or is that just an L ima have to accept?

I submitted my primary mid-November (late ik) & just received a secondary today. I paid the supplemental fee before getting on here & am reading that their class is already full? Should I contact someone about trying to get that refunded or is that just an L ima have to accept?
Even if the class is full, I know RVUCOM does what's called accepted pending space, which means if you get an interview and they like you, they will give you a guaranteed spot for the next year (that's what happened to me last year) and it makes the next year much less stressful to know that you're walking into the next cycle with an acceptance in your pocket. It might be worth still doing the supplemental to see if you can interview for one of the APS spots (that being said, I am not sure if they are sending out interviews at this point, although you would think that if they sent you a secondary they must still be looking at them, right?)

II just now!! Definitely was not expecting this at midnight on a Saturday night!!

• Love
II just now!! Definitely was not expecting this at midnight on a Saturday night!!
That’s amazing! Congratulations! Ace that interview!! I was accepted last month. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

That’s amazing! Congratulations! Ace that interview!! I was accepted last month. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Thank you! Definitely am going to take you up on your offer!

Hello! I know the deadline for a primary application at this school isn't until March, but it sounds like the class may already be full, so do I even have a chance at earning an interview invite if I send in my primary this late in the game? Thanks!
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!

Anyone complete around the beginning of November hear anything yet? Wondering if they will send out more II

I haven't heard anything and I completed late Oct.