2022-2023 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
“They learn how to sit with the front desk and how they sign someone in and what questions they ask,”

Is this middle school or medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Can any current students comment on the quality of rotations at RVU-SU? I just saw this interesting post on pre-med Reddit that states students basically do front desk paperwork during their "clinical" rotations. Thanks.

Hey team!! I'm a current 3rd-year. Sorry, I've been a bit delayed in answering some of the questions some of you have PM'd me. This article is directed at the local community to explain how a medical school works. The person giving the interview is someone I've never spoken to and I don't believe she's involved with our curriculum at all because she says a few things in here that aren't true. I have never heard of anyone working at the front desk of the health clinic across the street. Definitely not during a rotation. These posts got removed from the subreddit for being misleading. My rotations have been super normal and so have everyone else's. We're in kind of a rural location so you are sometimes the only trainee with the attending which is a different experience than you would have at a larger academic institution with fellows and residents and other students. I've had a good experience in my rotations. Happy to answer any other questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any WL movement? And anyone able to get in contact with admissions? They never answer my phone calls or emails... :cryi:

Just withdrew my offer from RVUCOM-SU. Good luck to all!

• Care
Does anyone know if exams are in house/questions by professors or standardized?

Can someone pls share how many people are in the discord group? I just want to compare to the number of people currently in the FB group (141 members). Just a hopeful applicant and neurotic on the alternate list. Thanks.

Recently got a call from Admissions asking if I still want to be on the waitlist and to maybe hear back next week!

Recently got a call from Admissions asking if I still want to be on the waitlist and to maybe hear back next week!
Hi! when you got this call were you on the APS list or a waitlist? I am on the APS list for this cycle and I was worried about hearing back too late to the point that I have to move to a different state with such short notice. When you got this call, did they give you the option of starting the following year if you didn't want to be on the waitlist anymore?