Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who's been in the "delayed decision" limbo status hear any good news yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone else have a "hold" status as opposed to delayed decision??? Been on hold since October post-interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else have a "hold" status as opposed to delayed decision??? Been on hold since October post-interview.

If I'm not mistaken, everyone who has a delayed decision has a hold right now. The letter said something like committee has decided to delay your decision and put you on hold

If I'm not mistaken, everyone who has a delayed decision has a hold right now. The letter said something like committee has decided to delay your decision and put you on hold

I see. My letter specifically said hold and nothing about delayed decision, so I wasn't sure if there was a difference (even though they're essentially saying the same thing)

Did anyone else's letter who received a delayed decision mention put on hold?

Mine said nothing about a hold. When I called and talked to admissions, they were adamant that the delayed decision is NOT a hold. And that the committee simply has not made a decision on my file quite yet. Hope this helps!

Interviewed 2/16, delayed decision.

Does anyone have insight regarding the likely hood of acceptance vs waitlist vs rejection at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today for March 30th! I was about ready to give up hope on this one, but it looks like I too will have the chance to snag a delayed decision ;)

To be serious, though, I'm really excited to interview there. I'm reading up on their interview process - anyone feeling generous and have tips? How much of your interview focused on your app, and how much was composed of more general questions?

pcom is going crazy with the delayed decisions this year.
There is a seat deposit due April 1st. So I am assuming some of you should hear in mid April once they figure out the numbers.

Has anyone received a rejection post-interview? Might be a dumb question, but it seems that we have only been hearing of acceptances and (most recently), delayed decisions.

Last edited:
Complete since late July, reapplicant... Haven't heard a thing from this school. Trying not to give up hope:(

Hey guys! So I interviewed feb15 and just got a delayed decision letter. Have they been accepting ppl straight out since this time or is delayed decision like as good as it gets at this point ?

Last edited:
pcom is going crazy with the delayed decisions this year.
There is a seat deposit due April 1st. So I am assuming some of you should hear in mid April once they figure out the numbers.
Deposit is due on the 15th not the 1st of April

Sent from my SM-G928T using SDN mobile

Received a waitlist letter today. Should I send a letter of intent? Are they responsive to those? I would love to go here.

Last edited:
Anyone get accepted recently or is everyone "delayed decision"?

Hey guys! So I interviewed feb15 and just got a delayed decision letter. Have they been accepting ppl straight out since this time or is delayed decision like as good as it gets at this point ?

So, a couple people have posted here about having received an acceptance since Jan 9th interview. but it seems like pretty much everyone else since then has gotten a delayed decision. I don't know if they have rejected anyone since the Jan 9th interview or they are just giving everyone delayed decisions. I've read that in the past, a lot of people with delayed decisions go onto being on the waitlist.....

Received a waitlist letter today.

Did you get a waitlist letter or delayed decision letter??

Got a waitlist letter as well.

Waitlist or delayed decision? if waitlist, did you get a delayed decision letter first? and when did you interview? thanks, just trying to understand this process! ughhh

Waitlist or delayed decision? if waitlist, did you get a delayed decision letter first? and when did you interview? thanks, just trying to understand this process! ughhh

Waitlist, not a delayed decision. Interviewed 2/15. Trying to understand the process as well :/

WHO'S PUMPED FOR PCOM'S MATCH LIST?

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 2/24 and just got a delayed decision letter in the mail.

Interviewed 2/24 and just got a delayed decision letter in the mail.
I interviewed the same day! I am beginning to wonder if after a certain date they put everyone in the "delayed decision" or "waitlist" category until they have a better idea of their numbers? Looking at last year's PCOM thread and someone posted on 3/23/16 "So looking at last year's forum (2014-15) it seems that a lot of folks that interviewed in the January/February/March timeframe received "Delayed Decisions" - of those numerous individuals received acceptances and some got put on the waitlist. I did not see any that received a rejection but I did not look that closely. So there is still hope." Keep the hope :) it will all be based on the numbers this year. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2 users
Been traveling throughout Asia these past few days and couldn't log on to SDN. But found out that I got ACCEPTEDDD. Words can't describe how honored and blessed I feel! Congrats to all accepted as well!
Super late but congrats!

Sent from my SM-G928T using SDN mobile

accepted students - other than pay the deposits, is there anything else we should have done yet?

accepted students - other than pay the deposits, is there anything else we should have done yet?

Do you have access to Nucleus yet? If so, get on your Medical Health Questionnaire, as well as complete your PCOM's Scholarship Application!

Got the delayed decision letter this past week after interviewing 2/8. What's the best way to withdraw my application? Call?