2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By status update do you mean an application update where we can post transcripts or LOI?

No lol status means status … when you get on the waitlist they send you an update and when you get accepted they send you another update …he’s saying his waitlist update is gone

Members don't see this ad.

Ohhh lol I was confused. That’s odd tho hopefully it means good news
No lol status means status … when you get on the waitlist they send you an update and when you get accepted they send you another update …he’s saying his waitlist update is gone

Anyone hear anything over the past week?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
PCOM's deposit is due 7/1. I'm still waitlisted at another school that I would prefer if I got accepted there. So if I pay the deposit now, am I still able to withdraw from PCOM later on?

PCOM's deposit is due 7/1. I'm still waitlisted at another school that I would prefer if I got accepted there. So if I pay the deposit now, am I still able to withdraw from PCOM later on?
You can withdraw anytime you just forfeit your deposit

Reaaalllyyy trying not to lose hope 😓

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah the problem with this school is that they ghost their applicants instead of communicating … it’s sad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Got the A today! Interviewed 4/22, Waitlisted 5/5.
Sent LOI last week.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED! A very emotional and overwhelming feeling - after three gap years and several disappointing MCAT attempts I started to lose hope. But this program finally gave me a chance. Trust yourselves, work hard, and you will be rewarded!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
YOU GUYS I got the A today!!!! So happy I can't believe it!! This was my second time on the WL and PCOM has been my top choice both cycles. Incredibly grateful to everyone on here for all the support along the way. Dreams do come true!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I was accepted today from the WL 😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
YOU GUYS I got the A today!!!! So happy I can't believe it!! This was my second time on the WL and PCOM has been my top choice both cycles. Incredibly grateful to everyone on here for all the support along the way. Dreams do come true!!!!!!
CONGRATS!! May I ask if you had sent an update recently? I am considering sending one but I'm not sure if it's worthwhile

CONGRATS!! May I ask if you had sent an update recently? I am considering sending one but I'm not sure if it's worthwhile
I sent a LOI on 4/20 and an update on 6/16!

For anyone still hoping on the waitlist, I spoke with someone on admin and they said that PCOM traditionally waits a week after classes start to see if everyone shows up. But people on the waitlist will be notified, regardless.

ACCEPTED! A very emotional and overwhelming feeling - after three gap years and several disappointing MCAT attempts I started to lose hope. But this program finally gave me a chance. Trust yourselves, work hard, and you will be rewarded!!!!!
stats? Congrats!!

Hi everyone,

I just completed an interview and I was so visibly nervous. I was having a really hard time getting some words out smoothly and my voice was so shaky. I still managed to discuss a lot of the things I wanted to like my clinical and community experience but I'm so scared that I messed this up. It was my first interview and PCOM is my top choice so I'm trying hard to not be disappointed.

Anyway, I'd like to know if anyone on here had similar feelings after their interviews but was still accepted. It would be nice to hear there is still hope.

• Care
Hi everyone,

I just completed an interview and I was so visibly nervous. I was having a really hard time getting some words out smoothly and my voice was so shaky. I still managed to discuss a lot of the things I wanted to like my clinical and community experience but I'm so scared that I messed this up. It was my first interview and PCOM is my top choice so I'm trying hard to not be disappointed.

Anyway, I'd like to know if anyone on here had similar feelings after their interviews but was still accepted. It would be nice to hear there is still hope.
I did not choose PCOM but I was accepted last cycle. I thought my interview was bad. Unless you said some off the wall stuff, you should be fine. They understand we are all nervous.