2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only if accepted students withdraw, which does happen but I feel like there will be alot less waitlist movement this cycle
Yeah I agree, it’s already so late into the cycle so the chances of WL movement happening to the extent it has in previous years I would assume to be much lower.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know based on previous threads/this years thread about how many people get out on the waitlist and the number that typically gets accepted? Sorry if this is repetitive or silly question, the waiting has me going slightly crazy over here

Does anyone know based on previous threads/this years thread about how many people get out on the waitlist and the number that typically gets accepted? Sorry if this is repetitive or silly question, the waiting has me going slightly crazy over here
I called and asked this exact question when I got put on the waitlist and they wouldn't give me a real answer. They said they don't have a number because it changes every cycle. When I asked what the number was for the previous cycle, they couldn't disclose that information.

The PCOM website says last cycle they accepted 512, but 270 matriculated. In my opinion, I don't think 242 people were pulled from the waitlist. I think they gave out acceptances during the cycle, and if someone withdraws their acceptance, they keep interviewing and fill those spots up. Not sure why they can't just tell us the waitlist movement tho

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called and asked this exact question when I got put on the waitlist and they wouldn't give me a real answer. They said they don't have a number because it changes every cycle. When I asked what the number was for the previous cycle, they couldn't disclose that information.

The PCOM website says last cycle they accepted 512, but 270 matriculated. In my opinion, I don't think 242 people were pulled from the waitlist. I think they gave out acceptances during the cycle, and if someone withdraws their acceptance, they keep interviewing and fill those spots up. Not sure why they can't just tell us the waitlist movement tho
I've talked to admissions from another school, and they pretty much say nothing as well. They've mentioned that some years, they went through all their waitlist while some years, no more than less than ten. I think it really just depends on the people that withdraw, which they really cannot predict how many.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got off of the waitlist and got the A!!! It’s been so tough waiting this one out but I guess miracles can happen!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Did they call or you just checked your portal?
I got an email to check my portal, then a minute later received another email congratulating me and an hour or so later received the phone call :)

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email to check my portal, then a minute later received another email congratulating me and an hour or so later received the phone call :)
CONGRATULATIONS!! that is amazing. 🎉🥳🎉

When did you interview/get waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
just accepted off of waitlist! so shocked i literally just submitted my reapplication last night 😭😭

Reactions: 9 users
just accepted off of waitlist! so shocked i literally just submitted my reapplication last night 😭😭
congrats!!!! manifesting the same good news for myself :)

Do you mind sharing stats? Also when were you WL and did you send update letters at any point?

Got accepted off the waitlist about 5 hours ago!!! Interviewed 5/15!! 3.7 and 500-505 range MCAT score, OOS. Does anyone have a link to a GroupMe or Discord?

IMG_7875.jpg

Also, does anyone else have this? I took 8 credits of English during my undergrad years, as verified by my AACOMAS application, and PCOM only requires 6 credits so why do I need to take 2 more credits? I plan to call them but I’m out of the country on vacation so I wouldn’t be able to call them until next week.

Hello, future doctors! I applied last year (as a reapplicant) and was accepted! I will be starting at PCOM-PA in less than a month
I am happy to answer any questions and if I don’t know the answer, I’ll try reaching out to an upperclassman! I’m most familiar with the application process since I haven’t actually started yet but I have learned a lot about classes from upperclassmen already.
Here are my stats from when I applied:
cGPA: 3.77
sGPA: 3.61
MCAT: 499 (123/129/123/124), 502 (126/126/125/125), and finally 510 (126/128/126/130)
Volunteering: 70 hours
Shadowing: 114 hours
Clinical experience: 6,510 hours (this is probably way above average for my class, do not panic if you have less)
Primary submitted: 7/27/2021
Secondary received: 8/24/2021
Secondary submitted: 8/24/2021
Interview invitation: 10/28/2021
Interview date: 11/17/2021
Decision date: 12/17/2021
I am also happy to edit any primaries or “secondaries” (the question is embedded in the primary, the secondary is really just a fee to pay) and help with some mock interviews. I would love to be able to provide these services for free but time is a commodity in medical school. Reach out to me if these services would interest you and we can discuss a price that is comfortable for both of us.
Finally, congratulations on making it to this point, stay patient, and don’t lose hope during the cycle (some of my classmates were only accepted in the last couple of weeks!). You are so much more than just your statistics so don’t forget to share your story with med schools!
Hello I saw your thread from a year ago, could you help me the primary questions?

congrats!!!! manifesting the same good news for myself :)

Do you mind sharing stats? Also when were you WL and did you send update letters at any point?
LM 72, interviewed late april, WL 6/9, and never sent an update. good luck!

Hi! I was accepted last week off the waitlist as well. I was placed on the waitlist in May. I am just having a hard time finding safe areas to rent in. Does anyone have suggestions, like zipcodes and neighborhoods? Where do most medical school students usually live at? Please, any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I was accepted last week off the waitlist as well. I was placed on the waitlist in May. I am just having a hard time finding safe areas to rent in. Does anyone have suggestions, like zipcodes and neighborhoods? Where do most medical school students usually live at? Please, any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
During the Accepted Students Campus Tour they gave us a tour of the Meta Christy apartments right on the PCOM campus and they looked nice.

Would it be recommended to send a letter if I was accepted somewhere else but I'm still really hoping to get off the waitlist at PCOM?

Yea that’s an LOI!
I sent an LOI back in february telling them I'd take their acceptance in a heartbeat. this would be more of hey are you going to take me or not because there's another place waiting lol

I sent an LOI back in february telling them I'd take their acceptance in a heartbeat. this would be more of hey are you going to take me or not because there's another place waiting lol
ahhhh, yea idk about that then haha

Just got accepted off the WL!!!! Got the email today at 12:04 PM
Interview 5/15 WL 6/9

Wishing luck to the rest of my fellow applicants!

Reactions: 4 users
Got accepted off the waitlist about 5 hours ago!!! Interviewed 5/15!! 3.7 and 500-505 range MCAT score, OOS. Does anyone have a link to a GroupMe or Discord?
+1, could anyone DM me the discord/groupme please, thank you! 🙏

Hey guys (hopefully future classmates 🤞), I was accepted here at PCOM in January and will be attending here in the fall. Yesterday I got a call from Admissions and they said that everyone who is planning on attending PCOM must withdraw from (although I'm not sure if they actually check) all other school acceptances and email PCOM in writing that they have done so. If they don't do this by July 3rd, their offer will be rescinded. I think this might mean that some seats should maybe open up this week if people start to withdraw if they have multiple acceptances they have been holding onto. So keep manifesting, it's not over yet!! :)

Withdrew my acceptance here to attend the Georgia campus, hopefully one of you guys get it. Goodluck

Does anyone know when orientation starts? I'm still waitlisted and I'm assuming they accept up until the day of orientation so I'm trying to get an idea of when the last day would be to potentially get a call from PCOM.

Does anyone know when orientation starts? I'm still waitlisted and I'm assuming they accept up until the day of orientation so I'm trying to get an idea of when the last day would be to potentially get a call from PCOM.
Orientation starts August 7th

ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!!! Waitlisted in early Feb
3.1 PCOM SMP GPA
502 MCAT
ORM

If anyone is interested, the PCOM SMP clearly helps alot of people even if they don't do too great in it.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just received my acceptance.

Going from being completely defeated and working on reapplication secondaries, to crying in the middle of work after seeing the email/portal.

For those who may be like me combing through previous years threads:
505 MCAT
2.98 cGPA/2.81 sGPA at time of applying, got it up to 3.0 soon after
52 credit hour DIY post-bacc 2020-2022
ORM
II in mid December
WL in mid January

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just received my acceptance.

Going from being completely defeated and working on reapplication secondaries, to crying in the middle of work after seeing the email/portal.

For those who may be like me combing through previous years threads:
505 MCAT
2.98 cGPA/2.81 sGPA at time of applying, got it up to 3.0 soon after
52 credit hour DIY post-bacc 2020-2022
ORM
II in mid December
WL in mid January
been rooting for you!

• Care
Did anyone else get an email about transferring their DO app to the MS Biomed app?

for those who got off the waitlist - was the time between waitlist and acceptance about 2 weeks or did it vary?

For those of you recently accepted off the waitlist, is the school helping at all with finding housing/loans, etc?

I'd love to get off this waitlist but I am also terrified of having to move out there on short notice and have to drop everything at home, quit my job so abruptly, and scramble to find housing and payment options.

Just withdrew my A. Hopefully it goes to one of you waiters! I know how painful the wait can be.. best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
sending positive vibes for my fellow waitlisters - the battle is not over yet!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users