2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who already did their interview, how long was the info session? I know it's mandatory with a start time of 12pm and my one on one interview is later in the afternoon.
The info session was an hour and the individual interview is scheduled to last 30 mins.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you were interviewed in the last 3-4 weeks, how long does it take to hear back?

Anyone know how many more interview dates are available?
They might wrap things up by mid-April. If you do get an interview, prepare your mind to be interviewed 2-3 days after. I got my invite on a Thursday and my interview was for the following Tuesday

Did they mention that? I just remember talking to admissions back in August and I think they said they're running behind so the interviews may be pushed to May. But that was a while ago
My own personal guess. I will say that most admission offices have been very lenient with extending their interview seasons this cycle and the previous one. A follow-up email to PCOM admissions should help/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite yesterday! It was Very short notice I’m surprised

Reactions: 2 users
I got an interview invite yesterday! It was Very short notice I’m surprised
Mine was received last thursday and my interview was earlier this week so I understand! Good luck!

For people who received communication post-II, was it usually on Tuesday/Wednesday? Also, what time of day was it?

Any interview tips from those who have interviewed for PCOM? Any tips would be appreciated

Any interview tips from those who have interviewed for PCOM? Any tips would be appreciated
Know DO And have a genuine interest. Be yourself. My interviewers were so lovely. Now I don’t know if they feel the same way about me since I'm waiting on a decision but overall PCOM was the chilliest interview I’ve had all cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Know DO And have a genuine interest. Be yourself. My interviewers were so lovely. Now I don’t know if they feel the same way about me since I'm waiting on a decision but overall PCOM was the chilliest interview I’ve had all cycle.
Agreed. Super nice people.

Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck everyone! I hope my spot goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 10 users
Anyone who interviewed in early March still waiting on a decision?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Since they are giving out WL spots, is it safe to say the class is full?

some schools will put people on a WL (or "hold") so they can compare them to the rest of the people who haven't interviewed yet.
Each school has its own system/process
Ohhh okay thanks, I didn’t know how it worked.

Since they are giving out WL spots, is it safe to say the class is full?
I do not know how accurate this is, but there are currently 263 students that have paid their deposit and have access to the PCOM portal. That is to be expected at this point in the cycle, but there are always students that give up their seats when the AAMC traffic guidelines start.

When do the AAMC traffic guidelines go into effect?

I do not know how accurate this is, but there are currently 263 students that have paid their deposit and have access to the PCOM portal. That is to be expected at this point in the cycle, but there are always students that give up their seats when the AAMC traffic guidelines start.
This sounds like a completely full class is it not?

I do not know how accurate this is, but there are currently 263 students that have paid their deposit and have access to the PCOM portal. That is to be expected at this point in the cycle, but there are always students that give up their seats when the AAMC traffic guidelines
For those of us who interviewed in late March or April, does this mean we will be waitlisted or do you think they may still hand out acceptances even though the class is pretty much full?

This sounds like a completely full class is it not?
Most med school classes fill up between the months of Jan - Mar. That doesn't mean that that is a definitive list because a lot of students give up their acceptances and move to different schools if they get off the WL somewhere else.
For those of us who interviewed in late March or April, does this mean we will be waitlisted or do you think they may still hand out acceptances even though the class is pretty much full?
IMO, I believe you are interviewing for WL spots. However, from last years thread, a lot of the students who got WL later in the cycle (like late Mar or Apr) were taken off the WL first so I wouldn't give up hope yet. Again, I am just an accepted student, so don't take everything I say as accurate

When talking to a current student he said his class is 270
Yes, PCOM takes 270 students per year. I am saying that the current entering class of 2026 is at 263 when I checked yesterday if the numbers from PCOM's gmail roster is accurate

Also, for anyone that had a waitlist/academic hold (biomed), did your initial decision disappear before you saw your most recent decision? Wondering if my portal is just glitching or if my update didn't show up yet.

Yes, PCOM takes 270 students per year. I am saying that the current entering class of 2026 is at 263 when I checked yesterday if the numbers from PCOM's gmail roster is accurate
I think that this info is very misleading and discouraging. You have to remember that that email roster list contains all students who were accepted and paid a deposit to hold their seat for matriculation this fall. That does not mean that they will definitely be attending PCOM. The email list may not even be 100% updated. A school might accept almost double the number of students they actually intend to take because they know that people will be accepted to other schools/have other opportunities, and will give up their acceptance to PCOM. This creates unpredictable movement from now until the first day of school. This is why waitlists are in place, so that as admissions starts to finalize their number of initially accepted applicants, they can accept more students from their waitlist, biomed masters program, etc. There truly is a method to the madness, we just have to trust it. I have personally networked with PCOM students (on LinkedIn, Interview Info Session, Outreach Events) who have been accepted as late as July-August! Anything can happen.

Reactions: 4 users
I think that this info is very misleading and discouraging. You have to remember that that email roster list contains all students who were accepted and paid a deposit to hold their seat for matriculation this fall. That does not mean that they will definitely be attending PCOM. The email list may not even be 100% updated. A school might accept almost double the number of students they actually intend to take because they know that people will be accepted to other schools/have other opportunities, and will give up their acceptance to PCOM. This creates unpredictable movement from now until the first day of school. This is why waitlists are in place, so that as admissions starts to finalize their number of initially accepted applicants, they can accept more students from their waitlist, biomed masters program, etc. There truly is a method to the madness, we just have to trust it. I have personally networked with PCOM students (on LinkedIn, Interview Info Session, Outreach Events) who have been accepted as late as July-August! Anything can happen.
This is public information on PCOM website. Last year, they accepted 480 students, but 270 matriculated. Stay hopeful everyone!
1650288259656.png

I agree. Alot of my friends who were waitlisted at MD/DO schools got off in May and June. Don't lose hope. Many people are declining seats in the next 2-to 3 weeks as aid packages come along.

Also, on PCOM's website under "Admission Decisions and Enrollment Confirmations," it states that April 15th, 2022 was the deadline for all accepted students to pay a non-refundable $500 deposit to hold their seat for this fall. That deadline definitely provided the admissions team with a better idea of numbers and I think now decisions will start to go out for more students.

Any words of wisdom from those who haven't heard back for a II?

If you don’t have an acceptance yet from
another school. I personally would start looking at SMP or preparing for next cycle a little bit(opens may 3rd) Better to be proactive than reactive. But always remain hopeful but realistic too