Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA) 2020-2021 Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MS2019

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I decided to make a waitlist thread for this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey look a thread for me

Reactions: 3 users
1st year biomed with deferred decision following submission of 2nd trimester grades. Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
1st year biomed with deferred decision following submission of 2nd trimester grades. Anyone else in the same boat?
Hey 👋 I wouldn't count this as WL yet, but yes in the same boat as you. I am also waiting on the same response from PCOM GA.

If you're a biomed, I've heard that the next step will most likely be getting placed on the waitlist from the hold for grades

If you're a biomed, I've heard that the next step will most likely be getting placed on the waitlist from the hold for grades
Okay! I’ve seen some Biomed’s get accepted but I’ve also heard what you just mentioned too

Ooof I hope not. I’ve maintained a 3.6 thus far in the program so hopefully that’s enough to get the acceptance

I'm a first year biomed and I was waitlisted right after my interview in January. I have a 3.68 cum GPA from the last two trimesters. I have my fingers crossed forreal.

I'm a 1st year biomed and I am also on the WL. Maybe I am thinking about this the wrong way, but I thought that they set aside seats for biomed students? So when biomeds are WL, are we WL in regards to regular admission seats or biomed seats?

I'm a 1st year biomed and I am also on the WL. Maybe I am thinking about this the wrong way, but I thought that they set aside seats for biomed students? So when biomeds are WL, are we WL in regards to regular admission seats or biomed seats?
No seats are saved for us.

I have heard through the grape vine that Biomed students fill in the last available seats, so the school prioritizes their initial acceptances and then towards end of spring assess how many spots still need to be filled. I have no opinion on the way this is done, each school is entitled to run their admissions however they feel is best. Obviously it makes me more unsure now than ever that I will come off of the WL (assuming that's the decision I get once they review my 2nd term grades like they are currently doing). Trying to still keep my focus on the positives though. It's not over until its over!

Is the waitlist the same as a delayed decision?

Is the waitlist the same as a delayed decision?
No being put on the waitlist is an actual decision, delayed is them not being able to decide a terminal decision so they keep things open.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey all was waitlisted 2 weeks ago ! just found this thread.

anyone know typical waitlist movement for this school?
When final deposits are due at schools for those holding multiple acceptances. Also some will get accepted off the waitlist at their first choice and will withdraw from PCOM so that seat will need to be filled. In the past there was a lot of movement on the list with the Committee having to meet to choose people off the waitlist. This year may be different as with everything else.

thank you !
When final deposits are due at schools for those holding multiple acceptances. Also some will get accepted off the waitlist at their first choice and will withdraw from PCOM so that seat will need to be filled. In the past there was a lot of movement on the list with the Committee having to meet to choose people off the waitlist. This year may be different as with everything else.
thank you. im praying theres more movement but will see! pcom is my top choice, but my interview experience was not the best.

This is just my take on the WL movement, but I feel that we might have less WL movement this year than last year. I have heard about students deferring their acceptances last year to this year due to the COVID pandemic that started last year. Then again, I really wish that PCOM had a ranking system on the WL so that I knew where I stand.

This is just my take on the WL movement, but I feel that we might have less WL movement this year than last year. I have heard about students deferring their acceptances last year to this year due to the COVID pandemic that started last year. Then again, I really wish that PCOM had a ranking system on the WL so that I knew where I stand.
i wholeheartedly believe they rank candidates. there is no way they review everyone when slots open up, especially if the waitlist is large. just my two sense. i have no idea, though, just my opinion!

anyone receive a WL decision yet not from their biomed program?

Nope! Heard some Biomed’s got accepted yesterday though

i wish they would tell us how many are on the waitlist ): its gonna be a long couple of months waiting

Just got that waitlist decision. Not hype about it but nothing else to do but wait it out

Reactions: 2 users
Received WL decision as well after having had a hold for grades.

Do you guys know if the final decisions are also going to be sent by email?

Just checked the main thread and it seems they're still actively interviewing. I wonder how that'll pan out for us DDs and WLs going forward

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone please verify what their waitlist email said? I received a "delayed decision". Is that the same as the email all of you received? Did your emails specifically say you were added to the waitlist?

Can someone please verify what their waitlist email said? I received a "delayed decision". Is that the same as the email all of you received? Did your emails specifically say you were added to the waitlist?
If you are added to the WL, you'll receive a separate admissions update email stating that. If all you've received is the DD email, then still consider yourself as that.

WL today. Didn't receive a separate admissions email. Just an attached letter stating I've been placed on the waitlist.

Will PCOM send out an email once the class is filled letting everyone know they are done interviewing?

i wouldnt expect any movement to happen until late may unfortunately

A $750 deposit has shown up in my portal, so I am guessing that is an acceptance!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Same, hopeful but not sure if it means much.
I was accepted to their GA campus earlier in April and yes I can confirm it means you are accepted and should be receiving an email today!

i sent a letter of intent but not sure if they ever uploaded it to my file. never got an email back after sending it