2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At this point those that didn’t get an II are likely receiving an R?
Don't give up hope. My daughter received an II on Thursday and interviewed yesterday.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have suggestions on nearby apartments to check out? Not familiar with the area around PCOM and trying to tell online what is a good choice is tough.

You can message me if you still need help! I’m a current student so I know the area pretty well.

Man not sure how I should feel right now. Crazy to see how they’re sending out next day interviews instead of looking at anyone on their waitlist this late into the cycle.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1
If they’re still sending out II’s would it be worth it to send a letter of interest? Would that possibly increase my chances of getting an II?

+1
If they’re still sending out II’s would it be worth it to send a letter of interest? Would that possibly increase my chances of getting an II?
I personally think it is worth. The worst that can happen is that is isn't looked at. I sent a letter of interest a couple of months ago and I got an interview, so you just never know.

Reactions: 3 users
I am so torn about submitting my re-app without hearing my decision (it’s been 5 weeks). I really don’t wanna waste hundreds of dollars if I end up getting the A. Do you think it’s worth it to reach out to admissions for like an estimate of when I will hear?

I am so torn about submitting my re-app without hearing my decision (it’s been 5 weeks). I really don’t wanna waste hundreds of dollars if I end up getting the A. Do you think it’s worth it to reach out to admissions for like an estimate of when I will hear?
An Admissions counselor told me that the decision to reapply is up to the individual, but it may be best to wait until you get your decision from our committee. You don't want to waste your money, and he advised that it is also still very early in the cycle for Fall '24 admission. The AACOMAS application opened about 3 weeks ago, and PCOM hasn't brought any applications into their database for the next cycle yet, so there is still some time.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey yall! If you get to 7 bars, but no second drop down does that mean its an R or waitlist? I just hit 7 bars this evening but no email and no second drop down. Getting kinda nervous.

(side question: can someone post a screenshot of what the "second drop down" looks like)

Thank you!

Hey yall! If you get to 7 bars, but no second drop down does that mean its an R or waitlist? I just hit 7 bars this evening but no email and no second drop down. Getting kinda nervous.

(side question: can someone post a screenshot of what the "second drop down" looks like)

Thank you!
ooh good luck 🤞🏼there’s a screenshot at #1440

also, yet again sorry to be that person lol, but when did u interview? I did 4/24 and still 6 bars😅😅😅

ooh good luck 🤞🏼there’s a screenshot at #1440

also, yet again sorry to be that person lol, but when did u interview? I did 4/24 and still 6 bars😅😅😅
Thanks for the screenshot!

I interviewed 05/08 and got to 7 bars this evening 05/30

Thank you!
I’m in the same boat, hit 7 today but do not see the accepted offer part of the portal so wondering if it’s an R or waitlist :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I am checking my portal every day and it has been showing 7 bars but my application is under final review. is yours showing the same? I wonder what this means.
How long did your portal show 7 bars before you got the final decision??mine has 7 bars but still has an under final review post

I’m in the same boat, hit 7 today but do not see the accepted offer part of the portal so wondering if it’s an R or waitlist :/
I got an email this morning, I have been waitlisted (the fight isn't over! lol)

I got an email this morning, I have been waitlisted (the fight isn't over! lol)
Just got the email also, waitlisted! Let’s hope there’s some movement soon! I know a lot of earlier interviewees have been waiting on that for some time now too

Has there been no waitlist movement AT ALL? Like no one, not a single one from philly campus?

It’s hard to say since not everyone who may be on the WL is on SDN. As of now no one has posted here about being taken off the WL.
Interviews should be officially over now so maybe they were waiting for that & hopefully start some movement soon

Has there been no waitlist movement AT ALL? Like no one, not a single one from philly campus?
I have been waitlisted since early October. Have sent a couple of letters to admissions, can't do anything else but wait at this point. Trying to stay positive, this is my top choice and I'm currently on 4 waitlists.

Reactions: 5 users
It’s been over 6 weeks now and still at 6 bars- should I call admissions? I really want to just know an estimate of when I will hear bc I am holding off on reapp until I do.

It’s been over 6 weeks now and still at 6 bars- should I call admissions? I really want to just know an estimate of when I will hear bc I am holding off on reapp until I do.
Really shouldn't hurt to ask at this point since you are past their stated deadline and it being this late into the cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
I just now called PCOM Philly admissions and the counselor confirmed they are still offering interviews hmm
I feel like this means they don't intend to pull alot from the waiting list this year. If they are still interviewing, they are looking at other competitive applicants that they want to accept outright. Sucks for me lol but there's always next year

I just now called PCOM Philly admissions and the counselor confirmed they are still offering interviews hmm
I also just called and the office said they are wrapping up interviews. They also said they are still giving out acceptances and that there apparently has been some WL movement here and there. Its just so odd that this cycle is nothing like the past years.

Sure shows the insanity of this process when no one can seem to get a consistent response to the same question lol

I also just called and the office said they are wrapping up interviews. They also said they are still giving out acceptances and that there apparently has been some WL movement here and there. Its just so odd that this cycle is nothing like the past years.
I just don’t get why they would even WL if they never intend to pull people and instead extend interviews so late. Seems so strange that there has been essentially no WL movement so late into the cycle :/

just spoke with admissions and they said they are running behind on decisions due to committee members being out of office and likely will not make any decisions this week

edit: also this is regarding an april interview not a WL decision fyi

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
my friend just got a pre-II R letter that made it sound like interviews are definitely over at this point

If they sent out the R wave that means their class is finally full, so WL movement will most likely stay slow and sporadic at this point until classes start, can't say it will be a predictable wave like the 15 may deadline.
The discord that has been shared previously seems small (only 150 ppl), so I was under the impression the class was not full. But maybe that is just wishful thinking :(

The discord that has been shared previously seems small (only 150 ppl), so I was under the impression the class was not full. But maybe that is just wishful thinking :(
Someone I talked to said the email list is completely full. I think accepted students just didn’t join the discord

• Sad

Sadly I wouldn’t say discord is an accurate predictor of class size as everyone accepted may have not joined or even know about it. It’s reality though that they wouldn’t start looking at the WL until after they have finished giving out all acceptances. People will still drop out from now until class starts, people here will be taken off the WL, it is just not going to be a sudden wave of WL movement like people hope unfortunately.

I am honestly glad they are finally done, it means they are going to finally pull more from the WL so seriously this is what all of us on the WL have been waiting for!

Withdrew my A. Hope it'll go to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
So now that the email list is full, will they even be considering applicants on the waitlist?

So now that the email list is full, will they even be considering applicants on the waitlist?
Only if accepted students withdraw, which does happen but I feel like there will be alot less waitlist movement this cycle

• Sad