Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard from my friend who is a biomed student at PCOM that the class is full right now, so that's probably why there are all of the delayed decision/waitlists. I think there should be some movement after this April 15 deposit and whenever MD school deposits are (in my opinion!)

(Interviewed early October/placed on hold/just waitlisted)

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from my friend who is a biomed student at PCOM that the class is full right now, so that's probably why there are all of the delayed decision/waitlists. I think there should be some movement after this April 15 deposit and whenever MD school deposits are (in my opinion!)

(Interviewed early October/placed on hold/just waitlisted)

So they are officially done with interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
So they are officially done with interviews?
When they offered me an II the only day they had available was March 30th. I'm not sure if they will add more afterwards or not, but it appears that this Friday is the last day they currently have scheduled.

Congratulations to everyone accepted!

I am a second year here and soon getting ready to head out for rotations. I know it's still early but hopefully some of you have already started looking for housing around the area. The reason I wanted to reach out to you guys, is that right now The Residences on McGinnis ferry is giving away something like $300 bucks for referring a friend. This means that you get $300 and I get $300. Also, for being a PCOM student, I believe they will also waive the security deposit!

The Residences is about 10 minutes from campus. There's a Publix within walking distance, the Suwanee Town Center and Greenway (trails/disk golf) around 2 miles away. You can catch I-85 in about 5 minutes. The actual apartment complex has access to 2 pools and a club house with a gym. Overall, my experience has been great! It's quiet (at least where I am at) and the neighbors are very nice. It's also very pet friendly, with a small dog park located close to the entrance.

If you are at all interested in living in this wonderful apartment complex, don't hesitate to contact me! Send me a private message and I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have (even about the program!).

Again, congrats to all of those accepted. To everyone still on the waitlist or waiting to hear back from interviews or whatever, hang in there!

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to everyone accepted!

I am a second year here and soon getting ready to head out for rotations. I know it's still early but hopefully some of you have already started looking for housing around the area. The reason I wanted to reach out to you guys, is that right now The Residences on McGinnis ferry is giving away something like $300 bucks for referring a friend. This means that you get $300 and I get $300. Also, for being a PCOM student, I believe they will also waive the security deposit!

The Residences is about 10 minutes from campus. There's a Publix within walking distance, the Suwanee Town Center and Greenway (trails/disk golf) around 2 miles away. You can catch I-85 in about 5 minutes. The actual apartment complex has access to 2 pools and a club house with a gym. Overall, my experience has been great! It's quiet (at least where I am at) and the neighbors are very nice. It's also very pet friendly, with a small dog park located close to the entrance.

If you are at all interested in living in this wonderful apartment complex, don't hesitate to contact me! Send me a private message and I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have (even about the program!).

Again, congrats to all of those accepted. To everyone still on the waitlist or waiting to hear back from interviews or whatever, hang in there!

just fyi --> this is the Philly thread, not Georgia.

Great meeting some of my future classmates at the brunch today!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed end of March, now waiting to hear.

I looked through some previous year's threads - looks like delayed decision is their modus operandi for Jan/Feb/Mar interviews. If it's like previous years, there'll be some action late this month or early next month and people who are delayed decision will start getting accepted or waitlisted. Some years a lot of action happens in July and people get accepted then, but last year not so much. It looks like they switch from snail mail to email decision notifications at some point in the summer.

There's the April 15 PCOM deposit, the April 30 (I think?) MD traffic deadline, and then I assume further PCOM deposits required as we go through July. Folks have been accepted off the waitlist through the end of orientation in August, so this could be a long haul of a wait.

Personally, it looks like I'm hoping for a DD by the end of April, and then hanging on to the possibility that that or a waitlist will turn into an admission. Gotta keep the faith!

:xf::xf::xf:

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed March 9th, still waiting

Received a Wait List letter today! Praying for the best for me and everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will be withdrawing my acceptance! It was a hard decision! Good luck to all waiting!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 3/30, delayed decision earlier this week. The letter says to expect a response by the end of April.

Hey guys, when accepted is there a drug test in addition to the background check? Just don't want to miss anything

Last year it seems everyone after April 15 heard on the 25. Seems like we gotta wait a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm probably moving to Manayunk. It's a neighborhood close to PCOM (about 2 miles away) with a good mix of restaurants, bars, young people. It's possible to live closer to PCOM in apartments (Apartments for Rent in Bala Cynwyd, PA - 766 Rentals) but it's usually more expensive and there is less of a community feel. Hope this helps! Does anyone know if PCOM has a second look day in the Spring?

I am also looking at Manayunk, I've heard really good things. Deciding renting townhouse vs apartment though

I officially turned down my acceptance offer. This school is amazing and it was such a hard decision, but I hope my spot goes out to one of you guys waiting!

Reactions: 7 users
Hi I interviewed 02/02/17 and was given a DD. I was wondering whether anyone who interviewed in that time frame has received a decision yet?

Hi I interviewed 02/02/17 and was given a DD. I was wondering whether anyone who interviewed in that time frame has received a decision yet?
I interviewed the same day and got DD 2 weeks after and then waitlisted shortly after.

Has anyone noticed their online portal change with a deposit link? Ppl on the PCOM Georgia forum noticed their portal changed w/ a link.

Has anyone noticed their online portal change with a deposit link? Ppl on the PCOM Georgia forum noticed their portal changed w/ a link.

Nope :/ looks like theres more movement going on at the Georgia campus compared to the Philly campus. Fingers are still crossed though and hoping for the best for all of us!

Has anyone noticed a portal change with a new line under requirements stating "$1750 DO Deposit Paid" followed by a blank in received, status and note fields? I do not have a link to pay a deposit but am wondering if my portal will be changing soon. I appreciate any input on this!

Requirements
Requirement Received Note Status
$1750 DO Deposit Paid

I interviewed the same day and got DD 2 weeks after and then waitlisted shortly after.
If you don't mind me asking how long after you got your DD did they send you a waitlist letter? I'm asking because I got my DD 2 weeks after and never heard from them again. Thanks

Has anyone noticed a portal change with a new line under requirements stating "$1750 DO Deposit Paid" followed by a blank in received, status and note fields? I do not have a link to pay a deposit but am wondering if my portal will be changing soon. I appreciate any input on this!

Requirements
$1750 DO Deposit Paid

CardMD did you notice that change today?

If you don't mind me asking how long after you got your DD did they send you a waitlist letter? I'm asking because I got my DD 2 weeks after and never heard from them again. Thanks
It was about a month after I got waitlisted. Around 3/20 for waitlist and 2/13 for DD

Hoping to hear positive news this week...or the next week...or some week in july, or maybe after I finish this long journey many years down the road.

Last edited:
It was about a month after I got waitlisted. Around 3/20 for waitlist and 2/13 for DD
Hopefully your WL didn't get lost in the mail. There was a 3/27 deadline to respond. I'm not sure if they would send an email saying they didn't receive your response?

Hopefully your WL didn't get lost in the mail. There was a 3/27 deadline to respond. I'm not sure if they would send an email saying they didn't receive your response?

My DD letter said that I can expect a response by 04/26 at the latest and I emailed admissions and they said that I should receive a response till then hopefully. I've been pretty anal about checking my mail these days too, hopefully it's good news at this point.

Requirements
$1750 DO Deposit Paid

I got the sane thing thurs Friday...any input anyone??

My DD letter said that I can expect a response by 04/26 at the latest and I emailed admissions and they said that I should receive a response till then hopefully. I've been pretty anal about checking my mail these days too, hopefully it's good news at this point.
I hope so too! Good luck!

I got the sane thing thurs Friday...any input anyone??

Based off previous years, that looks like it should be good news so congrats! Were either of you that saw your portal change waitlisted or DD?

portal just changed with a link for deposit!!

Reactions: 2 users
I am glad this week will bring good news to some people!
@kirkeh @CardMD Congratulations!

A little late to the party. Interviewed in Feb, DD mid May.

Thanks! Just received a link to pay the deposit! So excited!

Interview January...
DD in February...

ACCEPTANCE YESTERDAY!!

I never received a link to the Portal; received a snail mail letter. I checked Portal for the deposit link; the link was there but doesn't seem to be active.

Reactions: 6 users