2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when should we expect waitlist movement 🥺
Anytime. Big movement happens when that bigger deposit is due. I don't remember if that is April or May, but people make decisions with that and drop acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I just got accepted into the PCOM GA Masters in Biomedical sciences program and couldn't find a thread for accepted students. Are there any current students I can pm?

Submitted Secondary 10/29/22
Interview Invite 12/12/22
Interviewed on 12/15/22
Waitlisted on 01/12/23
If anyone was WL beyond 1/12/23 and has movement on your application, pls PM or quote this message (Thank You)

I am assuming waitlist movement will occur on May 14th, fingers crossed for earlier, because that is when a deposit is due for the other schools I was accepted at.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally reached seven bars, but I don’t see the second dropdown menu that others who eventually received A’s were seeing. Anyone else?

I finally reached seven bars, but I don’t see the second dropdown menu that others who eventually received A’s were seeing. Anyone else?
Did they just update your status? The drop-down menu is at the bottom of the page If they’ve given a decision to either WL or A.

Did they just update your status? The drop-down menu is at the bottom of the page If they’ve given a decision to either WL or A.

Yea, I was at 6 bars yesterday. I saw in the PCOM-Philly thread people had an additional dropdown menu. I only have that one so I believe that means either W or R. Hopefully I’ll find out soon. 🫠

Yea, I was at 6 bars yesterday. I saw in the PCOM-Philly thread people had an additional dropdown menu. I only have that one so I believe that means either W or R. Hopefully I’ll find out soon. 🫠
yeah if it’s at 7 bars, that means a decision was rendered. I got an email stating I had a status update and at the top of the page of the PCOM website, there was a link which had a letter stating my WL decision. At the bottom of the home page was the drop-down menu to accept or decline a spot. I would give them a call to check your status update!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
yeah if it’s at 7 bars, that means a decision was rendered. I had an email stating I had a status update and at the top of the page of the PCOM website, there was a link which had a letter stating my WL decision. At the bottom of the home page was the drop-down menu to accept or decline a spot. I would give them a call to check your status update!

Okay I will do that. Thank you!

I am still at 4 bars, application was completed on 10/02. Called in for application status this week, they said to be patient since they are still reviewing applications. Getting really anxious 🥺

Reactions: 1 users
I am still at 4 bars, application was completed on 10/02. Called in for application status this week, they said to be patient since they are still reviewing applications. Getting really anxious 🥺
No way they’re still reviewing apps…

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mean the one at the bottom of the page where it asks for a reason if you withdraw your application?
I see two dropdown list. the first list has "Withdrawal: .... " and the second list has "Withdrawal after offer: ... "

but I have reached 7 bars since last week and yet have not received a decision. others may have received the decision in the next business day.

I see two dropdown list. the first list has "Withdrawal: .... " and the second list has "Withdrawal after offer: ... "

but I have reached 7 bars since last week and yet have not received a decision. others may have received the decision in the next business day.
Oh, I’m not sure about the two withdrawal lists. After my interview, I didn’t check the portal until I received an email stating I had a status update and that’s where I saw my decision and whether to accept or decline. I would call the office tomorrow because 7 bars means you have a decision!

Oh, I’m not sure about the two withdrawal lists. After my interview, I didn’t check the portal until I received an email stating I had a status update and that’s where I saw my decision and whether to accept or decline. I would call the office tomorrow because 7 bars means you have a decision!
I called last Friday and they said they'll give me a decision this week. Others have their decisions the next business day. It looks like I am the anomaly and I'm getting concerned over this.

Last edited:
Any news of a groupme for accepted students?

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing your stats and how your interview went? And did they call you or you just received an email?
3.9 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA, 505 mcat
Thought interview went well, felt very conversational and received an email. Hope you all hear back soon, the waiting is tough. Hang in there and good luck!

Has the full 6 weeks been the average time people have heard back?

All bars are full now but no decision or drop down menu. What does this mean 🥲

All bars are full now but no decision or drop down menu. What does this mean 🥲
Is it blue or yellow? go to your “view update“ on top left. Click there and read. We, normally, can see the decision there If its a waitlist you need to accept it.

Is it blue or yellow? go to your “view update“ on top left. Click there and read. We, normally, can see the decision there If its a waitlist you need to accept it.
mine are full and blue but I do not see a drop down or a view update on the top left

I feel like there's been almost no WL movement this cycle compared to previous rounds.

Yeah same as the other person. I don’t see anything. Just a dark blue complete bar.

So I interviewed 2/6 and I still haven’t received a decision! Everytime I call or email they said a couple more weeks?! Anybody else on the same boat? I see people got WL from 2/7 interview, how are they skipping me?

Just got an II today for PCOM-Georgia! Any tips/advice?
Interview is closed file! 2 faculty members will interview you. It’s very conversational. Be ready for why medicine, why DO, some ethics questions and like regular job interview questions! Use the sdn interview feedback site for question practice with a friend or in the mirror. Maybe take a day to practice. It’s super laid back you’ll be fine! Good luck :)

Interview is closed file! 2 faculty members will interview you. It’s very conversational. Be ready for why medicine, why DO, some ethics questions and like regular job interview questions! Use the sdn interview feedback site for question practice with a friend or in the mirror. Maybe take a day to practice. It’s super laid back you’ll be fine! Good luck :)
Thank you so much! This is super helpful!!! <3

Gave up my acceptance today.. Good Luck to everyone! :)

Just gave up my A for this school, hopefully this spurs some WL movement!