Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Even a rejection would better than this waiting and anxiety.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My portal still has the same bullets points that some have said had disappeared on them. Also haven't gotten news since getting waitlisted in March. So whatever.

My portal still has the same bullets points that some have said had disappeared on them. Also haven't gotten news since getting waitlisted in March. So whatever.
same, my choices are to move to Kansas City and start getting furniture for my new apartment or wait at home, pushing moving back further and having to do all of it during orientation week.

However, on the flipside, I could move to KCMO, and buy up everything and then risk hearing good news from PCOM -_-

Members don't see this ad :)
same, my choices are to move to Kansas City and start getting furniture for my new apartment or wait at home, pushing moving back further and having to do all of it during orientation week.

However, on the flipside, I could move to KCMO, and buy up everything and then risk hearing good news from PCOM -_-
If I were in your shoes, I'd just commit to the school that accepted me. I don't think PCOM will have movement this late in the game. But I understand your situation with elderly parents :(

Reactions: 1 users

I would agree with Chowder on this one. I was in the same boat as you and have already started classes and love it so far. You may really like Kansas once you move out there

I would agree with Chowder on this one. I was in the same boat as you and have already started classes and love it so far. You may really like Kansas once you move out there

where are you currently going to school? where did you get wl'd

Anyone know if admissions is receptive to reviewing your application for the purpose of sharing what can be improved for a re-application?

Anyone know if admissions is receptive to reviewing your application for the purpose of sharing what can be improved for a re-application?
As far as I know, they don't really do that but there is always a chance I could be wrong. From what I understand, they are willing to answer questions about the actual application process and requirements, but won't do an application review about how to improve or what part of the app is holding someone back since there are so many people applying.

Hey all- did anyone who is still on the waitlist receive an update email from the admissions office today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody get anything today? (2nd day of orientation) I was hoping there would be some no shows but I guess that didn't happen

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I've heard someone being pulled off of the waitlist yesterday. That means there's still hope fam!

Reactions: 2 users
I think orientation really gets going on Monday so maybe some word will come soon. Beyond that classes are starting.

I think orientation really gets going on Monday so maybe some word will come soon. Beyond that classes are starting.
When do you think those on the waitlist should call it quits on PCOM? After Monday?

Can confirm at least one matriculant did not show up for orientation and was later struck from the group lists, so if they're keeping the class size the same someone else should get a chance. Hoping it's someone here who gets it!

Reactions: 1 users
Can confirm at least one matriculant did not show up for orientation and was later struck from the group lists, so if they're keeping the class size the same someone else should get a chance. Hoping it's someone here who gets it!

As in they didn't show up today? Or they didn't show up last Wednesday? Because they accepted someone last week during orientation already

As in they didn't show up today? Or they didn't show up last Wednesday? Because they accepted someone last week during orientation already

Admittedly the person who got off the waitlist last week might have been taking the place of the person who didn't show up to our clinical group this week - things must be working literally on a day-to-day basis now. I'll ask tomorrow and see if I can get any more info.
______
Edit: I couldn't find any admission staff or other students who knew anything new, so I wont speculate any further.

Last edited:
Hey there! Anyone here who did the PCOM-MBS (Philadelphia campus) program with an aim to get into their DO Program? How was your experience? Did you get accepted into their DO program as they say on their website for "guaranteed admission?" If you don't mind, please do share your stats during the program /MCAT score. All help will be much appreciated!