2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I noticed the list doesn't necessarily organize the rotation sites. So some of them are to be grouped either as C groups or J groups. C groups, you have just one core site. J groups, you commute between cities. For example, Jacksonville is a J group. So its group includes Jacksonville, Daytona, and New Smyrna Beach and then you would rotate amongst the hospitals within those cities. Atlanta Area is also a J group so you would rotate amongst cities within the Atlanta area. Hope this helps :)
Do you know which site is the C group core site for Florida then?

Members don't see this ad.

If I am still stuck on 4 bars, is it safe to assume ill probably get the pre II R at the very end of the cycle?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was waitlisted in December and just got the acceptance call!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
PCOM-PA, extended more A’s today for individuals who interviewed in April, I interpret this as they don’t have the number of acceptances they would prefer unlike the previous cycles. They’ve even interviewed as recently as this week.

I would assume PCOM-South Georgia does not have as many acceptances as they would like as well and I anticipate seeing more waitlist movement in the next week or two.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you for everyone who's been through this process with me. Just got accepted like 5 minutes ago. Hope to see more movement for the rest of you on the WL!

Reactions: 11 users
Thank you for everyone who's been through this process with me. Just got accepted like 5 minutes ago. Hope to see more movement for the rest of you on the WL!
Congrats! That’s awesome

Reactions: 1 user

Congratulations! When did you interview and did you send update letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! When did you interview and did you send update letters?
I interviewed February 24th, and I did send an update letter of intent after I was waitlisted in March, and then another letter of continued (lol) intent just this month. Not sure if the second one helped, since it was basically the same as the first but with more fluff, but I got in, so I'm just so happy. Sorry for the late response, I'm at work ATM.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed February 24th, and I did send an update letter of intent after I was waitlisted in March, and then another letter of continued (lol) intent just this month. Not sure if the second one helped, since it was basically the same as the first but with more fluff, but I got in, so I'm just so happy. Sorry for the late response, I'm at work ATM.

Haha no worries I am at work too, I’m just being neurotic because my fiancé and I are both on the waitlist and we interviewed in April. We also sent letters of intent so I’m being hopeful lol, but congrats again! Hopefully we will join you and the rest of the accepted students this cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
Current 4th year, 1 week from graduating. I am happy to answer any questions regarding my experience.

Haha no worries I am at work too, I’m just being neurotic because my fiancé and I are both on the waitlist and we interviewed in April. We also sent letters of intent so I’m being hopeful lol, but congrats again! Hopefully we will join you and the rest of the accepted students this cycle!
Aww that's awesome, I hope you both get in, yeah! I'm also engaged (not to another potential physician), so it'd be cool to know a couple got in! Good luck!

Hi! Does the portal look different if you’re offered seat from waitlist?

Hi! Does the portal look different if you’re offered seat from waitlist?
It'll say you have an update at the top. Then when you complete the next 2 steps, of paying the deposit and agreeing to their terms, it'll turn yellow, and say your seat is confirmed.

Any idea how many are on the waitlist?
No idea, but the discord has 54 people in it. Some of those are people who are on the wait-list, and some are 2nd and 3rd years, however.

Hoping for movement this week 🤞. Anyone know the discord count so far?

Reactions: 2 users
Some of y’all who are accepted at other schools, what are you gonna do about housing? I’m gonna give them another month, and I guess I’ll need to secure something.

Some of y’all who are accepted at other schools, what are you gonna do about housing? I’m gonna give them another month, and I guess I’ll need to secure something.
Yeah same pretty much. This school is a lot closer to home for me so gonna give it as long as possible.

From what I’ve been reading, I think starting June is the CTE deadline for some MD schools. So hopefully we should start seeing at least some sort of movement this month.

This is going to be our month to get off the waitlist!

Reactions: 6 users
Someone I know was accepted off the waitlist today. They interviewed 3/24 and were WL on 4/21.

Fingers crossed for more movement soon.

Reactions: 4 users
I saw on the Philadelphia campus forums that they sent out Pre-II rejection for all the campuses. Has this happened for South Georgia as well? If so, some people on the other forum were saying classes are full at this point and that waitlist movement will be sporadic…

I don’t feel like this school has seen much waitlist movement. I’m at the point to put a deposit down for an apartment at the school I’m accepted at.

It’s just frustrating, because I live in the area this school wants people to serve, my interview went really well, and I’ve been waitlisted since March.

I don’t get their admissions, I was placed at the top of a ranked waitlist for another school, so I know my stats are competitive. They must hate me! 😂

I saw on the Philadelphia campus forums that they sent out Pre-II rejection for all the campuses. Has this happened for South Georgia as well? If so, some people on the other forum were saying classes are full at this point and that waitlist movement will be sporadic…
I got a rejection from PCOM Ga. My heart stopped because at first I thought the application update was from South GA campus.

• Care
I’m with you though. Doesn’t seem to be much movement at all for this campus. Guess it makes sense with the class being 59 students compared to a larger class.

I’m guessing it’s safe to say waitlist movement is pretty much over? What do y’all think?