How to Get AWWay with Murder Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you were compelled to kill bjeh, then that was the wolf kill. It had to be a wolf who did it, they didn't get any other kills. I wonder if there are other mechanisms in place to allow wolves to kill without being tracked specifically to the kill.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay that is what I was thinking. Also, does anyone know if the blocker blocked Caiter? Because if they did, I don't know why she could still have ordered you to kill. But if they didn't we would have had our conversion last night.
Or more likely...the blocker is a wolf to start.

Lynch dvmd

She cant really participate which is a good cover for a wolf or just not helpful for the village. Kind of feeling like we are putting her out of her misery by lynching her.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or more likely...the blocker is a wolf to start.

But we already found a wolf blocker with Cheat's death.

Dead is Cheat - Zoe Mitchell, a WOLF who could block a player each night and would seer as a villager on odd nights

N3 Genny said she was interrogated which acted like a block
last night FB was blocked (electricity shorted to her house)

sounds like 2 different blockers with maybe one being cheat before she died and the other being an item? I had been thinking there was a village blocker but maybe that's not the case

Reactions: 1 user
Lynch dvmd

She cant really participate which is a good cover for a wolf or just not helpful for the village. Kind of feeling like we are putting her out of her misery by lynching her.

I was just about to PM the mods to replace me. It isn't that I can't participate it is that the deadlines suck on my time making it impossible to. Meh. Don't care. Either mods can replace me or mod kill me at this point. Not going to read through 17 pages of crap when the deadlines are ****ty and don't allow me to participate. And playing a game with contingencies the whole time sucks, I'm not going to do it.

sounds like 2 different blockers with maybe one being cheat before she died and the other being an item? I had been thinking there was a village blocker but maybe that's not the case
Or as the wolves die, the alpha is retaining abilities.

I was just about to PM the mods to replace me. It isn't that I can't participate it is that the deadlines suck on my time making it impossible to. Meh. Don't care. Either mods can replace me or mod kill me at this point. Not going to read through 17 pages of crap when the deadlines are ****ty and don't allow me to participate. And playing a game with contingencies the whole time sucks, I'm not going to do it.
Wasn't criticizing you at all FYI. Feel bad for you...and I always enjoy your play style. Real life and ww don't always mix well

Reactions: 1 users
I'm leaning heavily towards my blocker being non-villager. If a villager blocked me that was pretty dumb unless it was block/protection but there's no indication of that in my night results.

Sorry. Missed that.

Wasn't criticizing you at all FYI. Feel bad for you...and I always enjoy your play style. Real life and ww don't always mix well

Even less so when the ****ing night deadline is when I'm still at work. I can't even start to participate until the next day/lynch has started. It just isn't even worth it.

Deadies' Lynch Tally

Weim (1) - Kara
DVMD (1) - SOV

2/19
lynch close in ~ 4.5 hrs

Members don't see this ad :)
I had been thinking about voting for Sandy today. She posted (as a reply to a question) that Caiter's avoidance could be a village or wolf ability. She clarified that she didn't think Caiter was village after MJ commented. She lynched Wally for (what amounts to) noob posts until the Caiter lynch gained traction, and then she waffled there.

Having ISO'd her posts, I don't think these things amount to much, so I'm no longer feeling her. She's actually looking very strongly village. She was early on the Nohika lynch (3rd) and 4th on Lyra.

I like Kara's thought process for her Weim vote. For now,

Lynch Weim

I'm gonna lynch snowy.

Caiter is still the most wolfy to me but it feels like a waste to lynch her when theres a chance MJ might be able to kill her.

I'm gonna lynch snowy.

Caiter is still the most wolfy to me but it feels like a waste to lynch her when theres a chance MJ might be able to kill her.
See this is kinda why you feel wolfy to me. The reason we're not killing Caiter is because she won't die, likely until the other original is dead. You are seeming to imply that although she is wolfy she should live to let MJ take a shot, as though we could kill her. That's not how this works. If we thought she would die we'd be lynching her.

Lynch Weimmama

Reactions: 3 users
See this is kinda why you feel wolfy to me. The reason we're not killing Caiter is because she won't die, likely until the other original is dead. You are seeming to imply that although she is wolfy she should live to let MJ take a shot, as though we could kill her. That's not how this works. If we thought she would die we'd be lynching her.

Lynch Weimmama
when did we ever decide she couldn't die? because apparently i completely missed that "decision" and when I asked questions about game mechanics to figure out how or why she was not dying, no one felt it was worth answering me.

p.s. love this vote that's forming based on a weak group of comparisons to the first ever WW (and only other full length) game I ever played. so wonderful.

when did we ever decide she couldn't die? because apparently i completely missed that "decision" and when I asked questions about game mechanics to figure out how or why she was not dying, no one felt it was worth answering me.

p.s. love this vote that's forming based on a weak group of comparisons to the first ever WW (and only other full length) game I ever played. so wonderful.

Right now it looks like Caiter is the alpha. If she is, she won't be able to die until we find and kill the remaining member(s) of her pack. If we just lynch her again and don't try to identify and lynch any other wolves, we're just wasting our time.

Right now it looks like Caiter is the alpha. If she is, she won't be able to die until we find and kill the remaining member(s) of her pack. If we just lynch her again and don't try to identify and lynch any other wolves, we're just wasting our time.
ohhhhhkay thank you for that.

well if yall lynch me you're also just wasting our time so. there's that.

Lynch Weimmama
Agreed.

Also, Snowy is reading strong village to me, I don't understand the votes for her.

ohhhhhkay thank you for that.

No, we're exploring possibilities and using discussion to move forward. Lynch is only really a waste if people get lazy and don't play.

I'm gonna lynch snowy.

Why do you think Snowy is a wolf?

By the way, should be good to not be blocked tonight. Was given keys to an unmarked black van that will keep anyone from finding me during the night, so hopefully I can take out Caiter without incident. If I fail for whatever reason, we should lynch me tomorrow so that we can just lay the blocks on her instead of having to split them between her and myself.

While I did look through Telenovela to see how you play it's your lack of reads that really put you on my radar. On the Lyra lynch you only mentioned FB and then not too much later you decided there were people more suspicious than her even though she had barely posted.

Aw heck. Thanks Lyra I was searching her in the "just search words here" spot. So kinda nevermind but also the last game I played with her when she was quiet D1 she was a wolf (that we successfully murdered) so.

I do think there are more sus people than her at this point tho.

This is the kind of statement I'm talking about.

I also want to know why you think Snowy is a wolf. You mentioned that when you voted for Caiter the first time but you didn't give any reasoning

Why do you think Snowy is a wolf?
Some of her comments D1 basically seeming unwilling to just go with the nohika lynch rubbed me the wrong way and everything since then from her has felt neutral. Its not that I feel very diehard strongly that she is a wolf, but I simply don't have stronger feelings for anyone else at this point.

While I did look through Telenovela to see how you play it's your lack of reads that really put you on my radar.
That's fair because in Telenovela I kept a running doc of very meticulous notes and this game I haven't at all.

I also want to know why you think Snowy is a wolf. You mentioned that when you voted for Caiter the first time but you didn't give any reasoning

I mean, that was D2 after a D1 where there was no discussion at all sooooo there wasn't much reasoning besides what I mentioned above and vibes.

I'm home. Catching up. Feeling torn, but I have my feels on weim mama. It's for the same reasons many posted above. Not ready to put in a vote quite yet.

By the way, should be good to not be blocked tonight. Was given keys to an unmarked black van that will keep anyone from finding me during the night, so hopefully I can take out Caiter without incident. If I fail for whatever reason, we should lynch me tomorrow so that we can just lay the blocks on her instead of having to split them between her and myself.

How in the heck are you getting all these special things?! All I got was one night block. Still a step up from my first game as a pure vanillager.

You better not be no chaos MadJack...

How in the heck are you getting all these special things?! All I got was one night block. Still a step up from my first game as a pure vanillager.

Dunno, I think the wiretap was random (as it seems to be going around to random players) but I think with this item somebody is looking out for me.

Reactions: 1 users

Nah he's clean, besides being a wolf puppet occasionally

Reactions: 2 users

I really am inclined to believe you. Just had to say it out loud.

I'm sorry I've hardly participated the last two days. Busy work days. But I'm not feeling up to pulling all the posts that made me suspicious at the moment.

lynch weim mama

original.jpg

Pretty much how I feel rn

Reactions: 5 users
Bored Tator Tot Lynch Tally

Weimeroo (4) - Karaboo, PBC, coop, walleye
DVMD (1) - SOV
Snowy (1) - Weim

6/19
lynch close in ~ 1.5 hrs

Bored Tator Tot Lynch Tally

Weimeroo (4) - Karaboo, PBC, coop, walleye
DVMD (1) - SOV
Snowy (1) - Weim

6/19
lynch close in ~ 1.5 hrs

I've never gotten walleye before but I like it.

I'd really like more of an explanation about the bolder part. Why would it be a waste of time?

Also, for what it's worth, I feel like weim is likely village. I just finished work and I'm going to drive an hour home now.

For people who feel snowy is pretty village, any reasons? I had her slightly wolf leaning, but thinking maybe I missed something.

I'd really like more of an explanation about the bolder part. Why would it be a waste of time?
I was replying to PBC saying
because if I am lynched we still have wasted time and not identified and lynched another wolf because I am not one.

I'll get behind the lyra lynch as she is kinda sounding like she did all the times she's wolfed before. Keeping an eye on wally, but I hate lynching the newest players on the first day. I don't think nohika is sounding wolfy and I don't really see the point in proving she is village just to have her be wolf killed or converted. I don't think STL is lying, I just don't agree with his plan.

lynch lyra

I agree that cheat's post sounded different then her normal sketch. I would be good with a lyra lynch too. Genny also made a comment about wanting to pursue the nohika lynch and then didn't vote for her which was weird to me.

lynch cheat

wally's responses to some of nohika and lyra's posts D1 make her sound a lot more village-y. And cheat's hard pushing for wally lynch yesterday really make me think that wally is showing noobness and not wolfiness.

I don't know if I've played with caiter so I don't know how hard she defends fellow wolves when she wolfs, but I really don't like this post. Looks like she is trying to get lyra out of the lynch by saying she was seered or tracked and no feels for cheat. When one wolf was killed D1 and the two of the top contenders on D2 are wolves, I would think a fellow wolf would try to soft defend them. Also throws a vote at the other top contender wally - maybe hoping this bandwagon will win out over lyra today?

lynch caiter

In response to why I think Snowy is villager, here are some of the posts I had time to pull. Vote history for both lyra (even day 1 it looks like), cheat, and caiter. Realizing some of my playing was due to noobness. Overall feel.

In response to why I think Snowy is villager, here are some of the posts I had time to pull. Vote history for both lyra (even day 1 it looks like), cheat, and caiter. Realizing some of my playing was due to noobness. Overall feel.
But also all those votes for wolf were conveniently not for the wolf who was actually in the lead/in danger of being lynched, and then for caiter who if snowy is a wolf would have known couldn't die anyway. Again, not saying I'm hell bent on snowy being a wolf, but to me none of this says villager either when you look at the whole picture.

But also all those votes for wolf were conveniently not for the wolf who was actually in the lead/in danger of being lynched, and then for caiter who if snowy is a wolf would have known couldn't die anyway. Again, not saying I'm hell bent on snowy being a wolf, but to me none of this says villager either when you look at the whole picture.

I admit... that is an interesting way to look at things. Hmm.

Just read through most of today's posts. Busy but fun day, took the Mrs. Horseback riding.

I was replying to PBC saying

because if I am lynched we still have wasted time and not identified and lynched another wolf because I am not one.
Lynch WeimMama (One way to find out)

Still don't like the Snowy vote. I have Weim as a mild village lean due to some early questions/analysis that struck me as genuine, including her read on Snowy a moment ago.

I think I'm going to stick with my previous feelings and:

lynch jilary

as little things she keeps saying are constantly pinging my radar.

I'm not a huge bandwagon person so it gets me in trouble (see last game). I think WM has defended enough today that I'm not willing to lynch her yet. I'll comment more later tonight when I have time.

Lynch Jil

Ehh. Not feeling the WM lynch. Sounds like a frustrated villager to me. Also not feeling the Snowy lynch as strongly as I was the past couple days. Started with a wolfy lean on her, but have been getting much more villager-y lately.

Farmdoggo is good with
Lynch Jilary

Still some early game weirdness with voting that I can't get past. And nothing definitively I've marked as village lean since.