How to Get AWWay with Murder Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Night was also closed an hour early which leads me to lean towards night cancellation.
^this

Members don't see this ad.

Alright Filly, round 2.

Lynch Caiter

and AM... Coopah is already taken :p

@Filly Bay I got a good laugh reading you want Caiter as your twin :) considering your driving the bus lol so ty

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch Caiter

Lynch caiter

I also think it sounds like a night cancel, not a conversion night from the brief write up.
I think it was a well-played night cancel by a villager specifically to prevent the wolves from converting someone before we kill Caiter.

Reactions: 5 users
I think it was a well-played night cancel by a villager specifically to prevent the wolves from converting someone before we kill Caiter.
unless you're a mod like me and conversion supercedes everything else... then we just lost any hint about there being a conversion or not (see: child's play, minecraft I think?)

Members don't see this ad :)
unless you're a mod like me and conversion supercedes everything else... then we just lost any hint about there being a conversion or not (see: child's play, minecraft I think?)
Eh, it depends on how the conversion mechanism works. A night cancellation, to me, supercedes all actions as it ends the night before any actions occur. But there is no reason to believe that is correct aside from a guess on my part, it's really a mod-by-mod thing.

Eh, it depends on how the conversion mechanism works. A night cancellation, to me, supercedes all actions as it ends the night before any actions occur. But there is no reason to believe that is correct aside from a guess on my part, it's really a mod-by-mod thing.

I agree with this. If conversion is considered a night activity, then cancellation of night should prevent it. Just seems ... intuitive.

That said, it's up to the mod how to prioritize events at night, so if Trilt prioritizes conversion >> cancellation, that's just the way Trilt likes to do it... nothing wrong with it.

But if I could cancel night, I think it's a good gamble and was a good move for last night. (I can't. Wasn't me.)

Reactions: 1 users
The one thing that bugs me, though, is that typically night cancellation is a one-time activity, so if it was village-canceled, there's not much reason not to just say "hey, that was me," in my opinion. Gives a tiny bit of info to the wolves, but clears up a bigger question to the rest of us, so seems worth it.

I can also see it closing early because people had contingent moves in and/or everyone got moves in quickly. So the fact that it closed an hour early isn't quite as compelling to me.

In general, I agree it was probably canceled. I'm just not ...... quite ready to make it an 'assumption'. Yanno?

99.99% sure it is cancellation cause my little action did not occur. Unless mods forgot to tell me I was blocked again.
They also seem to have ignored my clarification question so I think they are being coy. Or lazy. Or just mean,

Reactions: 3 users
99.99% sure it is cancellation cause my little action did not occur. Unless mods forgot to tell me I was blocked again.
They also seem to have ignored my clarification question so I think they are being coy. Or lazy. Or just mean,

Boom. Guess that answers that.

Let's squeeze an extra day in today!

Me too on this. I am worried about conversion superceeding night cancel though. Does anyone know what dubz usually prioritizes? Also if we have a day assassin, caiter would be a good target...

Lynch Caiter

We just got confirmation of cancellation too. So, we got your 0.01% covered.

After an uneventful night to think it over, the community changed their mind about giving Caiter a fair trial. They felt there was enough evidence and there was no point in giving her the opportunity to twist facts.

They went to Caiter's home determined to end her life this time but she wasn't there.

No one has died.

It is now Night 5. Deadline is 11 pm EDT.

NOTE: Night may close sooner if I get all actions in.

20 players remain
Roster:
The Law Office of Annalise Keating
1. @Mr. Coopah
2. @Caiter92
3. @LetItSnow
4. @DVMDream
5. @wallydo

The Courthouse
6. @genny
9. @Filly Bay

Middleton University
11. @Coopah
12. @Mad Jack
13. @bjeh
14. @Karabiner13

The Police Station
16. @SnowshoeDog143
17. @PrincessButterCup
18. @SARdoghandler / @LadyOtheFarm (Farmdoggo)
19. @Trilt / @PippyPony (Trippy)
20. @StartingoverVet

Wes’ Apartment
22. @SandstormDVM
23. @nyanko
24. @WeimMama
25. @Jilary

The Graveyard
8. @SummerTheLynx - Meggy
21. @nohika - Todd Denver
10. @Lupin21 - Laurel Castillo
26. @LyraGardenia
- Wallace Mahoney
15. @cheathac - Zoe Mitchell
7. @Animal Midwife - Hannah Keating

This is frustrating.

Hey veterans, do wolves ever have the power to protect another wolf? Or cancel a whole day/night cycle?

I'm not that surprised by this honestly, they knew we were coming for her so if there was the possibility to protect her, I figured they would do that. (Despite that I still was coming on here to come lynch her lol.... maybe 3rd times a charm :p )

I just have the one.

Makes me feel like we might be dealing with an alpha but an outed wolf could say anything

I think we should have a twins game at some point. :p

We'd need @serher and @mmmdreamerz to be twins in that game

.... that's cold, you can change her. If you try, she could be a good puppy.

You want puppies now? What happened to kitties? On another note I found it interesting that I saw a weimmeraner puppy named Wes Gibbins today.

Me too on this. I am worried about conversion superceeding night cancel though. Does anyone know what dubz usually prioritizes?

I talked to bear and Dubz about supernatural and for at least that game night cancel would supercede all actions but I don't know if that would be the same case here

After an uneventful night to think it over, the community changed their mind about giving Caiter a fair trial. They felt there was enough evidence and there was no point in giving her the opportunity to twist facts.

They went to Caiter's home determined to end her life this time but she wasn't there.

No one has died.

And this makes me think Caiter might be an alpha. Also didn't realize day would be so short

The one thing that bugs me, though, is that typically night cancellation is a one-time activity, so if it was village-canceled, there's not much reason not to just say "hey, that was me," in my opinion. Gives a tiny bit of info to the wolves, but clears up a bigger question to the rest of us, so seems worth it.

I can also see it closing early because people had contingent moves in and/or everyone got moves in quickly. So the fact that it closed an hour early isn't quite as compelling to me.

In general, I agree it was probably canceled. I'm just not ...... quite ready to make it an 'assumption'. Yanno?

Okay, hey, it was me. Wasn't trying to be overly sneaky but didn't want wolves to target me either. It was a night blocking action I could do once. I wanted to prevent another village death and cause I wanted us to focus on lynching caiter. Never heard of an alpha wolf before if that's what's going on...

Okay, hey, it was me. Wasn't trying to be overly sneaky but didn't want wolves to target me either. It was a night blocking action I could do once. I wanted to prevent another village death and cause I wanted us to focus on lynching caiter. Never heard of an alpha wolf before if that's what's going on...
That's making me side eye you TBH because I'd think if we had a village assassin or some villager with a night kill ability they would have gone for Caiter to answer that question for us.

(and by canceling the night you prevented that possibility) (but is night cancellation ever a wolf ability? anyone?)

That's making me side eye you TBH because I'd think if we had a village assassin or some villager with a night kill ability they would have gone for Caiter to answer that question for us.
I made the assumption that was how Cheat was killed and it's usually only a one time ability correct?

I made the assumption that was how Cheat was killed and it's usually only a one time ability correct?
I also assumed that was how Cheat was killed but as for being one time ability... your guess is as good as mine haha... however I wouldn't be surprised with this many people in the game if another villager had some type of night killing ability? That was more my train of thought there.

Alright, that's cool. I just wasn't quite as ready to jump on the cancellation train as everyone, but it's been beaten to death now in any case.

Eh. I think the logic makes sense. Lynch avoidance is at least sometimes (I dunno if "more commonly" or "less commonly") a one-time thing, so minimizing Caiter's chances to kill and/or convert make sense.

Eh. I think the logic makes sense. Lynch avoidance is at least sometimes (I dunno if "more commonly" or "less commonly") a one-time thing, so minimizing Caiter's chances to kill and/or convert make sense.

Yeah I see what you're saying.. makes sense that Caiter would use her (at that point) likely only remaining night living to do something extrawolfy.