Drexel DPMS 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got in too! But I also just got into PCOM (D.O. class of 2015 off the waitlist!). I'm trying to decide what to do. I honestly don't want to wait an extra year, spend $23,000 plus living expenses (will probably total abt $40,000), and deal with the cloud of retaking the mcat/ maintain certain gpa to prove that i'm worthy. I especially hate the fact that i have to retake the mcat because my total score was pretty solid. The verbal killed me :( Lol.

What should I do???? Your input would be appreciated.

I would say DEF go to PCOM. Its a great school with a great reputation. My cousin goes there right now, and she said that its the best decision that she ever made. Getting into medical school is honestly a brutal game these days, take your shot at a medical education now, before it gets even harder. Also you'd be saving money.

I got in too! But I also just got into PCOM (D.O. class of 2015 off the waitlist!). I'm trying to decide what to do. I honestly don't want to wait an extra year, spend $23,000 plus living expenses (will probably total abt $40,000), and deal with the cloud of retaking the mcat/ maintain certain gpa to prove that i'm worthy. I especially hate the fact that i have to retake the mcat because my total score was pretty solid. The verbal killed me :( Lol.

What should I do???? Your input would be appreciated.

Yofash. Congrats on your acceptance to PCOM and DPMS.

If I were you, I would go to PCOM definitely.

It seems if you take the DPMS path, you need to take the MCAT again as well as the 3.0 GPA that all DPMS students have to achieve.

During the DPMS year, I think you will have only one or two (possibly only one) chances to take the MCAT.

That's too much risk to take. Just like what others said, getting into a medical school is becoming more and more difficult.

Go to medical school when you have an opportunity.
Don't take another risk, weighing out which path to take.
You already had enough

Good luck.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
congratz to those accepted, this is truly a blessing.

can we get a facebook group started???

i like the facebook idea! maybe everyone can message one person and that person could start it, since we are all anonymous here? I am down for starting the group if everyone wants to send me their info!

i like the facebook idea! maybe everyone can message one person and that person could start it, since we are all anonymous here? I am down for starting the group if everyone wants to send me their info!

Hey pjoojoo,
What information would you need for the facebook page? Let me know and I'll send you my information. :)

Hola DoctraDMD, name and last name would suffice so I could friend you on facebook and invite you to the group!

YAY me too me too!!!!! i realize i'm a little late, but I also got the acceptance email yesterday!!!!

good luck to those still waiting :)

and to those who have been accepted, can't wait to meet everyone!! :)

Yofash, congrats on your acceptance to DPMS and PCOM. DPMS is a great program and it will fully prepare you for your MS1 year, but at the end of the day, your ultimate goal is to get into medical school. If you've gotten an acceptance from a medical school, take it! When you all begin, Dr. Walker encourages anyone that has gotten into medical school to jump on that opportunity instead. And not to mention PCOM is one of the higher ranked D.O. schools :)

Congrats to everyone else on their acceptances! I'm sure you will see me around this summer/fall and throughout the year. If anyone has any questions about apartments, how to handle the summer, etc. please do not hesitate to ask!

Yay!!! Got mine too last friday! looking fw to meet everyone.
Couple questions then... how do we deal with the housing? They said they would provide it for this summer but do we still sign up in that housing site in that link that was sent to us? There were no clear instructions so I'm a little bit confused... Thanks for any help!

Yay!!! Got mine too last friday! looking fw to meet everyone.
Couple questions then... how do we deal with the housing? They said they would provide it for this summer but do we still sign up in that housing site in that link that was sent to us? There were no clear instructions so I'm a little bit confused... Thanks for any help!

i'm not quite sure what we need to do specifically, but one of the emails told us that Dr. Walker would send us an email with more information... maybe we should wait and see if we get an email on monday? if not i'm sure we can send her an email :)

Hey everyone,
So pjoojoo started a facebook group page so for those who have been accepted and want be part of the group--just send pjoojoo your name.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

In regards to housing in the acceptance letter at the bottom it says for summer housing information-- contact Dr. Loretta Walker via phone or email.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Quick question though... Does anyone know whether the deposit HAS to be there by tomorrow, June 6. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I can't wait to meet everyone. I hope we'll get information soon about when we can move in.

Hi everyone! It's great to meet those who joined the facebook group. As DoctoraDMD mentioned, please message me your name so that I could add you to the group.

I thought the June 6th deposit was crazy too.. I had to overnight mine so it would get there on time..

I am also still confused about the housing situation as there hasn't been much information provided. Hopefully we get the emails that we need in the upcoming week. I have to move from california so i am looking forward to that information to be able to purchase my flight ticket, etc..

Hey everyone I am new to this page but was wondering if anyone else has been put on the waitlist. I got an email saying that this morning so wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

Hola DoctraDMD, name and last name would suffice so I could friend you on facebook and invite you to the group!

Hi pjoojoo!!

I sent you my name in a private message! I look forward to being added to the group!!:D

Hey everyone I am new to this page but was wondering if anyone else has been put on the waitlist. I got an email saying that this morning so wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

I was also waitlisted... welcome to the club.

I haven't received an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist email. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

I a little late but I got my acceptance letter on friday too. I've been spending the past few days running around getting things taken care of before I leave in 13 days. Whats this about a facebook group?

pjoojoo

Sent you my info excited to be a part of the fb group!

UPPBS
Status Pre-Medical

I haven't received an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist email. Anyone else in the same boat as me?
I haven't received anything myself I'm getting nervous.

does anyone remember what Dr. Walker said abt teh immunology course for track 2 students? she said it will start in the late fall but which semester does the grade count for?

Hey guys was on the waitlist..just got in :D:D

So there is hope