Drexel DPMS 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LatinaDoctor2be

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!!! Anyone out there applying???

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I received some email invitation to apply. Thinking about it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone explain what exactly this program is? Thanks!

Hey everyone, I did DPMS 2009-2010 and am currently a 1st yr at Drexel. If you have any questions about the program feel free to ask.

Cheers

Hey everyone, I did DPMS 2009-2010 and am currently a 1st yr at Drexel. If you have any questions about the program feel free to ask.

Cheers

Hey,
I received my invite to interview last week and I was wondering do you have any advice for the interview? When did you go to interview, when were you accepted and did you have to retake your mcat in order to get your spot in the med class, or did you already have a good enough score.

any advice would be so helpful :)

Hey,
I received my invite to interview last week and I was wondering do you have any advice for the interview? When did you go to interview, when were you accepted and did you have to retake your mcat in order to get your spot in the med class, or did you already have a good enough score.

any advice would be so helpful :)

I had my interview in late March 09, got accepted end of May about 2 weeks before the program started. I was in the 2nd track, where I didnt have to retake the MCAT.

As far as advice goes for the interview, its really relaxed and low pressure. Just know your app and be confident.

hey, I have a question. Are they rolling admission? and Where will we take classes during the summer? and will it be at the same place in the fall semester?

hey, I have a question. Are they rolling admission? and Where will we take classes during the summer? and will it be at the same place in the fall semester?

Usually the decisions are all made at the end of May. Classes are held at the Centre City campus in the summer and during the year.

i applied and just received an invite to interview. They started interviewing March 18th.. im going in april :)

Members don't see this ad :)
awesome. They aren't getting my MCAT score for some reason. This is annoying...

how do you know? did they send you something in the mail?email? requesting the score? or did you call?

Just wondering because I just called to find out if my information has been processed. She told me that my application has been received but not processed, once it is processed they will know what is missing and then send me a postcard.. sounds like a lot of time.

Another applicant here. I sent in everything a couple of weeks ago. Are the interviews in person or by phone? I feel like I have read somewhere that they have been on the phone in the past but I am not sure. Good luck everyone!

Wow, the Information session I went to earlier this evening said that they didn't start interviewing until May...

Wow, the Information session I went to earlier this evening said that they didn't start interviewing until May...

Hi Andy...How was the informational session? Did they mention how many applications they get and out of those how many are offered interviews?

I applied however my application is not compete-pending Mcat scores. When I called the secretary confirmed that the committee will only review applicants for acceptance after May. 13, 2011 deadline.

According to previous posts, others have already been offered interviews...I am assuming they won't hear about being accepted until late May then??

Another applicant here. I sent in everything a couple of weeks ago. Are the interviews in person or by phone? I feel like I have read somewhere that they have been on the phone in the past but I am not sure. Good luck everyone!

the interviews are in person :)

Cheers

Hi ZeZe,

How was your interview? Would you be willing to share how to best prepare ourselves or what kinds of questions were asked? Do you get interviewed by a professor and a student?

Also, are you a Philadelphia native? What about Drexel do you like? How is the teaching at the medical school?

I have more questions but I think that is enough right now =)

Thank you!

are they supposed to send a "complete" email or anything? i feel a little lost as I have not received any sort of confirmation from them.

are they supposed to send a "complete" email or anything? i feel a little lost as I have not received any sort of confirmation from them.

you're suppose to receive a postcard saying that you are complete. But I would call them and ask them if its complete because i never received a postcard and had to call..

Hey errybody.
I received a postcard saying I was complete almost a month ago. I am still eagerly waiting for an interview. For those of you that have gotten an interview invite, Congratulations! Are these invites sent in through mail as well or is it done through email? Good Luck everybody! Hope we can all make it. :thumbup: Cant wait for an invite!:scared:

Hi ZeZe,

How was your interview? Would you be willing to share how to best prepare ourselves or what kinds of questions were asked? Do you get interviewed by a professor and a student?

Also, are you a Philadelphia native? What about Drexel do you like? How is the teaching at the medical school?

I have more questions but I think that is enough right now =)

Thank you!

My interview was very relaxed, we ended up talking about how my interviewer went to Obama's inauguration. I prepared by just going over my app, nothing special. And I only had a professor interview me.

Not a Penn native, the teaching at Drexel is pretty good, and the professors are always helpful outside of lecture.

What are the average MCAT and gpa of students accepted into DPMS?
Any of you who have gotten interviews, how do you feel about your scores if you don't mind me asking?

Also, how important is being under-represented or from a disadvantaged background? What exactly counts as disadvantaged?

Thanks!

I had my interview in late March 09, got accepted end of May about 2 weeks before the program started. I was in the 2nd track, where I didnt have to retake the MCAT.

As far as advice goes for the interview, its really relaxed and low pressure. Just know your app and be confident.

Thank you for answering my questions. What are the cut offs to be in Track 2? Would a score of 25 be track 2?

I may be a little late but I rather give it a shot than regret it. I am submitting my materials this week (although they have mcat and transcripts already).

nat1987- from my understanding if you have the mcat of 24 or above you can do track 2.

I may be a little late but I rather give it a shot than regret it. I am submitting my materials this week (although they have mcat and transcripts already).

nat1987- from my understanding if you have the mcat of 24 or above you can do track 2.

Thank you for the information...If you don't mind me asking how do you know that? Does the cut off change every year or is it definite?

My application was complete today! Hopefully, I'll get an interview :xf:

Thank you for the information...If you don't mind me asking how do you know that? Does the cut off change every year or is it definite?

Cut off is the same every yr.

Also if you dont make the cutoff but are accepted into track 1, you can take the MCAT again before classes start in the fall and you will be put into track 2.

Wrong information. Drexel wants 8s in the sciences and 7 in verbal.
If your score is 24 but, say, 10B 10P 4V, you'll be in track 1.

Wrong information. Drexel wants 8s in the sciences and 7 in verbal.
If your score is 24 but, say, 10B 10P 4V, you'll be in track 1.

Thank you...Now if a student gets accepted into Track 2 and performs well enough to enter DMS the coming year. Does the student get exempt from re-taking the same courses again?

Thank you...Now if a student gets accepted into Track 2 and performs well enough to enter DMS the coming year. Does the student get exempt from re-taking the same courses again?

If you take the final exams sure.

Hi ZeZe,
Were you part of the linkage agreement with the Drexel Medical school, and if any student gets a 3.5 or above and about a 30 on the MCAT, they get accepted into Medical School?
Thanks

I called and was told my application is complete and the next day I received the postcard telling me it was complete (3/25). Haven't heard anything since :(

Has anyone interviewed yet? And if so, can you tell us when you were complete?

I interview this week. I was complete in late january and received an invite the first week of march.

That's great LatinaDoctor! Do u mind letting us know if they told u anything about this cycle? Such as how many applicants so far? And how long it will be before letting you know of a decision?

To any one that has interviewed, were there any specific questions that they asked you or was it mainly about you. Also, how long was the interview? I am nervous because I haven't had many interviews.

That's great LatinaDoctor! Do u mind letting us know if they told u anything about this cycle? Such as how many applicants so far? And how long it will be before letting you know of a decision?

- Thank you!! I'll definitely let you guys know!! but i can tell you that from past cycles, i've read that they interview about 100 students and take about 25-30. and they usually tell us about a week before the program starts, so in June. but i'll verify this when i get there :)

anyone else interviewing on 4/14?

ME!! :)

- Thank you!! I'll definitely let you guys know!! but i can tell you that from past cycles, i've read that they interview about 100 students and take about 25-30. and they usually tell us about a week before the program starts, so in June. but i'll verify this when i get there :)

ME!! :)

Howd the interview go?

Howd the interview go?

I think it went ok. The professor asked typical med school interview questions and definitely left ample time for questions that i had...

overall, the program is amazing, and i cant wait to hear back!!!! good luck everyone!!!

p.s.

Dr. Walker came in at the beginning of our day and explained the entire program.

- they have about 225 apps
- they interview about 100
- we (they) are extremely early in the interview process
- she anticipates that interviews will run till the end of may
- we will hear about a decision as early as the first week of june
- we do get housing for the summer.

Congrats on getting into the early interview spots!

Did 225 ppl already send in their apps or are they expecting 225 apps this year? About how many ppl were in your interview group? Is the summer housing free? Also, did they mention anything about financial aid (I'm not expecting them to give much though)? Thanks.

Congrats on getting into the early interview spots!

Did 225 ppl already send in their apps or are they expecting 225 apps this year? About how many ppl were in your interview group? Is the summer housing free? Also, did they mention anything about financial aid (I'm not expecting them to give much though)? Thanks.

in all honesty, the early interviews are trivial because they don't evaluate the applicants they interviewed until they have interviewed EVERYONE.

they're expecting about 225 apps this year.

there were 4 ppl at the interview (but she said its because its still early in the process)

summer housing is free- the 6 weeks that the summer program lasts is what they provide housing for- its a time for you to look for actual housing for the upcoming semester because orientation is the first week of aug, so they expect us to have found housing by then and the program ends the last week of july.

if accepted to the program, the day of the summer program orientation (june 20th) they will have reps from fin aid to tell us everything and to help us out. Dr. Walker did mention that it'd be preferable for us to fill out our FAFSA now, so that when june 20th comes, its easier for the reps to help us out.

-let me know if you have any more questions :)

good luck to those waiting for interviews :)