Drexel DPMS 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pjoojoo or anyone that interviewed last week/today, did they mention anything about when decisions would be made?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

There were four DPMS students yesterday including myself. Apparently, there were or will be about 60 applicants interviewed this season for 25 to 30 positions. Ms. Walker said that they receive about 20 more applications at the deadline and they will be looking over them this week. They will likely make final decisions on who to accept the first week of June so sit tight.

congrats! Whats the date? When were you complete? I am still waiting..:(

I was complete late last month, but they were waiting on a couple of items which they should have received early this month. Good luck to all.

Hey everyone! I'm new to this thread. I just got an invitational email today so I'm definitely excited. My dilemma is that I'm currently in a rigorous pre-med academic program that doesn't end until July 15. Is the first 6 weeks of the DPMS program absolutely necessary? Is there any way around this, or any way to make it up? I am definitely interested in the DPMS program, but I cannot drop out of my current program half-way through. Any advice on this? :(

Hey everyone! I'm new to this thread. I just got an invitational email today so I'm definitely excited. My dilemma is that I'm currently in a rigorous pre-med academic program that doesn't end until July 15. Is the first 6 weeks of the DPMS program absolutely necessary? Is there any way around this, or any way to make it up? I am definitely interested in the DPMS program, but I cannot drop out of my current program half-way through. Any advice on this? :(

My understanding is that you need to attend the summer, no way around this. Call them up anyway to make sure.

Hi Friends,

My application was complete May 13. (They thought I was missing a transcript but thankfully FedEx tracking proved they had it for a week). Yesterday was the happiest day I could yet imagine after I received the email interview invite. After reading, "Thank you for your interest in...," I almost deleted it, as the myriad of rejections so frequently begin this way.

Anyhoo, for those of us who have bitten off all of our nails and are a little OCD, it is my understanding that the following dates will wrap up the 2011 interviews: May 23, 24, 25, 26, and 31. I will be there on May 24, ulcer permitting. ;)

Be confident that you have put in the hard work; there is nobody else in the world like you and eventually some program, hopefully this one, will appreciate all that you offer. Regardless of how this goes down, there are more rocks to overturn. I could reconstruct a thick tree with prior rejection "letters." Never Give Up.

Those of you who have interviewed, can you please share your experience?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Friends,

My application was complete May 13. (They thought I was missing a transcript but thankfully FedEx tracking proved they had it for a week). Yesterday was the happiest day I could yet imagine after I received the email interview invite. After reading, "Thank you for your interest in...," I almost deleted it, as the myriad of rejections so frequently begin this way.

Anyhoo, for those of us who have bitten off all of our nails and are a little OCD, it is my understanding that the following dates will wrap up the 2011 interviews: May 23, 24, 25, 26, and 31. I will be there on May 24, ulcer permitting. ;)

Be confident that you have put in the hard work; there is nobody else in the world like you and eventually some program, hopefully this one, will appreciate all that you offer. Regardless of how this goes down, there are more rocks to overturn. I could reconstruct a thick tree with prior rejection "letters." Never Give Up.

Good god. I got the completed application confirmation email on May 2. Still no interview notice them. I'm biting my nails.

If I don't hear from them until May 25, it safe to say that I got rejected?

I recently got the invitation for interview as well. Any feedback and suggestions for those who interviewed already? I could appreciate if you guys could give us an idea of what things they asked so I could prepare. Had other postbac interviews and they didn't go very well so it would be nice to know the format of their interviews...

I recently got the invitation for interview as well. Any feedback and suggestions for those who interviewed already? I could appreciate if you guys could give us an idea of what things they asked so I could prepare. Had other postbac interviews and they didn't go very well so it would be nice to know the format of their interviews...

My interview was formal but low stress. Some applicants felt their interview was more conversational. It depends on the interviewer, I guess. Anyway, mine went well overall. My interviewer asked general questions like "Why Drexel?", "Why medicine?" "Tell me about yourself." etc. Be prepared to answer these and like questions. Review your essay and any pertinent information you included in your application. I would also review health care reform just to be on top of the issue (i.e. pros and cons). The most important thing is to be yourself and be honest. Check the interview feedback section for Drexel for more info.

Hi guys I'm new to this thread! :) I interviewed on 4/26 and now waiting. This next week or two weeks of waiting is killing my nerves:scared:! Hopefully we find out soon with good news! Good Luck everyone!

Hey guys, I am interviewing for DPMS this Thursday the 26th. Do any of you know the admissions stats? How many people applied?, how many people interview? and i know that they take around 25 to 30 kids, so I was wondering what my chances are after the interview. Thanks!

There were 6 applicants today. The interview was chill and conversational. Drexel is awesome. I hope we all get in. Don't stress. Good luck to all! xx

ok so we should hear in about a week to 2 weeks?

when does the summer session start, like exact dates?

We receive an acceptance email next Wednesday or Thursday. We move in June 19 and start June 20.

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have been looking into this program for fall of 2012. I know its early, but with rolling admissions I am beginning my applications now (personal statements/ recs). When did you guys apply? Did you submit an updated transcript after your application was complete? My GPA is pretty crappy right now, and I would really benefit from spring semester grades. Any advice?

Hey guys,

I interviewed yesterday and it was about 12 of us. They have one more interview on Tuesday and they have their sit down to discuss all 100 interviews on Thursday. They said that they will have final decisions next week by Friday!!!! Good luck to you all!!

Wow seems like later than other years.. It also seems like more people than other years... Some people were saying they interview only 60 applicants.. Needless to say it's going to be a very slow week! Good luck to all of us :) thanks for letting us know angel!

OOOoooooOOOOo So anxious I don't know how I am going to manage to wait all week for a response. Good luck to everyone!!!! :thumbup:

Anyone interview yesterday? How was the last day of interviews and any news from adcom??

:luck:

I was there yesterday, there were about 12 of us the day went great. Dr. Walker said all decisions will be out on friday. Good luck to everyone! :xf:

One more day?? I was reading last years forum and they started finding out this afternoon....GAHHHHHHHH I feel like throwing up

I'm new to this forum but I had my interview on May 31st. One more day and I find out if I need to up root from San Diego to move to Philly.:eek:

One more day?? I was reading last years forum and they started finding out this afternoon....GAHHHHHHHH I feel like throwing up

Agreed. Holding my breath tonight at the Uhaul rental counter in Los Angeles.

Good luck everyone!! I may just be checking my email all day long! Lol:xf:

'Twas the night before Christmas...and who can freakin' sleep? :luck: :xf: Congratulations in advance, future doctors! Drexel is awesome and so are you!

I called the office yesterday and they said that they are going to notify people next week... hopefully that's not true.:xf:

yaaaay i got in!.. who else will i see in the fall

Just got accepted via email!!! So excited, can't wait to see everyone else on the 20th :)

it was by email approximately an hour ago. You should hear from them soon

Got an acceptance email too! looking forward to meeting everyone in the fall! (email was about an hour ago)

Yea I got in!! Got an email at 11:55 :) Soo happy---- look forward to seeing you all in about two weeks :)!!

I got in too! But I also just got into PCOM (D.O. class of 2015 off the waitlist!). I'm trying to decide what to do. I honestly don't want to wait an extra year, spend $23,000 plus living expenses (will probably total abt $40,000), and deal with the cloud of retaking the mcat/ maintain certain gpa to prove that i'm worthy. I especially hate the fact that i have to retake the mcat because my total score was pretty solid. The verbal killed me :( Lol.

What should I do???? Your input would be appreciated.

the whole point of doing one of these programs is to strengthen your candidacy so that you can get into a school. if you already got in than there's really no point in spending the extra $ on a program that you don't need. but really, its all about how well you feel you're prepared for med school....

not to mention the fact that you'd be helping ppl like me who haven't heard back so probably didn't get in on during the initial decisions....

anyway, I hope you pick what's best for you. good luck!

I got in too! But I also just got into PCOM (D.O. class of 2015 off the waitlist!). I'm trying to decide what to do. I honestly don't want to wait an extra year, spend $23,000 plus living expenses (will probably total abt $40,000), and deal with the cloud of retaking the mcat/ maintain certain gpa to prove that i'm worthy. I especially hate the fact that i have to retake the mcat because my total score was pretty solid. The verbal killed me :( Lol.

What should I do???? Your input would be appreciated.

Yofash, congrats on your acceptance to DPMS and PCOM. DPMS is a great program and it will fully prepare you for your MS1 year, but at the end of the day, your ultimate goal is to get into medical school. If you've gotten an acceptance from a medical school, take it! When you all begin, Dr. Walker encourages anyone that has gotten into medical school to jump on that opportunity instead. And not to mention PCOM is one of the higher ranked D.O. schools :)

Congrats to everyone else on their acceptances! I'm sure you will see me around this summer/fall and throughout the year. If anyone has any questions about apartments, how to handle the summer, etc. please do not hesitate to ask!

I feel ya, man. I haven't heard anything either. I've been refreshing my inbox all day...

Same here =/ This waiting sucks, I rather just know and get it over with. Congrats to everyone that got in!