Drexel DPMS 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
in all honesty, the early interviews are trivial because they don't evaluate the applicants they interviewed until they have interviewed EVERYONE.

they're expecting about 225 apps this year.

there were 4 ppl at the interview (but she said its because its still early in the process)

summer housing is free- the 6 weeks that the summer program lasts is what they provide housing for- its a time for you to look for actual housing for the upcoming semester because orientation is the first week of aug, so they expect us to have found housing by then and the program ends the last week of july.

if accepted to the program, the day of the summer program orientation (june 20th) they will have reps from fin aid to tell us everything and to help us out. Dr. Walker did mention that it'd be preferable for us to fill out our FAFSA now, so that when june 20th comes, its easier for the reps to help us out.

-let me know if you have any more questions :)

good luck to those waiting for interviews :)

Thanks for all the info!!!

Good luck to you in the process. I'm rooting for you! lol :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

congrats on being an early interview and thanks for the info :) makes me feel better to know that they say it was an early interview.. no word yet over here.. anyone else hear something?

Members don't see this ad :)
nothing over here.. I haven't even received a postcard saying that I am complete. I sent in everything at the beginning of March... tried emails and calls but no response..

nothing over here.. I haven't even received a postcard saying that I am complete. I sent in everything at the beginning of March... tried emails and calls but no response..

hey, what number are you calling? i always called 215-762-4692, around 4pm. maybe that'll work. (also, it took about 4-6 weeks for my app to be complete)
:luck:

hey, what number are you calling? i always called 215-762-4692, around 4pm. maybe that'll work. (also, it took about 4-6 weeks for my app to be complete)
:luck:

yea that's the number I tried. straight to voicemail every time.. i'll keep trying. thanks for your suggestions :) I hope you hear back soon!!

yea that's the number I tried. straight to voicemail every time.. i'll keep trying. thanks for your suggestions :) I hope you hear back soon!!

I received a postcard a couple of weeks ago and today also received an email. I did not know that I was supposed to release my mcat scores to them. :oops: Hopefully I'll be considered complete soon!

The email was from Thelicia Hill. Maybe you can email her directly about the status of your application?
[email protected] Her signature says she's MFS, MCS and DPMS Academic Administrator.

hopefully this doesnt sound mean, but when you call a voice recording comes up and you have to select an option (which i think is 4) and then you are transfered to the DPMS office... do you mean that when you are transfered it goes to voicemail? :confused:

The direct email helps! I will try that and see how it goes. When I call the number I press 2 for the DPMS office and then it's a voicemail by the same lady you emailed. I have left a couple of messages too but no calls back :( i'll try her email!

The direct email helps! I will try that and see how it goes. When I call the number I press 2 for the DPMS office and then it's a voicemail by the same lady you emailed. I have left a couple of messages too but no calls back :( i'll try her email!

Good luck :)

I received a postcard a couple of weeks ago and today also received an email. I did not know that I was supposed to release my mcat scores to them. :oops: Hopefully I'll be considered complete soon!

The email was from Thelicia Hill. Maybe you can email her directly about the status of your application?
[email protected] Her signature says she's MFS, MCS and DPMS Academic Administrator.

what did the postcard say a couple of weeks ago?

finally got a complete email from the office! For the people who aren't complete yet, you should follow up with them (email/call).

Members don't see this ad :)
yay!!! hopefully you'll hear about an interview soon!!:luck::xf:
Did they email you with the interview invite? and did they contact you at all before the invite via email? to let you know you were complete? I haven't heard from them at all through email, all contact has been via mail or when I called the office myself. Just want to know if I should keep obsessively checking my email :)

Did they email you with the interview invite? and did they contact you at all before the invite via email? to let you know you were complete? I haven't heard from them at all through email, all contact has been via mail or when I called the office myself. Just want to know if I should keep obsessively checking my email :)

:laugh: yes, keep obsessing over your email!!!!!!

i only contacted the office to see if my app was complete.

Hey guys, I applied about a week ago and was marked complete today. Hope it wasn't too late to send in the app! Good luck to you all:)

Wow, I didn't know they interviewed up to 100 for a class of ~30. Just curious.

Any Qs anyone has just ask... in general the offices for the post-bacc program are nowhere as well oiled as the medical school admissions process. They indeed take awhile to get back to you to notify you of an interview- either mentioned by email or via a phone call. All interviews are in person with a faculty, physician, and they will try soliciting previous dpms members there for you to talk with on your interview day for the student interview.
Post interview-- you can hear that you've been accepted within 2 weeks or as late as a few days PRIOR to the program beginning in July. That's right...you can hear from them that late!!
For those of you who have your apps complete-- congrats...that's one good step in the right direction. If you're still waiting on hearing for interviews just be patient-- they want students in this program. If you want interview tips message me and I'll go more in depth about the program and success. I'm very motivational :) and I've been through it in addition to helping out alot of others. And yup, currently a med student and that's always good to know for help/support and connections :)
Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
I received a rejection email pre-interview. When I called to ask why, they told me I had strong credentials but I am not disadvantaged enough.

I guess moving to a new country, growing up with my parents working as housekeepers, receiving government aid, having no physicians in my family, having no health insurance (ever), and personally working throughout high school and college doesn't make me disadvantaged enough.

Or its because I am an Asian Indian.

Good luck to the rest.

I guess moving to a new country, growing up with my parents working as housekeepers, receiving government aid, having no physicians in my family, having no health insurance (ever), and personally working throughout high school and college doesn't make me disadvantaged enough.
Hmm... I think the reason you got rejected is how you describe it in your essay. They're not simply looking for disadvantaged students; they want to know how being disadvantaged affected you personally, your family members, your academic progress AND how you've grown from your situation and what you've made of it.

PS: I took a look at your earlier posts on the forum: Your MCAT score improved significantly, and it's a very good score, too. DON'T RETAKE IT. Try to apply this cycle and see how it goes.

Last edited:
I finally received an email stating that my application is complete. I really hope it doesn't take 6 weeks to get an interview invite :confused:

Has anyone else who's complete received an invite?

Did they tell you anything about financial aid? do you wait until you start the program to apply for that school or can submit early?

I think it went ok. The professor asked typical med school interview questions and definitely left ample time for questions that i had...

overall, the program is amazing, and i cant wait to hear back!!!! good luck everyone!!!

p.s.

Dr. Walker came in at the beginning of our day and explained the entire program.

- they have about 225 apps
- they interview about 100
- we (they) are extremely early in the interview process
- she anticipates that interviews will run till the end of may
- we will hear about a decision as early as the first week of june
- we do get housing for the summer.

Did they tell you anything about financial aid? do you wait until you start the program to apply for that school or can submit early?

if accepted to the program, the day of the summer program orientation (june 20th) they will have reps from fin aid to tell us everything and to help us out. Dr. Walker did mention that it'd be preferable for us to fill out our FAFSA now, so that when june 20th comes, its easier for the reps to help us out.

Hey guys! Is there anyone out there with interview invites for the month of May? Does anyone know the dates they gave out?

And I was reading previous DPMS forums from previous years. Maybe we can start figuring out how many ppl interviewed for certain dates?

Good luck to all!

Hey guys,

Next wave of interviews are out I am guessing. Got an email this morning with May 11th and 16th options. I am still deciding which one to choose.

Latindoctor, any interview tips would be greatly appreciated :)

by the way i meant to type Latinadoctor :)

So it looks like these are the dates of interviews (that have passed and are coming up).

March 18
April 14
April 28
May 11th
May 16th

I'm having a hard time thinking that they interview 100 applicants.... I've heard they interview 60-70..... Is there any validity to this? I'm reeeeally hoping its 60 and not 100, just sayin....

Are there any other interview dates that anyone knows about??

Hey guys, I'm new to the thread. I just got an interview invite for May 11 or May 16th as well, but I wasn't able to make either date so I'm actually going this Thursday (May 5th). I'm not sure if this is another date that they have made available to everyone or if this is just for my circumstance. Anyhow, I'm kind of nervous/thrilled about this opportunity and I'll be sure to post something as soon as I get back.

Any current DPMS students or anyone else who has had an interview want to share some important info regarding the whole interview process? How long are we actually sitting down face to face in a formal interview? Are there other things planned for the day other than the actual interview? Thanks.

Hey guys,

Next wave of interviews are out I am guessing. Got an email this morning with May 11th and 16th options. I am still deciding which one to choose.

Latindoctor, any interview tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Congrats pjoojoo!!!!! Tips ummmm, i googled a whole bunch of typical med school questions and sorta went thru what i would say if i got asked that question. it put me a bit more at ease bc i had a sense of what i would say.

also, i would eat breakfast!! you get there at 9am and you wont have lunch til like noon - not sure if you'd want your stomach to make loud noises during your interview... you wont know the exact time of your interview until you arrive and sign in- i got there at 9am but my interview wasnt til 11am. when you first get there you'll speak with dr walker and you're allowed to ask her questions :)

So it looks like these are the dates of interviews (that have passed and are coming up).

March 18
April 14
April 28
May 5th
May 11th
May 16th

I'm having a hard time thinking that they interview 100 applicants.... I've heard they interview 60-70..... Is there any validity to this? I'm reeeeally hoping its 60 and not 100, just sayin....

Are there any other interview dates that anyone knows about??

umm, other threads have said about 60-70 but dr walker mentioned that there would be around 100... so... idk :rolleyes:

Hey guys, I'm new to the thread. I just got an interview invite for May 11 or May 16th as well, but I wasn't able to make either date so I'm actually going this Thursday (May 5th). I'm not sure if this is another date that they have made available to everyone or if this is just for my circumstance. Anyhow, I'm kind of nervous/thrilled about this opportunity and I'll be sure to post something as soon as I get back.

Any current DPMS students or anyone else who has had an interview want to share some important info regarding the whole interview process? How long are we actually sitting down face to face in a formal interview? Are there other things planned for the day other than the actual interview? Thanks.

usually the interview is about 30 minutes, mine ran like 40-45 min, it really depends on your interviewer and how many questions you ask.

you speak with dr walker, have one interview, get a tour, and eat lunch with current or past DPMSers. your day ends around 1pm

best of luck to everyone with interviews coming up!!! :luck::xf::)

March 18= ? interviewees
April 14= 4 interviewees
April 28= ? interviewees
May 5th= 1?
May 11th= ?
May 16th=?

Aaaand has anyone else interviewed already?

Last edited:
I ended up scheduling my interview for the 11th. If anyone is interviewing that day let me know so we could maybe meet up ahead of time!

Hey Guys,
I'm currently a 1st year and completed DPMS last year. If you interviewed, you might have already met me, as I sat in on lunch with some of you for the last few interview days. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! Good luck with everything <3

When is the deadline for the program and when will the adcom meet for final decisions??

Hey all,

Does anyone know when the final round of interviews may be? I haven't received any news yet and was wondering if the e-mails for the all the interviews have been sent out. My app was complete around April 21st.

Good Luck to everyone!!

Hey all,

Does anyone know when the final round of interviews may be? I haven't received any news yet and was wondering if the e-mails for the all the interviews have been sent out. My app was complete around April 21st.

Good Luck to everyone!!

I was complete on 4/27 and called yesterday to get an update. I was told that my application is currently with the admissions committee and that I should hear from them within a week or two (which to me sounds like a long time since this program starts in a month). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll email me for an interview soon!

Hey, has anyone heard from the program recently? The last email or postcard I received from DPMS was 3 wks ago? Anyone know a good time I can call into the office so I can ask them the status of my application? Everytime I call, I get voicemail.
Really worried :(

I was complete on 4/27 and called yesterday to get an update. I was told that my application is currently with the admissions committee and that I should hear from them within a week or two (which to me sounds like a long time since this program starts in a month). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll email me for an interview soon!

so in earlier posts, ppl mentioned that interviews were given until the last week of may, so you def still have a chance!! :) :)

Hey, has anyone heard from the program recently? The last email or postcard I received from DPMS was 3 wks ago? Anyone know a good time I can call into the office so I can ask them the status of my application? Everytime I call, I get voicemail.
Really worried :(

I usually called around 330 or 4pm :)

Hey guys,

So I e-mailed the office yesterday asking for the status of my application and when the last round of interviews would be. This morning I surprisingly recieved an e-mail to interview. The two dates that were available to me were May 19th and May 23rd.

Oh and for those of you still waiting. There is still hope!! Dr. Walker e-mailed me back saying that the adcom is supposed to review more applications tomorrow.

Good Luck to everyone!!

Hey Sparky,

What email address did you use? was it the medicalsciences one? I also emailed them and never received a response/...

March 18= ? interviewees
April 14= 4 interviewees
April 28= ? interviewees
May 5th= 1?
May 11th= ?
May 16th=?
May 19th= ?
May 23rd= ?

I was reading previous years forums and was trying to compile a similar timeline of the interview dates and how many ppl interviewed each day... Feel free to update :)

Deadline is May 14th? Soooo decisions should be made.....???

good luck to all

March 18= ? interviewees
April 14= 4 interviewees
April 28= ? interviewees
May 5th= 1?
May 11th= ?
May 16th=?
May 19th= ?
May 23rd= ?

I was reading previous years forums and was trying to compile a similar timeline of the interview dates and how many ppl interviewed each day... Feel free to update :)

Deadline is May 14th? Soooo decisions should be made.....???

good luck to all

this whole waiting game is killing me :scared:

in previous posts, they heard back as early as June 3rd, so im sorta hoping we'll hear back around that time or sooner :) :xf::rolleyes::D

Hey there!

How did the interview go? What did you do to prepare for the interview? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

THANKSSS

So becuase I'm bored and anxious.... Here's a list of previous acceptance dates (based off of previous years forums)

2006= 5/11
2007= 6/7
2008=5/22
2009=5/29
2010=6/3

2011=???????????????:smuggrin::eek::scared:

Hey there,

The day at Drexel really surpassed my expectations. Everyone running the program is extremely nice and they seem genuinely interested to help you out. I didn't really feel anxious or under pressure. The interview went great I think. It was very conversational. The questions pertained mainly on my previous experiences and general information like why do you want to do this program, etc. To prepare for the interview I just reread over my application and researched the university history.

I was surprised to see how much the interviews were treated as med school interviews and only briefly addressed the postbac. They kept reemphasizing that this is basically your med school interview since there won't be any other interviews and you are only expected to meet the contract in order to have your med school seat (not an easy task, I hear!).

Very positive experience overall! They are interviewing all month long so for those who haven't heard yet, don't worry, there is still plenty of time!

Good luck everyone!

So becuase I'm bored and anxious.... Here's a list of previous acceptance dates (based off of previous years forums)

2006= 5/11
2007= 6/7
2008=5/22
2009=5/29
2010=6/3

2011=???????????????:smuggrin::eek::scared:

ppl used to hear back in MAY????!!!!!!!! :confused: i'm jealous :(

can't wait to hear back!!!:luck::xf:

Hey there,

The day at Drexel really surpassed my expectations. Everyone running the program is extremely nice and they seem genuinely interested to help you out. I didn't really feel anxious or under pressure. The interview went great I think. It was very conversational. The questions pertained mainly on my previous experiences and general information like why do you want to do this program, etc. To prepare for the interview I just reread over my application and researched the university history.

I was surprised to see how much the interviews were treated as med school interviews and only briefly addressed the postbac. They kept reemphasizing that this is basically your med school interview since there won't be any other interviews and you are only expected to meet the contract in order to have your med school seat (not an easy task, I hear!).

Very positive experience overall! They are interviewing all month long so for those who haven't heard yet, don't worry, there is still plenty of time!

Good luck everyone!

Good luck!
How many ppl were they interviewing that day?