Drexel DPMS 2016 - 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you a re-applicant or first timer?

• Total voters

RealityDream

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!
Drexel DPMS 2015-2016 thread has been a great supporter. The application for next year (2016-2017) is not release until October 15, 2015 (around there), but I would like to get this thread going for those who want to re-apply after strengthening their current stats or new to the program. Let's not get too crazy with the status updates seen on the website. It makes everyone nervous. Let's use this thread to support one another.
Now, who's with me in re-applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Goodluck to everyone who will be reapplying. Im not wasting my time with the process again. I plan to take about 40 upper level science courses at my university and retake the mcat. Ill cast a broader net by applying to many schools the traditional route. Time to work harder than ever...

Reactions: 2 users
I will be re-applying to this for sure, but I will probably apply the traditional route as well as apply to other linkage programs, such as temple ? are there any other linkage programs that people know of ?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will be re-applying to this for sure, but I will probably apply the traditional route as well as apply to other linkage programs, such as temple ? are there any other linkage programs that people know of ?

Same here!
I don't think there are many with a linkage though tbh I only know of this and temple

There's Ohio Medpath and Michigan ABlE but for these two programs, you have to apply through AMCAD and the admissions committee will need to refer you to apply and go through the interview process.

Im going to reapply to Drexel and maybe Temple next year too and also apply traditional next cycle.

I'm interested in applying to this program. I just started researching more about it, maybe because I'm scared of actually applying to med school... I plan on applying to both simultaneously.

Just curious, what do you think hurt your DPMS app the first time around?

Reactions: 1 users
To be honest I have a poor GPA and poor MCAT score. I was talking to someone who got accepted to DPMS, and she told me that the Dean of admissions told her that they were looking for people with either a low GPA/good MCAT or good GPA/low MCAT combo.

Maybe I was too much of a liability with both of them being low? Not sure, still licking my wounds though from that rejection.

I'm hoping that if I take the MCAT and score high enough I'll have a better shot next time

Aside from the ones already mentioned, Wake Forest offers a similar program.

If you live in NYC and apply traditionally, there is the AMSNY/SMBS program in which if a school really likes you but think you may need some work with your grades they will accept you in a one year linkage program thats all paid for. There is no way to apply directly to this program I believe you just have to be selected for it.

If you live in NYC and apply traditionally, there is the AMSNY/SMBS program in which if a school really likes you but think you may need some work with your grades they will accept you in a one year linkage program thats all paid for. There is no way to apply directly to this program I believe you just have to be selected for it.
NYC? So Long Island wouldn't count ? Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Aside from the ones already mentioned, Wake Forest offers a similar program.

I believe wake changed theirs, so there's no longer the conditional acceptance.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! I just read that somewhere

Hey guys. I got rejected post interview from the Dpms program post interview on June 2nd like many others, but yesterday the premed/prehealth called me and asked if I wanted to be considered for other post Bacc programs. I called and am being considered for the ihs program. My interview is Monday. I just wanted some advice on whether you guys think this program is worth pursuing. thanks in advance :)

Hey guys, I interviewed for both Ohio State's Medpath and Drexel's DPMS and got accepted to both. I'm going to OSU, but if you have any questions about either of the program's application process or interview days let me know! FYI they just officially changed DPMS into a 1 years masters program, so that should help with financial aid

Hey guys! Although I didn't get into DPMS this year, I got a call from Drexel saying I was accepted into the MSP-MBS program. Did anyone else? I've been looking for the thread but i can't find it. Which is strange.

Yeah I got a call saying I was accepted into that program as well. Not sure if I'll do it though

I got accepted into the MSP-MBS program also

well folks...i sent in my deposit today...i'll be attending in August

Reactions: 3 users
Is this thread still active? I stumbled across this while researching the DPMS and Temple programs...

Is this thread still active? I stumbled across this while researching the DPMS and Temple programs...
I think this forum will start to pick up as it gets closer to the application release date.

I'm going to be a first time applicant so I'll be looking forward to this forum ^^

I think this forum will start to pick up as it gets closer to the application release date.

I'm going to be a first time applicant so I'll be looking forward to this forum ^^

I'll be a first time applicant as well and I'm very anxious... this forum will hopefully keep me sane during the process and be as helpful as the others. I'm pretty much putting all my eggs in this basket for multiple reasons. Wishing you early luck!

To be honest I have a poor GPA and poor MCAT score. I was talking to someone who got accepted to DPMS, and she told me that the Dean of admissions told her that they were looking for people with either a low GPA/good MCAT or good GPA/low MCAT combo.

Maybe I was too much of a liability with both of them being low? Not sure, still licking my wounds though from that rejection.

I'm hoping that if I take the MCAT and score high enough I'll have a better shot next time

Would you mind sharing your stats?

I'm applying to the DPMS this year as well!

Last edited:
Ugh, I have work during all of those times. What's the format of the webinar? Maybe I can finesse something

Ugh, I have work during all of those times. What's the format of the webinar? Maybe I can finesse something
The webinar took about an hour and the two moderators went over 6 programs that Drexel offers (PMED, IMS, MBS, DPMS, MMS, and IHS). After going over the details for each program, they took questions and answered everything pretty well. If you attend the webinar and stay until the end, your application fee gets waived when you apply.

hmm I want to get into DPMS, what were your stats (people who were accepted)

There is also a program at Touro university in Nevada if anyone is interested in D.O or PA.

Are there any other direct linkage programs anyone plans on applying to? I know Temple has one as well.

Are there any other direct linkage programs anyone plans on applying to? I know Temple has one as well.
Temple ACMS, Georgetown GEMS, Ohio MEDPATH, Uni of Illinois PAP, Meharry MBS, Mich State ABLE, FSU Bridge, Indiana has one too.
Some of these require you to apply to their medical school and then invite you to apply to the postbacc post MD-rejection.

Reactions: 4 users
Applying to DPMS (interviewed last cycle but was rejected). Better luck this time I guess.

Temple ACMS, Georgetown GEMS, Ohio MEDPATH, Uni of Illinois PAP, Meharry MBS, Mich State ABLE, FSU Bridge, Indiana has one too.
Some of these require you to apply to their medical school and then invite you to apply to the postbacc post MD-rejection.
Thanks, I'll look into these too.

You can search through amcas. They have a number of schools with linkage programs, if you don't limit yourself regionally.
Also, kudos for casting a wide net.
Don't forget to include DO schools as well as moving forward DO and MD will be taking the same step (comlex) exams.

hmm I want to get into DPMS, what were your stats (people who were accepted)
I'll give you a range from those that I
know of personally:

Low Gpa 2.9, mcat 20
High gpa 4.0, mcat 30.
Various backgrounds and experiences.
Really, it's varied as you can tell. A key is is there must be a potential for you to succeed. It's not based on hard work or wishing to succeed. They try choosing people who, although who had difficulty in life/grades/etc, have a basis of improving and excelling. This doesn't happen for some- and I suggest anyone interested take these tales and difficulty off the program with heaps of gains of salt.

I'll give you a range from those that I
know of personally:

Low Gpa 2.9, mcat 20
High gpa 4.0, mcat 30.
Various backgrounds and experiences.
Really, it's varied as you can tell. A key is is there must be a potential for you to succeed. It's not based on hard work or wishing to succeed. They try choosing people who, although who had difficulty in life/grades/etc, have a basis of improving and excelling. This doesn't happen for some- and I suggest anyone interested take these tales and difficulty off the program with heaps of gains of salt.

can I apply to DPMS through AMCAS? I don't see the option

Is this program worth applying to if you are not URM?

Also is Middle Eastern considered URM?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what address to send transcripts to and how to send MCAT scores?
Can't find the address on the website.

I just submitted my application to DPMS this past Monday, pending MCAT that I will be taking on January 23 and submitting the score when it is released on February 23. Good Luck to myself as well as others in the application cycle!

I don't think the program is specifically geared towards URM. Refer to the website, it's also for other disadvantage students such as socioeconomic disadvantage. There is a section in the essays that asked to explain how you are considered a disadvantage applicant.

Has anyone ever applied to DPMS without having their MCAT score?

There were students with Russia, Columbia, China...etc backgrounds when I was there for my interview last year...So I feel like you don't have to be URM but must have some types of disadvantage, socioeconomic for example.

You can submit your application without the MCAT score, but it'll be considered incomplete.
Thanks for replying. So if its considered incomplete - they won't even look at it...correct?