Drexel DPMS 2016 - 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you a re-applicant or first timer?

• Total voters
I just called and they said they are meeting today and sending an e-mail tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

congrats!!!did you get it on the mail or email?
I got it as an email that had the official letter attached, and then it said to look out for another email with more details. I'm track 1 by the way incase any if you are too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the e-mail too! It's official :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I was also accepted and probably going to attend. I made a facebook group @Drexel DPMS 2016-2017 so we can get to know the class and plan ahead. Congrats to everyone!
Just got the e-mail too! It's official :)
Hi! I was also accepted and probably going to attend. I made a facebook group @Drexel DPMS 2016-2017 so we can get to know the class and plan ahead. Congrats to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Got the acceptance email too. Not sure if I'm going to attend, waiting to hear back from one program. If anyone knows of housing near the medical school campus, let me know

Has anyone accepted the offer yet? I haven't heard from financial aid and not sure if I should wait or go ahead and accept.

I got into the IMS program. However, this program does not start until August. If any of you guys have a free room for rent by then please let me know. Or you have to lease an apartment let me know. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone accepted the offer yet? I haven't heard from financial aid and not sure if I should wait or go ahead and accept.
You don't really hear from financial aid until you apply for loans in Julyish. Go ahead and accept. Congratulations! Also post the link to the FB group. I know past DPMSers will likely join!

You don't really hear from financial aid until you apply for loans in Julyish. Go ahead and accept. Congratulations! Also post the link to the FB group. I know past DPMSers will likely join!
That's good to know, does that mean the summer session is not included in the toal tuition? is it more like a prep summer session?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who saw the acceptance under the "portal," did you only have one scroll down listed as Fall Semester 2016-2017 College of Medicine? I have three and they all say different things.

For those of you who saw the acceptance under the "portal," did you only have one scroll down listed as Fall Semester 2016-2017 College of Medicine? I have three and they all say different things.
I also applied to their med school so no, I had multiple messages. Under DPMS I had the admission decision.

That's good to know, does that mean the summer session is not included in the toal tuition? is it more like a prep summer session?
It is included, but they bill you with the fall semester. Be prepared to support yourself during the interim brfore loans disburse!

Slow shift at work tonight, got bored and went to the portal and noticed the deposit! Has anyone submitted it yet?

Hey you guys I've been accepted and sent in my letter of intent. How do you get to this portal you guys are talking about?

I want to try to get a place to live (as in apartment) by July. Let me know if you guys are interested.

I got a last minute interview for the program! Could anyone who interviewed tell me about their experience?

Decided to accept another post bac, hopefully my seat goes to one of you guys on the waitlist!

I got a last minute interview for the program! Could anyone who interviewed tell me about their experience?
Congrats on the interview invite! The interview was very laid back, more like a conversation. There was the typical "why med school" question and what difficulties have you faced, the rest went on like a normal professor to student conversation. There was a writing prompt as well. I'd say just be yourself, stay calm and show how excited you are. Good luck! :)

Congrats on the interview invite! The interview was very laid back, more like a conversation. There was the typical "why med school" question and what difficulties have you faced, the rest went on like a normal professor to student conversation. There was a writing prompt as well. I'd say just be yourself, stay calm and show how excited you are. Good luck! :)
Thanks for your input! :D

Haven't heard anything (by email) either, but when I checked the portal that DPMS supposedly doesn't use, it says I've been rejected. Sooo yeah. Not sure if it's true and they just haven't said no officially yet or what. :(

Last edited:
I got into the IMS program. However, this program does not start until August. If any of you guys have a free room for rent by then please let me know. Or you have to lease an apartment let me know. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do you know when in August the program starts?

Hello there! I am interested in applying to this program from the 2017-2018 cycle. What are the stats of those were accepted into the program? Also, do you have to retake the MCAT while you are in the program? Thanks!

Hello, I am interested in this program. Do you know if it will be a disadvantage to have completed an expensive 1 year masters program already?

Hi! I am interested in this program. I am a junior Biochem major, haven't taken MCAT yet. But pretty scared about the exam since i'm not scoring high enough on the practice exams. :( I have a 3.79 cGPA, 3.72 sGPA). I have reasonable research, shadowing, volunteering experience. I do consider myself as a disadvantage applicant due to financial status, I am the first one in the family who is going for professional studies, plus I came from Cuba six years ago. So, transitioning was extremely hard too, both financially and academically. I am scared to take the traditional route to med school due to the fear of low MCAT. So, with my stats and if i come up with around 495 MCAT score, is there a chance into this program?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

From my experience last year it seems that you've all been accepted!! Congrats!!! I decided not to interview this year since I was accepted to a different program, but so happy for those that may be accepted/wait listed.

Can I ask what program you decided to go to?

Hi! I am interested in this program. I am a junior Biochem major, haven't taken MCAT yet. But pretty scared about the exam since i'm not scoring high enough on the practice exams. :( I have a 3.79 cGPA, 3.72 sGPA). I have reasonable research, shadowing, volunteering experience. I do consider myself as a disadvantage applicant due to financial status, I am the first one in the family who is going for professional studies, plus I came from Cuba six years ago. So, transitioning was extremely hard too, both financially and academically. I am scared to take the traditional route to med school due to the fear of low MCAT. So, with my stats and if i come up with around 495 MCAT score, is there a chance into this program?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Aim to take the traditional route, seriously. So invest in a prep course or maybe split princton, kaplan, online resources with someone. This program should not be your top goal, it's a back up. If your info is true, all you need is to take care of the mcat. So if your real about this career do everything you can to beat the mcat and your golden. Logically, would you rather spend 1,200 on a prep course now or 50,000 for a year of DPMS??

That said your stats are fine for dpms however TRY and get 50 percentile in each mcat section before you apply to dpms. if you don't you'll have to take the mcat during the DPMS year (they are considering removing this requirement for 2017 I believe) which is hell!

Please look at other programs, dpms sounds good but they don't talk about its success rate on the website because its not too hot

Edit: can we use the same personal statement and disadvantaged essay we uploaded on amcas?

Last edited:
Edit: can we use the same personal statement and disadvantaged essay we uploaded on amcas?

You can, but given the fact that the disadvantaged essay on AMCAS has to be very brief, I would add to it. The bulk of your application is your response to that question.

You can, but given the fact that the disadvantaged essay on AMCAS has to be very brief, I would add to it. The bulk of your application is your response to that question.
Do you know if there are other medical school link programs like this one?

Why is this thread so dead? :/ is anyone else applying to this currently?

Hey guys, I interviewed for both Ohio State's Medpath and Drexel's DPMS and got accepted to both. I'm going to OSU, but if you have any questions about either of the program's application process or interview days let me know! FYI they just officially changed DPMS into a 1 years masters program, so that should help with financial aid

hey hopefully you see this message
but can you tell me more about your DPMS interview day? ( if you still remember )
Questions? Impressions?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys, I interviewed for both Ohio State's Medpath and Drexel's DPMS and got accepted to both. I'm going to OSU, but if you have any questions about either of the program's application process or interview days let me know! FYI they just officially changed DPMS into a 1 years masters program, so that should help with financial aid
what stats did you have if you don't mind me asking? I am also interested in applying.