Drexel DPMS 2016 - 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you a re-applicant or first timer?

• Total voters
First, congrats to all those who have gotten interviews so far! Does anyone know when the official program start date is? Sorry if you've already posted and I missed it.

June 20th!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So, just a handful received II offers on the 3rd? Maybe next Tuesday they will select the next batch....Hoping that is the case. I was complete on April 25th. Anyone that received a II care to share their completed date?

I just received my interview invite this morning and was complete on the 26th!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my interview invite this morning and was complete on the 26th!

Ouch, looks like I got passed up then because mine was complete on the 25th. Best of luck to you all.

Mine was complete at the beginning of March and I haven't heard anything yet. Are they sending out I's after II's?

I received my interview invite on March 3, but won't be going further. I've chosen another post bacc. Best of luck to everyone and I hope my interview is given to someone who needs it!

Completed my app April 29th like a goomba. Got an interview offer just today

I understand that most ppl arent gonna post unless they get an interview invite but has Anyone receive a rejection yet?

Just checked, Got an email and was denied. Good luck to everyone else!

Does anyone know what the latest date is that they send out invites for an interview? The wait is unnerving..

Does anyone know what the latest date is that they send out invites for an interview? The wait is unnerving..
I know. I was hoping to find out today. Honestly, the one thing I learned this cycle is just how impatient I am. I had no idea....

Members don't see this ad :)
First off, I would like to thank current students who have given such detailed answers about the program. So, from what I've read it seems that the courses are lecture based only and students are given the opportunity to ask questions to professors, i.e., office hours email. Given that there are only 40 students accepted into the program, there must be some kind of group based discussion(s).

These are my questions:

1. I assume that during the summer session the courses are designed for DPMS students only and then during the fall and spring semesters courses are taken with the medical students?
How does this work?

2.I saw people talking about how there's a specific cut off, for instance admissions officers considering high GPA/low MCAT. Have there been individuals with a GPA that's lower than the cut off with a high
MCAT score and I mean in particular those with a low science gpa that were accepted?

3. Also, are DPMS students provided with housing near campus?

4. What essay topics are asked?

Has anyone received a track 1 interview? If so, when was your application complete? Starting to lose my mind having not heard anything yet. Lol I want to call them but feel like they'll just give me a generic answer.

You are not told what Track you are in at the interview.

From anyone who interviewed already, any tips about the structure of the interview? I'm interviewing tomorrow!

Has anyone received a track 1 interview? If so, when was your application complete? Starting to lose my mind having not heard anything yet. Lol I want to call them but feel like they'll just give me a generic answer.
Hey guys, anyone have any updates on where they are in this process? This thread got kind of quiet so I can't tell if people haven't been hearing anything (besides those who already got interviews) or if people just stopped posting. Did anyone get interviews or rejections this week? I still haven't heard anything so I'm just confused on how long I should wait before I know for sure they will no longer offer me an interview. Thanks in advance.

I'm still waiting to hear back (fingers still crossed) I finished my app the beginning of March.

Hey guys, anyone have any updates on where they are in this process? This thread got kind of quiet so I can't tell if people haven't been hearing anything (besides those who already got interviews) or if people just stopped posting. Did anyone get interviews or rejections this week? I still haven't heard anything so I'm just confused on how long I should wait before I know for sure they will no longer offer me an interview. Thanks in advance.
I am still waiting

Haven't heard anything (by email) either, but when I checked the portal that DPMS supposedly doesn't use, it says I've been rejected. Sooo yeah. Not sure if it's true and they just haven't said no officially yet or what. :(
How do you log into the portal, I can't seem to find it?

Haven't heard anything (by email) either, but when I checked the portal that DPMS supposedly doesn't use, it says I've been rejected. Sooo yeah. Not sure if it's true and they just haven't said no officially yet or what. :(
Where do they say they don't use the portal?

This may be a long shot but does anyone have any idea when fall classes would start for this program? Is there any break between the end of the 6 week summer session and fall?

Hey, I have a question for everyone who got an interview invite..
What were the dates available for interviews? Do you remember when the last interview date listed was?
Since the program starts on June 20th, I am wondering if I still have a shot.

Well even though I received an interview for DPMS for May 19th (the last interview date on the email I received ~3 weeks ago), I had to withdraw since I was accepted to my state MD school. I'm wishing all of you the best of luck and for strength and guidance through this process!

Last edited:
Hey, I have a question for everyone who got an interview invite..
What were the dates available for interviews? Do you remember when the last interview date listed was?
Since the program starts on June 20th, I am wondering if I still have a shot.
The last date on my email was yesterday, May 19th. I had dates on every day the last two weeks except Fridays in my email.

Well even though I received an interview for DPMS for May 19th (the last interview date on the email I received ~3 weeks ago), I had to withdraw since I was accepted to my state MD school. I'm wishing all of you the best of luck and for strength and guidance through this process!

The last date on my email was yesterday, May 19th. I had dates on every day the last two weeks except Fridays in my email.

Congratulations on your acceptance, Future Mr. Dr.!

I am guessing since the last interview date has passed, that I will receive a rejection letter sometime soon in the e-mail. It's strange that I have not heard back a yes or no response.

Thank you everyone who has answered my questions on this thread, I wish you all the best of luck!

Hey guys, while everyone is waiting for a decision on their application I would suggest looking into places to live if that dorm life is not for you (it definitely was not for me). I was put on the wait list for DPMS so I had even less time to relocate than most. Pretty sure I got my wait list email May 30th and my acceptance email June 7th while classes started June 20th . I was also track 1 if anyone has any questions. Enjoy the wait while you can lol.

Hey guys, while everyone is waiting for a decision on their application I would suggest looking into places to live if that dorm life is not for you (it definitely was not for me). I was put on the wait list for DPMS so I had even less time to relocate than most. Pretty sure I got my wait list email May 30th and my acceptance email June 7th while classes started June 20th . I was also track 1 if anyone has any questions. Enjoy the wait while you can lol.
Thanks for this info! Do you have any suggestions about places to live?

Via the portal I received the following message:

Admission Decision:
Drexel University is pleased to offer you admission. An official decision letter has been sent to you by mail.

However, since I have been accepted to an MD school I will be declining the offer! I hope it goes to one of you :))

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! via portal. It's such a huge relief am I so grateful to God who made this possible.
Good luck guys!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I also got accepted! I saw on the discover Drexel page!

I got it too! Is this an official acceptance? I don't want to get too excited...

Reactions: 1 users
I got it too! Is this an official acceptance? I don't want to get too excited...
I've been kinda thinking the same thing lol but I think so. I'm gonna call tomorrow to make sure it's legit

An email with your contract requirements is usually your official acceptance letter.

I guess it's too early to celebrate?
I'm not sure. I found out about my interview last year through the portal then got the official email about 1-2 days later. Never checked it to see if I was actually accepted though, so I can't help there.

We definitely got emails with contracts that we had to sign and return.

I hope it's true! I think the portal has been fairly accurate in the past otherwise.

I'm not having any luck reaching them but I think the portal is most likely accurate

I just checked via portal and it says under "Fall Semester 2016-2017 College of Medicine" : "Drexel University is pleased to offer you admission. An official decision letter has been sent to you by mail." Not sure if this is legit or not. Heard others getting a similar response

From my experience last year it seems that you've all been accepted!! Congrats!!! I decided not to interview this year since I was accepted to a different program, but so happy for those that may be accepted/wait listed.

I hope it's true. I want to start planning accordingly but I want to wait for an official letter lol

I actually just got the official letter so those of you who saw accepted on portal, check your email!!