90s Time WWarp - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tagging @Stroganoff because we seem to have some overlapping music tastes/be the only people here who really like Garbage lol

Fun fact: I didn't listen to Garbage much in the 90s but instead got super into their music a bit later through a cappella...which is perhaps the least garbage thing ever :hilarious:
I listened to Garbage at work a good amount. We had free Pandora reign and I tried to mix things up each day but we ended up on 90s grunge a lot cause why the eff not. Also 90s r&b for the same reason

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Fun game, mods. I thought the neutral win condition was fun and I enjoyed picking out weird pictures of clothing items to send to people :D

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Cause this keeps coming up a lot (@ziggyandjazzy & @WildZoo maybe? & @Animal Midwife

why did I tell @mizchiefmanaged about ylo or whatever the **** you call it: I was reading major anxiety meltdown from her so figured I’d answer in PM as well as on thread since it was already so damning by everyone. I HATE when people are letting this game cause them IRL issues like failing an exam, causing panic attacks, etc

I often utilize PMs as a safe space to have players not freak out (or freak out in private, I never comment on my thoughts about gameplay or such) so if people are manipulating my niceness, I’ll stop being kind. And stop modding.
I don't think I mentioned it, but I'm ok with LyLo being announced so I was chill with that decision :)

Reactions: 3 users
I am fine not announcing it cause I don’t think it should matter. People should be wolf hunting, why iNcReAsE the anxiety like that
For some reason I just like to know the gamestate lol and I think it impacts wolf behavior a bit too
But yes it can also just be anxiety inducing lol

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for the game, mods!! @CoffeeQuestionMark @Lawper @StayingPositive2017 @kaydubs

I think any game that goes that many days into lylo is well-balanced. Thank you all for your thoughtful decisions and hard work. Coffee, I loved the old-school style write ups. And thank you for my first opportunity to be a real tinkerer
:biglove:

In thanks to everyone, here is a game playlist I compiled of about 140 songs -- it contains every 90s song posted on the thread by me or others, or songs that I posted in my role PM. It is collaborative, so please add in anything I missed! (A few were intentionally excluded for being clearly out of 90s range ;) )

This is pretty amazing. Worth having the game just for this.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Tagging @Stroganoff because we seem to have some overlapping music tastes/are the only people here who really like Garbage lol

Fun fact: I didn't listen to Garbage much in the 90s but instead got super into their music a bit later through a cappella...which is perhaps the least garbage thing ever :hilarious:
Bend me
Break me
Any way you need me
As long as I want you baby it's all right.

MTV "took over" the college in my hometown in high school, and Garbage and Lit did a concert. There was a whole parking lot full of random booths so we went. I didn't go to the concert because...I dunno. But apparently Garbage went to a local grocery store, filled up a shopping cart with booze, then trashed a local hotel. There might be pics, but they'd be on like 35 mm. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was trying to get you guys to Lynch Cubs to give me some cred, but nobody wanted to do that.
I wonder why...

Stop trying to lynch cubs, omg
:bag:

(Just trying to help you be a better wolf, SOV. Bussing everyone is so 5 years ago :kiss: )

Pippy brought this on herself. She oversold her ability and made it impossible for wolves to deal with her. She was potentially unkillable, or dangerous to kill (especially with only 4 wolves, we couldn’t afford a sacrifice), and she had villager cred. What else were we supposed to do.
...Recall that I am a lying liar who lies, and not believe me? :laugh:

I did find it amusing that someone who pulls out a tae bo reference + RNG target list doesn't recognize a fellow bull****ter when they see one.

But I keep going back and forth on this overall, because it was frustrating but I made it to lylo/final 4 and I haven't gotten to do that in a LONG time. Was really nice to get to finish a game as village.

Last edited:
The narcissistic side of me still wonders if wolves actually saw my weird claim and later transposed it as being confirmed on Pippy instead.

The narcissistic side of me still wonders if wolves actually saw my weird claim and later transposed it as being confirmed on Pippy instead.
Oh I saw all of it though. You mean the post where you said you were unkillable and unlynchable, but then deleted the second part, yes?

It was very hard for me not to be like "AM wtf"

• Haha
  • Wow

I wonder why...

:bag:

(Just trying to help you be a better wolf, SOV. Bussing everyone is so 5 years ago :kiss: )

...Recall that I am a lying liar who lies, and not believe me? :laugh:

I did find it amusing that someone who pulls out a tae bo reference + RNG target list doesn't recognize a fellow bull****ter when they see one.

But I keep going back and forth on this overall, because it was frustrating but I made it to lylo/final 4 and I haven't gotten to do that in a LONG time. Was really nice to get to finish a game as village.
Thought I mentioned it but I doubted your claims, but we couldn’t take a chance on how much was true. Too few wolves with no known conversions leads to some forced conservatism. It was a good game to make outlandish claims and not be called on the bluff.

Thought I mentioned it but I doubted your claims, but we couldn’t take a chance on how much was true. Too few wolves with no known conversions leads to some forced conservatism.
Told dubz earlier today that if this game had been in the lounge, they would have been like "omg shut UP you hyper little ingrate" and killed me N1 regardless of whether they thought I was a bomb or not :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Told dubz earlier today that if this game had been in the lounge, they would have been like "omg shut UP you hyper little ingrate" and killed me N1 regardless of whether they thought I was a bomb or not :laugh:
smh bunch of chicken ****s

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
actually maybe not, might have been a lounge person game in prevet
Which game was this? Because I can link you the most recent one if you want an idea of culture and "acceptable" lynches.

Could you maybe just tell me the point youre trying to make? we're not actually in a game right now so you dont have to stonewall.
I'm not stonewalling. Just trying to figure out if we're on the same page or not. I'm confused as to why my original statement got that reaction from you.

Anyways, here's a link to the most recent though so you can see what I mean: Warhammer

Seriously? I feel stupid enough as it is. Thanks though.
She wasn't talking about you at all...?

I was talking about lounge WW staples like WTF and DocE who seem to like to kill me for opening my mouth. The first time I said anything like "don't kill me plz" they would have been like kill the brat lol

Was not a comment on you guys whatsoever

I'm not stonewalling. Just trying to figure out if we're on the same page or not. I'm confused as to why my original statement got that reaction from you.

Anyways, here's a link to the most recent though so you can see what I mean: Warhammer
Oh my god I played this game and am still so confused by it and didn't know wtf was going on the whole time lol

• Haha

is that the game where @ThoracicGuy won a decisive victory as a wolf

• Angry

Looks like you won. Makes it feel like youre rubbing it in even more. :eek:

Looks like you won. Makes it feel like youre rubbing it in even more. :eek:
It's more like the stuff I was doing there would've gotten me lynched much faster here. Because I swam with the stream, they let me live/be cleared. Lynched the less "acceptables" first. It took three separate mechanical outings for my lynch smh

Anyone heard of Frogpond? This album was produced by Art (from Everclear), and I think they got signed. Here's the most recognized, "Be" from 1996. Art's doing background vocals.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Sorry not sorry for the spam lol

I'm a huge 311 fan so I'll restrain myself haha.

Dang it, Incubus's "Drive" and "Wish You Were Here" are both 2000 and 2001.
And so was System of a Down.

Ok this one is 1998, some random Hole for you:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone heard of Frogpond? This album was produced by Art (from Everclear), and I think they got signed. Here's the most recognized, "Be" from 1996. Art's doing background vocals.

Lol the *blahblahblah*
went to my elementary school and was in my sister’s class
No quotes

Last edited:
What question?
Also, woah mpm and afflac know each other?!
I just realized that this is the second time this has happened to me. I obviously wasn't paying attention during the game because it was mentioned a few times. I'm currently 0-2. I need to start paying attention more.

So I changed the channel to A&E for Live PD that starts at 8 and left to go get some food. I come back and the TV is on Nickelodeon and also playing Jumanji (1995). Gotta love it!
So you've got a ghost? Who you gonna call? :unsure:

• Haha